NBA 2015-2016: Age of Exorbitant Television Money - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a lot of games that Peyton played poorly. I don't want to derail this thread but needless to say, for the two rings he has, both were statistically his worst playoff performances of his career (sans the AFC championship against NE)

But the narrative that Peyton had no culpability for any of his playoff defeats is another thing he shares with LeBron. For years, YEARS, his teams were favored going into the playoffs to win it all. And somehow, he escaped a lot of criticism for a lot of blunders. There was always a reason other than the fact that sometimes you just need to make something happen.

The opening play against Seattle encapsulates Peyton's career to me in a nutshell. It's the Superbowl, and the first play of the game no less. Let your team get settled, run a routine play and just....play. Instead, he sees something, has to go through his audible routine and the center winds up screwing up. Is that all on Peyton? Of course not, just like it's not ALL on LeBron, but it sure as hell didn't help matters....
What years? I hear this alot, but what years were this and he dropped the ball? Like you just blamed him for a bad snap. Come on.

There were a lot of games that Peyton played poorly. I don't want to derail this thread but needless to say, for the two rings he has, both were statistically his worst playoff performances of his career (sans the AFC championship against NE)

But the narrative that Peyton had no culpability for any of his playoff defeats is another thing he shares with LeBron. For years, YEARS, his teams were favored going into the playoffs to win it all. And somehow, he escaped a lot of criticism for a lot of blunders. There was always a reason other than the fact that sometimes you just need to make something happen.

The opening play against Seattle encapsulates Peyton's career to me in a nutshell. It's the Superbowl, and the first play of the game no less. Let your team get settled, run a routine play and just....play. Instead, he sees something, has to go through his audible routine and the center winds up screwing up. Is that all on Peyton? Of course not, just like it's not ALL on LeBron, but it sure as hell didn't help matters....

Are you talking about Lebron of Peyton? Cause the only time Lebron was favorited in the finals was when they played the Mav, his first year with the Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"