Navicomputer: What's our course heading from here? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' started by KRYPTON INC., May 26, 2018.

1. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Coming out of this movie especially in the third act I felt that what I was seeing was a set up for not only at least two sequel films but in general the key stone in a sub-universe in the SW's realm. Call it the Solo-verse or the underbelly of the SW universe, what have you. Point is, They laid the groundwork for new ideas, characters and organizations that could be spun out seven ways from Sunday. Hell, I wouldn't mind a Solo CGI show at this point to fill in more gaps.

So... Where do you all as fans see this going? Where do you WANT it to go? Where do you see Lucasfilm taking this? I think that it's all on solid ground given how this movie comes together at the end so please, have at it fans.

What's our course from here?

2. RocketsNutz

RocketsNutz Registered

I do want to see more of Han and Chewie, and even more of Lando with them as well. I personally think Lando is more interesting relating/interacting to Han than he is by himself (I think that's just because narcissists annoy me, if I want to watch one of those I can watch reality TV -- tho the Lando comic mini series was pretty good).

But yeah, I thought both Qui'ra and Beckett's (and I guess Lando's) presence kinda pulled time away from the 'Han & Chewie' only screen time. I guess I just feel like I want to see them develop and hone those scheming skills together more. I felt, and perhaps it was the goal, that Han had a bit of a naivety to him throughout the movie... a bit of an unwarranted confidence. Yes he kinda spins that at the end there, but I feel like that was just the start.

Whether that is done over one movie or two, IDK. The more the merrier I spose.

That being said, with Maul looming in the background now I don't know how many you can go without him coming into play. And although I think it's awesome that they've kinda tied in this "shadow collective 2" type thing here, I don't really want to see Han and Maul share screen time.

Don't want to see Maul and Obi-Wan onscreen either, as some people are saying they'd like to see, and think somehow this is leading to that. I don't think you can do that and remain in continuity with Rebels canon. And if you do do it, you've got to make sure Maul doesn't know that Obi-Wan is on Tatooine, so part of his Rebels arc with Ezra is that discovery.

I do think the movie opens up the underworld stuff to a larger audience, and I think it did so even before it brought Maul into the fold. But an extended view into that world would be cool, especially as we know with Cad Bane and Hondo from TCW that there are some interesting characters there to be explored.

One complaint about the movie tho... and honestly this is a TBD, because they could throw us a curve if there is a sequel... but for them to refer to 'an up and coming gangster' on Tatooine is a little odd if it's reference to Jabba. Jabba and the Hutts have already been established as a force in the universe as far back as TPM. So you'd assume any players in the underworld, ie Beckett would be well aware of them... though maybe Beckett was just withholding the name from Han for whatever reason... even though it seems Han is a little green with his 'underworld players' knowledge at this point.

3. MeenieWK

MeenieWK Screw Loose

I’m not sure how maul will fit into this , its perhaps just fan service.
    (Without causing issues with the Rebels storyline)

But I think the idea of an “under verse” is really exciting, if done right of course

I think Jabba being the Big bad is the way to go, and he could be used to tie in Solo with the Fett movie, Obi-Wan movie and Solo 2

They could also use the Tv series in between these “event movies” in order to tie them into the same sphere of the universe, which keeps them all separate to the SAga movies.

But maybe I’m hoping for too much

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

There's no guarantee they will make live-action sequels at all.

5. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I want to see Black Sun vs Crimson Dawn.

GIVE ME XIZOR!!!!

6. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Wouldn't mind an arc for Maul where he ends up losing to Black Sun with Han and Chewie playing a role in his downfall and abandonment on Malachor. Hell.., Malachor and the Sith weapons, tech and info on Malachor would make for good macguffins.

7. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

No, but any loose ends in this wouldn't have to necessarily be in Solo sequels. [BLACKOUT]Qi'ra and Darth Maul could be incorporated into a Boba Fett movie should they choose to go that route.[/BLACKOUT]

8. DACrowe

DACrowe Registered

I would've been fine with a sequel but [blackout]if not for the Darth Maul scene, there wouldn't be any hanging threads for one.[/blackout]

It's a shame if we don't get movies set in the "gangster underworld" of SW, but it's clear if we did, it won't be starring Han Solo. Maybe a Lando movie about him fighting Q'ira and [blackout]Darth Maul?[/blackout]

Either that or no follow up.

