NATALIE PORTMAN is Thor!

For some reason this moment tug on my heartstrings. Don't know why...
Maybe because it's indeed nice to see her again, also because Thor will surely and thankfully be happy once again, but also maybe because i feel like this joy could be short lived and lead to even more suffering. Anyways it's a sweet moment.

Also Natalie Portman's acting just in that moment along is noteworthy. From that simple greeting i felt a sense of joy from Jane Foster/Mighty Thor but also a sense of sadness as well.

Yep, amazing, and it means a lot that she dedicated herself to getting into such great shape for the role. Really wish her character takes off here.
Yeah......she's definitely been spending time in the gym. She looks great.

For some reason this moment tug on my heartstrings. Don't know why...
Maybe because it's indeed nice to see her again, also because Thor will surely and thankfully be happy once again, but also maybe because i feel like this joy could be short lived and lead to even more suffering. Anyways it's a sweet moment.

Also Natalie Portman's acting just in that moment along is noteworthy. From that simple greeting i felt a sense of joy from Jane Foster/Mighty Thor but also a sense of sadness as well.

Given that it's all but confirmed that she has cancer, they have an opportunity to play up the tragedy angle in a way we haven't really seen from Marvel before.

Yeah that's why I don't get why they pump her up with photoshop in the promo art, she's in better shape than just about any female superhero we've had to date. I get she's supposed to be in god-shape, so that's on another level. But her arms and shoulders are like twice the size of Gal Gadot's and nobody doubted her strength as WW after seeing the film.

Like She-Hulk I get, but Portman doesn't really need it.

Really depressing to see the usual neckbeards on Twitter obsessively claiming that Natalie's arms are "fake".

Last edited:
I hope they plan to have her hang around for more than one appearance. The cancer storyline should be the way to end it, but it doesn’t have to reach its conclusion right away.

Really depressing to see the usual neckbeards obsessively claiming that Natalie's arms are "fake".

Definitely, and Marvel doesn't help her by releasing promo art like the spanish language piece above, where her arms look like cartoons

Really depressing to see the usual neckbeards on Twitter obsessively claiming that Natalie's arms are "fake".
It's probably part of the usual hate mongering bunch. Ignore them.
They're probably just fuming at the mouth from simply seeing something different that challenges them a little.

She does not look happy in this shot. Battle scared too.
It seems to be at Omnipotence City.

FVyvz45XoAcjKPx

On making her look taller:

Another unexpected benefit for Portman to embracing her newfound sense of size has been watching others around her have to contend with it. Quite literally on “Love and Thunder”: Jane’s Mighty Thor stands six feet tall, and since there’s no healthy way yet for an actor to grow nearly 10 inches, the crew had to get creative to bring Portman to the proper height for scenes in which she walked with her co-stars.

“We’d rehearse the scene, they’d see the path, and then they’d build a path that was like one foot off the ground or whatever, and I would just walk on that,” Portman says, her eyes lighting up at the memory.

Thompson laughs at just the mention of the process. “They would call it a deck, but depending on the accent, sometimes it sounded like something else,” she recalls. “Because we’re all children.”

“It was actually one of our running jokes,” Portman says before leaping up from her chair with a wild grin to demonstrate what would happen when Hemsworth had to cross over the deck. “Chris would have to …” she says before attempting to take a wide step while keeping her head level. She dissolves into giggles: “They’d all have to navigate my deck!”

On TDW:

One factor, however, that did not affect Portman’s feelings: the tricky matter that “The Dark World” has been widely regarded as one of the worst films in the MCU. “I mean, I had it with ‘The Professional’ too,” she says of the 1994 Luc Besson thriller that was her feature debut. “It was slaughtered critically, and now, despite having been in Marvel and ‘Star Wars’ movies, it’s the main thing people come up to me about. That and ‘Star Wars’ are two examples of things that when they came out, I was like, ‘Oh, my God, this is a disaster.’ And then 20 years later — actually, 30 years later for ‘The Professional’ — it’s beloved.”

On Cancer:

When asked whether Jane will face a similar fate in the movie, Portman’s eyes go slack. “How can I answer this in a way that will be not completely skirting it, but also not being …” She trails off, and then gives a painstakingly worded response about the “duality” of human Jane versus the Mighty Thor, and how living as a superhero “might give you a different perspective on your human life.” She laughs sheepishly. “I don’t know. Does that give you anything that’s not totally vague?”

On making her look taller:

On TDW:

On Cancer:

I love this I am getting more and more into Mighty Thor the more they reveal about the film.

I've never liked copy cat characters but they seem to be doing a great job of making her unique and her own character and I love that.

Very interesting to see the training she went through. The results were amazing.

Natalie is a total pro. Give her a role that requires a physical transformation and you can bet that she'll deliver.

Nice to see that she really enjoyed herself playing Mighty Thor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"