NBA 2017/2018: Nothing Is Free In Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time a team loses these days, it’s becuaes they choked. It’s never because the other team was actually better.

Normally I agree (especially about my 2011 Mavs), but in this case, it's hard to ignore all those missed putback shots at the end of the game. Everything was in the Raptor's favor.

But why do I get the sense the Raptors blow them out tonight just to prove how wacky sports is?

Let's not pretend LeBron doesn't have the refs on his team.

I see evidence for the opposite. He gets the same treatment Shaq got from what I see. Because he's big and strong the refs let more contact go with him.

And if they were on his side they certainly wouldn't have called that turnover against him in the Pacers series. That could have lost them the series.

And then there is this no-call in the last 3 minutes of game 7 of the freaking NBA Finals.

e1wEUrk.jpg

I dare anyone to find a call that bad in the worst possible situation (could have cost them a ring) for any other star player.

Predictions tonight!

Raptors over Cavs: Lebron plays better, other Cavs regress, Raps remember they are better
Sixers over Celtics: Kids learn from game 1 and they have more talent

I feel like both will be by comfortable margins

The Raptors are going to get swept.

David Fizdale is the new Knicks coach... and subsequently, I can no longer wish for his success.

Told ya'll they had a chance :o

The Raptors cannot beat them.

Yeah... I gave them too much credit. Their mental block is legend.

What a game between the Celtics and the 76ers.

Predictions tonight!

Raptors over Cavs: Lebron plays better, other Cavs regress, Raps remember they are better
Sixers over Celtics: Kids learn from game 1 and they have more talent

I feel like both will be by comfortable margins

Nailed it! :pcg::pal::applaud

Well at the least the Sixers have the excuse that they were on the road. Simmons gave them...1 point. That's my boy there!

Wondering if the Cavs support players are getting better or if the Raptors just don't play good defense on them. Love was aggressive tonight.

David Fizdale is the new Knicks coach... and subsequently, I can no longer wish for his success.

I just saw his wife, he's already succeeded at life.

Philly really gave that game away.

If you mean gave away the ball, I agree. As a long time Laker fan, I can't stand Boston, but they should have put that game away by not missing FTs.

Whatever.

Cavs v Raptors....there are people in LA who get paid to speak for ESPN and are saying the Lakers shouldn't make a run at LBJ because they won't win a ring with him. According to these geniuses, they should focus on their young core and James isn't worth the cap hit.

Man, I'd get fired if I was that stupid.

How is it that the Cavs struggled to win a 7-game series over Indiana but are now up 3-0 on the #1 seed Toronto?

How is it that the Cavs struggled to win a 7-game series over Indiana but are now up 3-0 on the #1 seed Toronto?

Indiana is a tough matchup. Toronto (god, that is a great city....frelling love that place) has no answer to LBJ and Kevin Love perked up.

James has me shaking my head in disbelief even though I KNEW he was taking over as I was watching that game at about the 2-3 minute mark.

I hope Disney offers him a new Space Jam movie or something. That dude is off the charts.

Indiana is a tough matchup. Toronto (god, that is a great city....frelling love that place) has no answer to LBJ and Kevin Love perked up.

James has me shaking my head in disbelief even though I KNEW he was taking over as I was watching that game at about the 2-3 minute mark.

I hope Disney offers him a new Space Jam movie or something. That dude is off the charts.

Yep matchups are huge. I'm not completely buying the "Love and JR Smith are back!" narrative until I see them do it in the next round. Boston defense might be a different story. And of course GS is a whole nother level too if the Cavs get past Boston.

I'm legit wondering if Lebron is trolling his haters at this point. The "he isn't clutch" thing is going to look really silly if anyone tries that one. But the anti-Lebron faction is determined. I saw a few people claiming "It wasn't a high pressure shot since they were just going to OT at home if he missed". Yeah....ask the Sixers how that went. Another good one is "It's a bad thing to win with a shot at the buzzer instead of blowing the other team out". Now that's a new one!

But maybe figure out that FT shooting so you don't have to hit those buzzer beaters? :sly:

Weird how the East was the interesting conference in the 1st round while the West was a snore-fest and now it's the opposite. Well...Maybe I shouldn't claim the East is boring....just not competitive. The two games yesterday certainly were entertaining! Another LBJ buzzer beater and the Sixers added "premature confetti" to the lexicon of sports terminology. :woot:

It's like the Raptors are doing their damndest to keep particular internet memes alive.

SNL had a little fun with the Cavs last night:

[YT]d9HGjZd_Fm8[/YT]

It helped that Tristan Thompson didn't hardly play until the last couple of games in the Indiana series.

Looks like it's going to be Cavs vs Warriors Part 4.

I know people joke about the Raptors but in all honesty they're a good team. But that's all they've ever been, and if they're truly looking to accomplish anything, they need to blow this whole thing up. Lowry & DeRozan would be good supplementary pieces to a true superstar caliber player, they're going nowhere supplementary to each other....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"