NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

ever since Kyrie left the "king" he has been getting it but I do feel he deserves some heat for how the boston Stint went but in no universe is Harden better than Kyrie. Kyrie has showed up in the playoffs Harden not so much I'm a nyer but die hard Knicks fan so I'm meh on the nets hope they succeed but come playoff time Harden vanishes that is FACTS

What do you mean? He doesn't speak about social problems and all?

He speaks on it and does charity work. He even recently bought a house for the family of George Floyd.

ever since Kyrie left the "king" he has been getting it but I do feel he deserves some heat for how the boston Stint went but in no universe is Harden better than Kyrie. Kyrie has showed up in the playoffs Harden not so much I'm a nyer but die hard Knicks fan so I'm meh on the nets hope they succeed but come playoff time Harden vanishes that is FACTS

Kyrie and Durant will be the clutch guys during the playoffs, they'll just let Harden facilitate and play defense.

This Nets team is a souped up version of the D'Antoni Rockets. If it can't work with 3 all time scoring greats then it never will.

Last edited:
Watched the Lakers/Bucks last night. The Lakers had a terrible last 4 or 5 minutes of the game offensively. Other than one possession where LBJ found KCP in the corner for a 3, their spacing and passing was just god awful. They were lucky to come out with a W. I noticed the same thing against Golden State. They better not make this end of game offense a habit or they'll be in trouble.

100% agreed. And in addition to that, like I said before, we don't know how AD will handle success. And so far, he's been in a slump, at least by his standards.

He was finding guys out of the post so that was cool, but 63% from the line in the last 3 games??? That's concentration bro, simple as that. It's early, but hopefully he refocuses soon...

100% agreed. And in addition to that, like I said before, we don't know how AD will handle success. And so far, he's been in a slump, at least by his standards.

He was finding guys out of the post so that was cool, but 63% from the line in the last 3 games??? That's concentration bro, simple as that. It's early, but hopefully he refocuses soon...
AD looked pretty good last night from what I can tell. I wasn't able to watch the entire game, but that wasn't an 11 point win. Of course when no one on the team is playing 30 minutes, it's a pretty easy night. The Lakers have the look of a team that will lose only when they get lackadaisical or a team just goes off. Focus is going to be the key for them. Right now, they kind of look like they're on cruise control and working out the kinks. Getting a lot of minutes 1-10 will hopefully pay dividends later on. Gasol looks like he may be finished. The JaVale trade looks like it backfired if you ask me. Of course, you aren't going to hit 10 times out of 10.

If Julius Randle keeps playing the way he is, he's gotta be in conversation for most improved player.

If Julius Randle keeps playing the way he is, he's gotta be in conversation for most improved player.

I watched Randle a lot when he was with the Lakers. High energy guy who played hard, but his defense was next to non-existent. I haven't watched him lately because I don't get many Knicks games, but he strikes me as a sort of Kyle Kuzma kind of guy (Kyle seems better so far this year); someone who would make an impact on a poor team and a role player on a good one.

Has his defense improved?

He's a good defender when he wants to be
He certainly has the athletic ability, but I've just never really seen him do it. Of course I didn't really see a lot of Rockets games out in Cali. I would think it would take a way from his energy to hoist up off balance 3s on a regular basis.

No one is ever going to confuse Hardin with Gary Payton. The dude just doesn’t play defense. In fact, he has the most uninspired game around. Take people off the dribble to either draw a fouls or hack up an off balance shot. Then run down and stand around on d. If it weren’t for the fact that he’s a good shooter, he’d be a joke.

No one is ever going to confuse Hardin with Gary Payton. The dude just doesn’t play defense. In fact, he has the most uninspired game around. Take people off the dribble to either draw a fouls or hack up an off balance shot. Then run down and stand around on d. If it weren’t for the fact that he’s a good shooter, he’d be a joke.

Will they confuse him with Michael Cooper? As a friend of mine once said after watching him completely harass a PG bringing the ball upcourt....."Man, that guy is REALLY annoying".

I don't doubt Harden "could" play D. I just haven't seen him do it. Ditto for stepping back on offense and being invested in moving the ball around so people can get good, open looks.

My hot take: Doc Rivers seems to me to be the most likable guy who has made a secondary career out of coaching the most unlikable teams.

My hot take: Doc Rivers seems to me to be the most likable guy who has made a secondary career out of coaching the most unlikable teams.

:funny:

I really like Doc. Really like him. Celts, Clips, and even 76ers, not so much.

Just voted for All Star 2021.

My vote:

I think I could pick a 3rd team that would beat your 2nd team.

Haha...indeed who I picked for the East are kinda weak...I don't know why I skipped on Embiid, Tatum, and Trae Young (or Harden) there, haha.

Haha...indeed who I picked for the East are kinda weak...I don't know why I skipped on Embiid, Tatum, and Trae Young (or Harden) there, haha.
Yeah. Embiid stands out. Backcourt with Beal You could go with Butler and Tatum. Holiday works for sure.

Last edited:
where do you vote? nba.com?

I wasn't that clear in my last post. I think an Embiid (5), Giannis (4), Durant (3), Beal (2), and Westbrook (1) would be a pretty imposing team. So we got 3 of the same players, but I "think" my two are maybe just a shade better :cwink:. Certainly Tatum and Kyrie could be squeezed in there which would leave Giannis as the one we both have. Celts got a good one in Tatum.....but I'd take Durant if the truth be told. Man I love his game.

i picked Lavine, Beal, Tatum, Giannis and Durant for the East.

i wasn't aware they were going back to East vs. West

i picked Lavine, Beal, Tatum, Giannis and Durant for the East.

i wasn't aware they were going back to East vs. West

I would have a hard time not going with Embiid. That's a pretty small team. I mean Durant is tall and loooooooooong, but he's gonna have problems if he has to take on big, inside post up guys. I don't know how you guard that team you picked though.....

I never even thought about the E v W.....good catch. Old habits and ways of thinking die hard I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"