NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

Eventhough the relationship was consensual but doing it as a married man is kinda messed up.

Its a shame since under Ime's guidance, Celtics has showed growth and promise as a contender for many years to come. Hopefully this wont affect them coming into new season.

This is a remainder that one bad impulse can destroy you, your career, and your life.

And it reminds me of 4 Japanese basketball national players in Asian Games 2018, whose got themselves hanging out and went to the hotel with hookers in foreign country, right after they play and won a game. Their career were pretty much dead right after that.

Oh well...

Last edited:
On other news...

NBA Japan Games will finally take place next week as the first official Pre-Season game.

Welcome to Japan, for Golden State Warriors and Washington Wizards :)
The tickets for meet and greet Steph Curry has already sold out! (Unfortunately I wont be able to make it to Saitama to watch it live next week..hopefully next season I will be ready)

"Consensual" between a boss or someone in power is always a dicey situation. It's not just about infidelity. They can both be single. People need to understand this.
Why do you think so many schools have rules against teachers hooking up with students even if the student is of legal age? Why so many companies have rules against this and people have been fired over it.

In any case:
Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.
And there it is Celtics suspend coach Udoka for 2022-23 season

Probably didn't outright fire him because they're still investigating, but i'd be shocked if he coaches in Boston again

To steal a quote I saw on Reddit: "literally all the subordinate has to say is they felt coerced and pressured into the situation and they will have a legal ground for that claim. can of worms that no company ever wants to deal with."

Last edited:
Even at 51 years old, Nia Long would be enough to quell my desires. But I digress...

My only problem with this as @Ninjablade alluded to is the fact he's not allowed to work. If he's not coaching there again, and it seems unlikely, then fire him and let the man get another job.
I think an investigation might still be going on so they just suspended him. Or they could be ironing out the details of a termination and just suspended in the interim. Also wouldn't be surprised if they will fire him at the end of the suspension.

I also think coaches have non compete clauses. You can't get fired and rehired in the same season. But this is the off season still so who knows.

In any case, sexual harassment is in play now, so it's all moot

Last edited:
Lol...Paul Pierce said that Ime should just be fined, not neccesary to suspend him.

Simmons claims Silver orchestrated LeBron James and Chris Paul calling out the disgraced Suns owner, as well as the withdrawal of sponsors, and other owners convincing Sarver to sell.

But the most interesting part of what Simmons claimed to be Silver’s masterplan was the nuclear option he had up his sleeve if all else failed: Michael Jordan.

What I heard was there was one last piece, a card that the league was going to play, where MJ was going to come out and implore Sarver to sell,” Simmons said on his podcast today. “And that would have been a deathblow for him and hugely embarrassing for a bunch of different reasons. That never happened, but it was going to happen.
Michael Jordan Was Reportedly NBA’s Nuclear Option in Fight Against Robert Sarver

Read like Succession and for that reason I choose to believe it :ninja:

I think an investigation might still be going on so they just suspended him. Or they could be ironing out the details of a termination and just suspended in the interim. Also wouldn't be surprised if they will fire him at the end of the suspension.

I also think coaches have non compete clauses. You can't get fired and rehired in the same season. But this is the off season still so who knows.

Yeah, the Owner's comments today pretty much reflect that. The suspension right now is just a negotiation tactic as they try to sort out all the business/legal ramifications of the situation. I get it. Maybe doesn't send the strongest of messages considering what's at play, but I'll take this over just letting all this fly.

Shams' report just feels like the tip of an iceburg. I fully expect a lot more information to come out about the situation, and I don't expect it to be good. Whole thing really sucks.

Yeah.....more info has surfaced. He's toast.

So,
Which broadcasting team do you like the most between ESPN (Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, and Mark Jackson) and TNT (Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller)?

I like ESPN better.
Mike Breen's call especially can make every games interesting and who is ever gonna forget his "Bang" yell?
And the dynamic between JVG and Mark Jackson is so fun and hilarious some times. Haha.

i like both, but I also like Brent Barry. He doesn't do it enough.
however, no one can top the TNT crew of Ernie, Shaq, Jet and Chuck. i'd watch them commentate anything!

i like both, but I also like Brent Barry. He doesn't do it enough.
however, no one can top the TNT crew of Ernie, Shaq, Jet and Chuck. i'd watch them commentate anything!
Yeah. They all have really good chemistry.

Lol...Paul Pierce said that Ime should just be fined, not neccesary to suspend him.
I don’t think that I would ever hire Paul Pierce as an HR director or as an employment lawyer

I don’t think that I would ever hire Paul Pierce as an HR director or as an employment lawyer
Paul Pierce, like a lot of superior athletes who have been told for their entire lives that they can do no wrong, is kind of an idiot. I can think of a few other jobs I wouldn't hire him for; like maybe a Director of Public Relations or as a therapist. :funny:

are we ready for 2022-23 thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"