NBA 2017/2018: Nothing Is Free In Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect tomorrow will be more of the same unless the Rockets surprise me. Another mismatch. Then it will all be followed by another mismatch in the Finals.

You could see it coming if you watched the Cavs this year. The Raptors now look even worse.
LeBron not calling Kyrie looks a lot worse. Now especially as he has been awful today.

LeBron not calling Kyrie looks a lot worse. Now especially as he has been awful today.

Still pretending Lebron wanted to trade Kyrie I see.

Kyrie was smart to want out of Cleveland. They are terrible at putting together a team. They probably have 4 of the top 5 players on the court. They don't even need Kyrie to get to the Finals.

Still pretending Lebron wanted to trade Kyrie I see.

Kyrie was smart to want out of Cleveland. They are terrible at putting together a team. They probably have 4 of the top 5 players on the court. They don't even need Kyrie to get to the Finals.
No. He did nothing to stop it. Perhaps you should read and listen to what those that actual report and follow the team say happened. Namely that LeBron didn't want Kyrie to leave, but made no actual effort to keep him. But hey, why ruin your narrative.

Yea but they need him to win the finals.

No. He did nothing to stop it. Perhaps you should read and listen to what those that actual report and follow the team say happened. Namely that LeBron didn't want Kyrie to leave, but made no actual effort to keep him. But hey, why ruin your narrative.

So now the fact that the team wanted to trade Kyrie against Lebron's wishes disappears because you are imagining that "Lebron did nothing to stop it". I thought Lebron ran the team?

It's been nearly a year, and we're still debating the Kyrie trade? Sigh.

Anyways, it was 1 game. Not getting too worked up over it. Indiana blew them out in several games as well and they won the series in the end.

So now the fact that the team wanted to trade Kyrie against Lebron's wishes disappears because you are imagining that "Lebron did nothing to stop it". I thought Lebron ran the team?
No, he literally did nothing to stop it. He was being Mr. Hands off, on purpose. The Cavs did not want to trade Kyrie.

It's been nearly a year, and we're still debating the Kyrie trade? Sigh.

Anyways, it was 1 game. Not getting too worked up over it. Indiana blew them out in several games as well and they won the series in the end.
You should be worked up by the fact that no match up, outside of LeBron, favors you. And the Celtics have much better players then the Pacers and the best coach in basketball.

Look.. Spider-Fan....

I love you man... I do... But...... Cleveland is done... it's dead... Bury it... With our new coach that came from the Midtown Middle School 76ers located in Atlanta, the Hawks are going to take over the east for the next 10-15 years.

I'm not talking about one championship... or two.... or three... or four... or five... I'm talking 12-13.

Look.. Spider-Fan....

I love you man... I do... But...... Cleveland is done... it's dead... Bury it... With our new coach that came from the Midtown Middle School 76ers located in Atlanta, the Hawks are going to take over the east for the next 10-15 years.

I'm not talking about one championship... or two.... or three... or four... or five... I'm talking 12-13.
The Hawks will be beating Thanos, with all 6 gems.

(Chuck voice) Listen... some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

No, he literally did nothing to stop it. He was being Mr. Hands off, on purpose. The Cavs did not want to trade Kyrie.

Are you reading Lebron's mind again? ;)

You should be worked up by the fact that no match up, outside of LeBron, favors you. And the Celtics have much better players then the Pacers and the best coach in basketball.

How about that? We agree. :gngl:

The Pacers played the tough defense, but the Celtics have better players and a better coach. The Pacers took the Cavs to 7 without all that.

We'll see. It's one game.

Look.. Spider-Fan....

Eh, we'll see. Even if the Cavs are done, oh well. They got 1 NBA Championship and 3 trips to the finals in this run. It's honestly been the best time watching a Cleveland sports team in my lifetime. So if the run is over, so be it. But as previously stated, at this point it is 1 loss.

i read lebrons mind all the time... currently he's thinking "It sure is going to be fun playing with Kawhi in LA."

lo8GOF6.gif

We'll see. It's one game.

