NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

I haven’t watched Harden with the Nets, but his playing style was the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard with the Rockets. I’ve never seen such a selfish player since...KD was on the Thunder.

Lakers are really missing AD. They should take a long hard look at Boogie.

WRT the Lakers, I saw this coming. They aren't just missing AD, they are missing Shroeder. I don't think they're overly concerned about it. I know I'm not. The thing that should be of most concern is LBJ's minutes. Keep them down and don't worry about missing a few games over the next 2-3 weeks.

Won't lie, I'm slightly concerned because defensively we're not as good as last year. Gasol's corpse and Trez being undersized isn't making up for McGee and Howard in the slightest.

I'm also concerned that no matter how long they hold out AD, it's only a matter of time before his Achilles goes. Once they start having that "calf" pain like Kobe or KD, it's usually around the corner.

In connection with that, and to your point, all this serves to put more minutes on LeBron and there's no telling when his body might wake up and realize the mileage it has. With zero to minimum fans, home court isn't a huge problem, but ANY serious injury to either AD or Bron and this season is a wrap. I can't imagine they'll both get through unscathed though unfortunately...

Won't lie, I'm slightly concerned because defensively we're not as good as last year. Gasol's corpse and Trez being undersized isn't making up for McGee and Howard in the slightest.

I'm also concerned that no matter how long they hold out AD, it's only a matter of time before his Achilles goes. Once they start having that "calf" pain like Kobe or KD, it's usually around the corner.

In connection with that, and to your point, all this serves to put more minutes on LeBron and there's no telling when his body might wake up and realize the mileage it has. With zero to minimum fans, home court isn't a huge problem, but ANY serious injury to either AD or Bron and this season is a wrap. I can't imagine they'll both get through unscathed though unfortunately...

Don't disagree and the 5 spot was a big concern to me from day 1. I hated the Gasol McGee "trade". It was the one bad off season move and I saw it coming from a mile away. Now they're going to have to find a way to cover that mistake.

So, I've been thinking about my concern with LBJ logging too many minutes and, after thinking about it, my concern is slightly allayed by the fact that back to backs have virtually been eliminated. Also, getting Schroeder back looked to be big last night against Portland. That was a very, very good trade IMO. I wasn't sure about what we would get in Schroeder, but I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing.

Does anyone know anything about the big the Lakers signed to a 10 day?

pathetic foul call, defender can't do anything. Crafty my ass

pathetic foul call, defender can't do anything. Crafty my ass

Flagrant 2 on the defender. The league is looking into further action. LOL.

why not both?

I don't have a problem with the players doing whatever they can to win and draw the line when they do something that endangers another players. Flopping? Delay of game foul.

While ridiculous, THAT move is on the refs IMO. Make the right call and call it a charge when a player jumps forward and that stuff will stop pronto.

a lot of players are starting to do it more often. i almost wanna call it the Reggie rule

a lot of players are starting to do it more often. i almost wanna call it the Reggie rule
:funny:

Call em for an offensive foul if they are planted/not going towards the hoop and jump forward. The referees are really the ones to blame here IMO. If the players can get away with it, they will because others are doing it. I can't really blame them other than just giving them a foul.

nba all star weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year and i'm super bummed there is no Rising Stars Challenge, no all star saturday night and everything is compressed into one evening on sunday

I’m surprised they’re even bothering with an All-Star game this year.

Her highness the mayor of Atlanta and the league aren’t letting any fans in, and there are no side events to attend either.

:funny:

Call em for an offensive foul if they are planted/not going towards the hoop and jump forward. The referees are really the ones to blame here IMO. If the players can get away with it, they will because others are doing it. I can't really blame them other than just giving them a foul.
Really this has been around forever. I remember being coached to initiate contact to draw the foul in the act of shooting way back in high school in 1992. It’s not anything new. These days the guys just aren’t as good of actors.

Best selling jersey in Japan:

1. Watanabe Yuta (Toronto Raptors)
2. Stephen Curry (GS Warriors)
3. Russell Westbrook (Washington Wizards)
4. Hachimura Rui (Washington Wizards)
5. LEbron James (Lakers)

Rui-kun thoughts on the 3.11 Tohoku earthquake (which is now 10 years memorial by yesterday)

渡邊雄太がNBA初先発やウルブズ戦での被ダンクについて語る 「あのダンクをブロックに行かないという選択肢は絶対にありえない」

Just read the interview of Watanabe Yuta as he is just became the 2nd Japanese born player to start in NBA game.

What I really liked about this interview is especially how he handle himself very well emotionally and mentally after he is humiliated by getting dunk on by Minnesota's Anthony Edwards.

He admitted that if getting dunked on hard like that is that the player will be made (in wrong way) famous. But he said that there is no chance he is letting Edwards get a easy 2 point and not chasing block in that situation and if he face the same situation again, he is still running for block.

I am glad he is handling it well and I become more admire of his passion, because most players is avoiding to block when the opposite player run for dunk (they dont want to be humiliated).

I really felt bad for Yuta after that dunk. You could see it in his eyes when he got up that his career might be defined by being on the delivering end of that dunk.

I really felt bad for Yuta after that dunk. You could see it in his eyes when he got up that his career might be defined by being on the delivering end of that dunk.

Yeah, not to mention the media seems to belittle him after that (i saw what Minnesota official twitter posted). After that game, Yuta is absent for 3-4 straight games, I am afraid that he is being cut off, but thankfully its not and he is still playing and on the roster now.

Happy Birthday to Steph Curry.
Wish the best for Warriors this season.
And we wait for your visit to Japan again! Hopefully I can meet and greet him on the Olympics!

Last edited:
Steph's birthday is getting a trending topic in my country's twitter feed now. Hehe.

Steph is really the most famous NBA player now in Japan. His jersey sales is the highest selling for US born player here. (2nd overall behind Yuta)

Lemon Pepper Lou in Atlanta! Poppin bottles and wings at Magic City like it ain't nothing!:woo:

I need Oladipo to resemble that 1-2 year period when he was fairly high level instead of what's he's resembled as of yet. The Heat need the boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"