NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

i like Malik Monk so i'm interested to see how he progresses

A little late as my attention drawn to the Olympics ... but I am glad KD will be in Brooklyn for 5 more years.

Nets will have their big three intact for at least 2 more seasons. The sign of Patty Mills is huge...though I am sad by the leaving of Jeff Green.

Next season with the big signing by Bulls and Heat also...The East will become more interesting!

And I believe Lakers will be stronger as well.

I am excited for 21-22 seasons!!

I think the Lakers picking up Jordan was a good move as he'll provide some much needed depth at center. I think Gasol is gone and this doesn't worry me too much....at all.

Nets look to be very tough. Health is the key for everyone.

i know its a little early and they prob won't do it, but i wish they'd make the all star game back to the 4 12-minute quarters and bring the dunk contest back to when it was good

i know its a little early and they prob won't do it, but i wish they'd make the all star game back to the 4 12-minute quarters and bring the dunk contest back to when it was good

ooooooohh. we have someone who cares about the all star game. :p:cwink:

I'm in favor of a constitutional amendment to ban it and call it an extended President's Day holiday. :woo:

As I suspected, Gasol is gone. They got rid of him to save some money and gave up another 2nd. Very Lakers of them.

ooooooohh. we have someone who cares about the all star game. :p:cwink:

I'm in favor of a constitutional amendment to ban it and call it an extended President's Day holiday. :woo:

i've celebrated NBA all-star weekend for a long time, at the very least since Vince won the dunk contest. i was there live for that from my living room haha

I love the all star game. I have since Jordan and Dominique went toe-to-toe in the dunk contest.

I have seen scuttlebutt about a possible Ben Simmons to the Kings trade. This begs the question: why would anyone see Simmons as an upgrade over D’aaron Fox?

I have seen scuttlebutt about a possible Ben Simmons to the Kings trade. This begs the question: why would anyone see Simmons as an upgrade over D’aaron Fox?
:shrug:

I love the all star game. I have since Jordan and Dominique went toe-to-toe in the dunk contest.

I like the dunk and 3 point contests. The game is kind of a snoozer for me. I've seen more D on playgrounds.

I like the dunk and 3 point contests. The game is kind of a snoozer for me. I've seen more D on playgrounds.
Yeah. The game is what it is. I just see it as a bunch of buddies getting together for a friendly game where no one wants to show the other up. They all just want to show off. From that perspective, I can have a lot of fun with it.

Yeah. The game is what it is. I just see it as a bunch of buddies getting together for a friendly game where no one wants to show the other up. They all just want to show off. From that perspective, I can have a lot of fun with it.

Except when it was Kobe v Michael. LOL.

Except when it was Kobe v Michael. LOL.
I will always remember that one. The day after, my father in law (who notoriously hates any “new young” player) derided “that little punk Cody Bryant.” I tried to tell him that his name was Kobe, but he wouldn’t believe me.

The game a couple of years ago was also pretty hard fought. At least in the fourth quarter.

would that be the trade? i don't really like that

last couple of years the game has been kinda boring. the West dominated for most of the 00's and early '10s so i think they just tried to give it life.

they need an incentive for winning, home court advantage for winning division in the finals? do they do that already? i think they do it in MLB or used to.

i'm not really a fan of Team Player vs Team Player

I’m not a Nets fan, but if I were, I’d be really ticked at Kyrie, but I’d be even more ticked at the organization that keeps him knowing that home crowds won’t see him play.

Besides, Kyrie’s eccentric half-4$$ scholar act has worn thin at this point.

I’m not a Nets fan, but if I were, I’d be really ticked at Kyrie, but I’d be even more ticked at the organization that keeps him knowing that home crowds won’t see him play.

Besides, Kyrie’s eccentric half-4$$ scholar act has worn thin at this point.

Its been worn thin since he left Boston believe me or not lol but im glad the Knicks didn't sign him guy since he won his ring doesn't care anymore imo would love to have KD but they was a packaged deal so LETS GO KNICKS.

76ers have to trade Simmons this week no way they can keep this act going they don't want him he doesn't want them so they are going to have take the short end of the stick its there own fault they should had done it over the summer

76ers have to trade Simmons this week no way they can keep this act going they don't want him he doesn't want them so they are going to have take the short end of the stick its there own fault they should had done it over the summer
I don’t see the allure of Simmons. What is the market for a point guard who is afraid to even take a layup?

Simmons takes some heat but still gets lots of hype as though he is a superstar. But from that draft class, honestly, you have Jamal Murray, who doesn’t get near the press that Simmons gets. Murray is 1000 times the player that Simmons is, and I think the 76ers might’ve already had a championship (I think they beat the Raptors with a Murray-Embid-Butler core) if they’d have taken Murray instead of Simmons.

hindsight is a mother**** lol but at the time Simmons was a can't miss pic the next Lebron etc...
and he has the overall floor general skill set but that annoying thing putting the ball into basket is must for a guy with ball in his hands the min he past up that dunk his overall worth went to crap

Generally speaking, good shooting can be developed. I'm just sort of thinking Simmons isn't the general player. LOL.

Even though I'm a Laker fan, I think it's kinda funny they haven't won a single, solitary game this season (inc pre). I think they'll be okay, but they have a lot of work to do.

Generally speaking, good shooting can be developed. I'm just sort of thinking Simmons isn't the general player. LOL.

Even though I'm a Laker fan, I think it's kinda funny they haven't won a single, solitary game this season (inc pre). I think they'll be okay, but they have a lot of work to do.

look at Giannis he has improved every year hes been in the league and if he gets his jumper to be more consistent good luck guarding that guy all those videos of ben doing it in a controlled enviroment is the crap people are sick of DUDE DO IT WHEN IT COUNTS

Lakers will need to convince Westbrook to lead second unit he can't be on the floor with lebron and AD he just can't shoot and those 2 need shooters on the floor with them

look at Giannis he has improved every year hes been in the league and if he gets his jumper to be more consistent good luck guarding that guy all those videos of ben doing it in a controlled enviroment is the crap people are sick of DUDE DO IT WHEN IT COUNTS

Lakers will need to convince Westbrook to lead second unit he can't be on the floor with lebron and AD he just can't shoot and those 2 need shooters on the floor with them
Playoff Rondo played well with Lebron and AD and he’s basically Westbrook-lite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"