Eh, we'll see. Even if the Cavs are done, oh well. They got 1 NBA Championship and 3 trips to the finals in this run. It's honestly been the best time watching a Cleveland sports team in my lifetime. So if the run is over, so be it. But as previously stated, at this point it is 1 loss.

That's true. I tend to root for Cleveland teams in general. I don't know if any city "deserves" some success, but Cleveland might just be that city.

It's crazy how sports have gone for you guys over the years. All the Browns stuff from the 80s was bad. Then you lose the Browns completely for a while in that "sneak out of town in the middle of the night" thing.

And even when you have something going well....the country tends to root against you. You get Lebron and of course the MJ fan nation goes on the attack like they always do. (and Lebron doesn't help with his interviews where he comes off as arrogant so often) Most of the country roots against the Cavs! That's pretty amazing.

Same with the Indians. You guys make the World Series. Great story, right? Well....not so fast. The opponent was the Cubs. Somehow the country got on the Cubs bandwagon and so it was once again everyone rooting against a Cleveland team! Chicago has so many championships you can't even count them all....but the Cubs needed to win!

That was the most cruel thing of all. It came right on the heels of the Cavs finally breaking the curse while staging the biggest comeback in NBA history from 3-1 down in the series. Cleveland got several months of joy from that. .....But then it happens again in the WS....in reverse of course! The one thing that would totally negate the great feeling from the Cavs win is what happened. That was a real wtf moment for me. It's like the sports gods actually hate Cleveland.

I live in Dallas and we are currently in a sports wasteland, but good lord we've had some awesome moments to relive in the down times.

No. I just listen and read Windhorst and McMenamin.

So you let other people read his mind for you and if you agree with their mind reading conclusions, you go with that? :sly:

Boy the Rockets better give us some hope that there is a reason to watch this playoffs tonight. I anticipate another blowout though.

That's true. I tend to root for Cleveland teams in general. I don't know if any city "deserves" some success, but Cleveland might just be that city.

It's crazy how sports have gone for you guys over the years. All the Browns stuff from the 80s was bad. Then you lose the Browns completely for a while in that "sneak out of town in the middle of the night" thing.

And even when you have something going well....the country tends to root against you. You get Lebron and of course the MJ fan nation goes on the attack like they always do. (and Lebron doesn't help with his interviews where he comes off as arrogant so often) Most of the country roots against the Cavs! That's pretty amazing.

Same with the Indians. You guys make the World Series. Great story, right? Well....not so fast. The opponent was the Cubs. Somehow the country got on the Cubs bandwagon and so it was once again everyone rooting against a Cleveland team! Chicago has so many championships you can't even count them all....but the Cubs needed to win!

That was the most cruel thing of all. It came right on the heels of the Cavs finally breaking the curse while staging the biggest comeback in NBA history from 3-1 down in the series. Cleveland got several months of joy from that. .....But then it happens again in the WS....in reverse of course! The one thing that would totally negate the great feeling from the Cavs win is what happened. That was a real wtf moment for me. It's like the sports gods actually hate Cleveland.

I live in Dallas and we are currently in a sports wasteland, but good lord we've had some awesome moments to relive in the down times.

Dallas has been lucky historically, but yeah not so much luck really since the Mavs upset the Heat.

Honestly in regards to the WS, I was not that upset about it. It was another "Cleveland" ending for sure, but I think that hit was very much lessened by the fact the Cavs won, so I was still riding high off that even that far in the year. I do feel like all other sports towns actively root against Cleveland though. Don't really know why it is that way, but the "Us vs The World" is real, LOL!

But in regards to the Indians, since I have been alive, the Indians had at least some good runs (90s, late 2000s, and now all had good teams) and the Cavs have made the finals 4 times in my lifetime to date (granted, 2 of those Finals were not competitive...but still they got there). The team that has been unbearable is the Browns. The team left, and I really don't feel they ever came back. Sure, we have a team CALLED the Browns, but it isn't the same for me. This new team is a joke and is just a massive embarrassment to the city. The Cavs and Indians at least feel like legit pro sports teams. It's like the Browns game plan not to win, but to find new and unexpected ways to just royally embarrass themselves and lose in the worst ways possible. I honestly don't think that team will ever turn around.

The thing is that Golden State can easily play better. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"