NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

Not a big Wall fan but if fun guy and PG can stay on the floor, this might be an underrated move...

Yeah it all depends on health for the Wall/PG/Kawhi big 3. I think with Wall mostly focusing on facilitating that things can be good for him.

If this Kyrie trade to the Lakers comes through that's a real big 3. Health is a big issue there as well but at full strength they're a real force.

KD possibly going west too. The somewhat parity between the conferences is dying down. Most top 15 players will be west if those trade go through. Only potential top 15 players (YMMV) left east would be Giannis, Tatum, Embiid, Butler, DeRozan, and Harden. Compared to Kawhi, Lebron, Curry, Jokic, Luka, PG, KD, Dame, Kyrie, Ja, Booker, KAT.

Don't believe the warriors would do that at all im enjoying the complete silence of nets fans here in the city lol they going to have talk ball when season begins and ill be there cashing checks

where should KD go now?

I prefer he will be sent to the Heat rather than Suns...

Kyrie, I think he will leave for Lakers now...

That leaves Ben Simmons...what will he do now that the other two stars are already on their way out?

What a mess show in Brooklyn right now
I cannot understand why their owner and GM refused to give Kyrie a larger contract...which led to KD now wanting out as well...
They really dig their own graves! Crazy!

They taking back the franchise from these posers they were being held ransom by KD abs Kyrie and for what ?
One playoff win , its commendable how they finally had enough of the clown show

Won't stop me from crapping on the stans.

update on the City's mood following the KD trade request
Yeah F em let him walk thin man has no heart

lololololololololol

Really?
Kyrie is a great talent but he's also a headcase and unreliable. This is not me getting personal about him. Just talking about Basketball related things

Just look at his career post leaving the Cavs
  • Boston 2017-2018: In late March got a season ending injury
  • Boston 2018-2019: Nothing to report. Just rumors of being a locker room cancer
  • Brooklyn 2019-2020: Another season ending injury in late February
  • Brooklyn 2020-2021: He ups and leaves for 7 games. Vague reasoning why. Could be a much needed mental health break. Which is understandable. But he didn't seem to give him team much warning. They all looked like deers in headlights trying to answer where he was. And after all that, gets injured again in the playoffs
  • Brooklyn 2021-2022: Didn't get vaxxed, leaving his team out to dry, and only played 20 something games this season. Rumors are that his behavior caused a superstar, Harden, to leave. And I know Harden has his own baggage but still.
And this are the facts we know. This is without going deep into the locker room cancer, the media narratives, his questionable quotes, etc.

The fact is that the dude is pretty injury prone and just unreliable for personal reasons. And this is not me trying to say "suck it up" but how can you give a big contract to a dude who you're not sure he'll play due to injuries or do to him just not playing.

Brooklyn only made it past the first round once in this tenure. 3 of those series losses were sweeps. And that's not Kyrie's fault but that speaks to his worth of a long term contract. He's not him. He's not the guy. He's not a leader from the outside looking in.
Obviously he's a generational talent and has a ring. But he's not MVP (Finals or regular season), he's not first team or first team defense, he can't lead a team on his own (from what we've seen). His antics are not really worth it.

Say what you will about Kawhi and he's not reliable as well. But you've seen what he can do as the top dog on a team. He's elite on both ends. Even before Toronto. When he can't play? It's due to injury or load management. When the season starts, Fun Guy is all in. You can't say the same for Kyrie. And if someone isn't all in as well as being pretty injury prone, it makes perfect sense that it's justified in not giving him a long contract. Even if that means losing KD
As a Laker fan, I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I really don’t want Kyrie. I’ll take Russ 8 days a week over Kyrie.
The most important ability for a player is availability. And Kyrie is more unavailable than not. And not for the same reasons as AD.

Kyrie was also incredibly disrespectful toward Steve Nash. I cannot imagine how he would treat Hamm.

Yeah. If he had taken his conditioning as seriously as Kobe, no telling where he could have gone. The guy was an absolute physical freak. That word gets tossed around, but with Shaq it was entirely appropriate.
In 46 years of watching basketball, I have never seen a more dominant player than Shaq.

Word down here is that the nets want LeBron, Anthony Davis, and multiple first round picks for Kevin Durant. I’m not seeing that.

Draymond said that if the Celtics win the chip this year, it will be because of the Brogdon trade. As a guy who went to VA, i really do pull for him to do well.

The more realistic trade that’s being bounced around is Russ for Kyrie With some bells and whistles

The more realistic trade that’s being bounced around is Russ for Kyrie With some bells and whistles
I still wouldn’t want Kyrie. The dude doesn’t seem right in the noggin. Say what you will about Russ, but he is always present and always playing. I think that a lot of last year does fall on coaching. Vogel’s systems don’t tend to play to a good point guard. His system is good at hiding and/or accounting for sub par point guards. Schroeder came in and looked abysmal in his system, Russ never really got into it either. Rondo had a few stretches of coming off the bench in the playoffs, but by and large he didn’t look good in that system night in or night out.

I’m generally excited to see what Ham will do with Russ. And I think it would be bad to trade off him for Kyrie, especially if it means giving up future draft picks.

i was listening to the Magic/Sacramento Summer League game that was on tv while i was painting and it ended up being a really good game. Sac was down 14 and went on a great run, tying it at the end to send it into OT. It went into a second OT where Orlando won by sudden death but considering how poor both squads have been of late, seeing the potential of these young guys might give those franchises a little hope.

teenage CC is secretly pulling for SAC to quit being the joke of the league after all these years

Tyron Lue got my respect for the coaching hes done with all the injuries I think Wall being 3rd or 4th option will be great for him

And the Warriors drafted Todd Fuller in front of him. Sometimes history is kind to you and sometimes it isn’t.
Ha, must be painful looking back on that one!

I like the possibility of KD joining Boston.
If that happens...it will be the 2nd time KD joins the team that beat him a year prior. Haha.

And...do you approve if Donovan Mitchell go to the Knicks? @P Supreme

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"