NBA 2017/2018: Nothing Is Free In Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Sixers sure an interesting team and just got more interesting with Embiid. I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

But it's right back to looking like the Warriors are a lock to me. Almost had some doubt for a while there.

Over the years I've realized I'm the only Rondo fan in here...but people need to understand he's always been steady and productive in the playoffs, his whole career. He's a champion who was an integral part of that team, and he's still no joke.

Glad for Anthony Davis though, and the NBA as a whole. He still seems to be under the radar a bit for how great he is, partially because of who he plays for. But I don't think nobody wants to deal with him in the playoffs, and finally, he's forcing them to...

Nah, I like Rondo. Been a fan of his since his Celtics days. I was happy when he joined the Mavs, until that blew up, for whatever reason. But I've always thought he was pretty amazing assist man and driver.

Ricky Rubio > Russell Westbrook

Who was the one that argued Carmelo was still a legit really good NBA player? :woot:

I'm going to go with the Portland Trailblazers.

Over the years I've realized I'm the only Rondo fan in here...but people need to understand he's always been steady and productive in the playoffs, his whole career. He's a champion who was an integral part of that team, and he's still no joke.

I've been a Rondo fan since his days at UK. He's a son of BBN (one of only two remaining NBA Cats who Cal didn't recruit) so I've followed him wherever he's played. I've always said that he's one of the smartest players in the game. As a Pelican fan as well as a Cat fan , I'm glad to see that he's using his court vision to benefit the Pels.

Ricky Rubio > Russell Westbrook

Who was the one that argued Carmelo was still a legit really good NBA player? :woot:

Don't be ridiculous.

And Melo is, offensively, when he's doing what he does. He's being made into some transition spot up guy, something he's never been in his life.

Rondo? No thanks. Worthless player in my eyes. He actually quit right on the court in the middle of a playoff game because he was upset at the coach or something? Why would I want a guy like that on my team? (and that was my team)

Or maybe it's that black players don't like playing for the Mavs because of the perception they are a white man's team in a "conservative city". The Mavs will probably grab that Euro player in the draft this year to cement that rep even further.

----------------

Sixers won that game even though they committed 26 turnovers? Don't know what kind of scary that is. Does it mean they are too young to be taken seriously? (probably) or that they are so good they can win even when they don't play well? (maybe)

Rondo? No thanks. Worthless player in my eyes. He actually quit right on the court in the middle of a playoff game because he was upset at the coach or something? Why would I want a guy like that on my team? (and that was my team)

He's also the same guy gutting it out in a tense playoff game with a dislocated elbow. I'm sorry, I do want THAT guy on my team.

Speaking of PG play, new least favorite player...Eric Bledsoe. That dude's a joke an almost cost them that game. Again. He's been atrocious the majority of the series.

How about the East playoffs? Never thought the Raptors would have this much trouble with the Wizards. The Sixers are looking strongest of them all. They just won a game where they had 26 turnovers. I wouldn't think that is possible.

Cavs still can't hold a lead. Lebron plays 46 minutes. The best thing that could happen for him is to go out in the 1st round and get some rest after leading the league in minutes at age 33.

Spurs won a game? I'm surprised. I didn't even watch that one. Warriors still look like the heavy favorite to me.

New Orleans Hilarious Team Name sweep Portland. Wow...Maybe AD is finally arriving.

He's also the same guy gutting it out in a tense playoff game with a dislocated elbow. I'm sorry, I do want THAT guy on my team.

Well I guess it's fine until he torpedoes a team you root for. No way I could ever forgive that gutless cowardice. He did that to my team so I'll never give him any praise. Tells me that you take a risk with him. He could get upset about something at the worst time and then your team is screwed.

New Orleans Hilarious Team Name sweep Portland. Wow...Maybe AD is finally arriving.

AD showed MVP-candidate skills last season. What's changed is that the Pelicans have finally gotten aggressive in acquiring his supporting cast. They've quietly been the beneficiary of lopsided trades like Jrue Holiday and Niko Mirotic. They've taken gambles on guys like Rondo and Emeka Okafor, and unlike past Hornet/Pelican dice rolls, they've actually yielded results.

AD's attitude has been a key part of the building process. He's made it clear that the only way that he'll leave NOLA is if the Pels ship him off in a trade. That's a big change from the frustration of past stars who couldn't wait to leave NOLA when their first contracts ended.

Just heard that Lebron has had 61 playoff games where he led his team in points, rebounds, and assists. That's 40 more than the next player on the list!

Lebron is doing a Wilt to the record books.

AD's attitude has been a key part of the building process. He's made it clear that the only way that he'll leave NOLA is if the Pels ship him off in a trade. That's a big change from the frustration of past stars who couldn't wait to leave NOLA when their first contracts ended.

I like that. Makes me really want to root for him.

Is it too early for The Last Son to pick the Cavs over the Warriors in the Finals?

Russell Westbrook is not even the third best player in this series, is getting outplayed by Rubio and Carmelo isn't in the top 10. :lmao:

Is it too early for The Last Son to pick the Cavs over the Warriors in the Finals?

The cavs are going to come back from a 4-0 deficit to the warriors in the finals

-TLS

Westbrook showed up tonight. OKC shows signs of life.

Cavs/Pacers was nuts. Refs are going to take a beating but it worked out at the end. They may have missed a Pacer poking the ball out of bounds and gave them the ball....then they may have missed a goaltend on a Lebron blocked shot. But Lebron hit a game winning 3 so that wouldn't matter either way. They just win by 1 instead of 3.

That game winner by Lebron was a beautiful shot. He's still got the magic.

Westbrook showed up tonight. OKC shows signs of life.

Cavs/Pacers was nuts. Refs are going to take a beating but it worked out at the end. They may have missed a Pacer poking the ball out of bounds and gave them the ball....then they may have missed a goaltend on a Lebron blocked shot. But Lebron hit a game winning 3 so that wouldn't matter either way. They just win by 1 instead of 3.

Tremendous efforts from LeBron, Westbrook & Paul George.

As I've always said, and really my only criticism of LeBron (at least in terms of on the court stuff), was his lack of aggressiveness at different points early in his career. But since he's returned, he's been picking his spots wisely, and they needed every single point, assist & rebound.

But clearly, the refs screwed up a couple of times near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"