9. Snow Queen

The idea of a series of underworld movies with [BLACKOUT]Maul[/BLACKOUT] playing a role excites me. I really hope we get that, as a sequel or otherwise. The one thing about that I'm not into is the idea of more [BLACKOUT]Qi'Ra.[/BLACKOUT] Boba from Mangold seems like a good way to continue that thread, potentially with a Hutts vs Crimson Dawn element. I'm just quite pleased that the spoiler seems to indicate a readiness to continue with the underworld stuff, something I really want to see more of on screen. Lot of characters to pull from for it that would be nice to see too.

10. MistaBinks

MistaBinks Registered

ESPN recently signed two deals with UFC. The first deal was $150m a year deal to broadcast fights on its new streaming service ESPN+. Everyone involved pretty much acknowledges they grossly overpaid but that it is still a good deal. You take an early loss to get people to subscribe to the app.

ESPN is owned by Disney.

I wonder if LFL would be interested in producing movies that were direct to the new Disney app. Maybe not the Episode or new trilogy films but future Soloverse films. Movies that cost around 150m a la the UFC deal. Direct to app movies in May. Theatrical episode movies in December.

11. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Not Today

One thing's for sure, this film did what I didn't think was possible: Make me excited for the OT-era spinoff films. I think there's a lot of potential with this underworld storyline. They've already got built-in popularity for their new Big Bad. I see each of the upcoming films filling in more pieces of the puzzle before the main players reunite in the end to take down Crimson Dawn.

If Lando really is next on the pipe, they've got a good set-up to start right where solo ends. Just imagine the trailer.... "The Calrission Chronicles, Chapter 17, continued. There I was, no ship, no money, no crew, and the biggest gang in the galaxy out for my head. But you know what they say.... Can't keep a good hustler down".

12. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Registered

That moment when Lando was vlogging when everyone else was super stressed got a big laugh in my showing, and in my country people usually don't laugh in theater.

13. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I feel like we'll likely get two sequels.

1. How Lando took over Bespin.

2. Qi-Ra becoming the true heir to the Sith teachings who heads to Korriban to restart the Sith Order in secret.

14. DACrowe

DACrowe Registered

I don't feel like Q'ira will become a Sith. She's a femme fatale trying to play all angles. Too cynical for that. I do see her... arrangement eventually ending very bad for her. But hey, she's a again a fatale.

15. KingCheops

KingCheops Registered

If they continue doing the Crimson Dawn they need to have it just be about Qi'ra or it has to not involve Darth Maul any further:

We know how things end for Maul and that neither Han nor Lando are directly involved in it

I'd like to see more about Jabba and Han. More elaboration on Han and Chewie. I'd also like a Lando movie about Bespin.

I wouldn't mind a new cartoon series anthology where each season is the rise of a new Rebel cell that eventually joins the Alliance. We've seen the Ghost Crew/Phoenix Squadron, Saw Guerera, and now Enfys Nest. I'd also like to see a series about the founding of the Alliance itself -- differences between Organa and Mothma and struggling with what to do about groups like Saw's.

16. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

I think there's room for sequels and I would enjoy them. I think the surprise cameo could appear in sequels (and would be fitting). I also think the Boba Fett and Obi Wan movies could continue the story of that character.

Obviously, a lot depends on whether Disney will consider this movie worth it. It underperformed on the weekend but it has the advantage of Memorial Day to make up for it. Plus, things look pretty open for the next couple weeks and I'm hoping a positive word of mouth can help. Star Wars is, overall, an American movie and can't depend in the international audience. I suspect it'll be number one until Incredibles.

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

What? These things aren't mutually-exclusive. You can still have Maul feature prominently as the head of Crimson Dawn and still respect the timeline of Rebels. You have a couple of years to work with here - he has to be stranded on Malachor at some point, and vaguely Rebels gives the sense he's been there since soon after the Clone Wars, but it's not said explicitly. There's wiggle-room there.

Feature him in the gang movies, but just have him eventually either have to flee with his tail between his legs and the place he chooses is Malachor, or he's actively seeking out the holocron there for whatever reason.

We're still like 7 years before those events in Rebels. You don't really need him trapped there for more than a year or two.