NATALIE PORTMAN is Thor!

Discussion in 'Thor: Love and Thunder' started by psylockolussus, Jul 23, 2019.

1. LauraT Registered

I don't think she's just taking money from The Mouse, she doesn't really need to at this point, unless she saved very poorly. TW is currently on everybody's list of "People I Want to Work With" in Hollywood and she seems very excited about that. That and the getting to play a female Thor/superhero and not just Dr. Jane Foster: Love Interest is probably a big draw as well. Not to mention potentially some of the more meaty emotional cancer scenes.

I'm not a big Natalie fan and I don't think she sounded dismissive about the film, her tone was light and Jane becoming Thor is inherently a little silly as a plot point, even when done really well. I'm sure the film will be pretty different to the last time she played Jane in quite a dour film that was also more than a little silly. Even if she is just in it for the money, there are plenty of actors that most likely joined the MCU more for the name/visibility than the artistic merit and turned in good performances.

I would imagine there has to be some sort of pathos, if they're using Jane's cancer battle and there was a mixture of comic dealing with it and real pain in Thor's IW/Endgame storyline.

2. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Also a movie that likely features talking trees, raccoons, rock monsters, horse faced aliens, space sharks, giant dwarfs, pegasus, Goldblum... can very well be called kind of “silly” and in a good way I might add.

Bring more of the weird stuff. We have plenty of the usual cookie cutter, rethread kind of stuff everywhere else...

3. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

These are some sweet panels.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this sort of angle would be the one used in TLT. Funny, heartfelt but also still very much thor in nature.

4. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide