NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

No matter what happens to the Knicks this season it's nice to watch games that actually mean a little something. They've been fun this year.

kids are playing hard for Tibbs i was against his hiring but that's why i don't work for NBA lol
that's all i wanted is for my team to be respectable and not a W on a calender for the top teams

Lakers sign Drummond.....for nothing but a roster spot. I mean, I've been a Laker fan my whole life so I'm not complaining, but how does that happen? I mean I know "how" it happens, but HOW does it happen? LOL. Word is Avery Bradley might sign also.....

I haven't watched a Laker game for weeks. I dunno, hoops is really star driven and I have a hard time caring when Bron and AD are both out. I watched parts of a game or two when they got Drummond, but I don't really care where the Lakers end up in the standings. If they're healthy and an 8 seed, I don't think it matters that much.

Do others tend to not pay attention when their top players are out? Not that many teams lose an LBJ and AD simultaneously.....

I haven't watched a Laker game for weeks. I dunno, hoops is really star driven and I have a hard time caring when Bron and AD are both out. I watched parts of a game or two when they got Drummond, but I don't really care where the Lakers end up in the standings. If they're healthy and an 8 seed, I don't think it matters that much.

Do others tend to not pay attention when their top players are out? Not that many teams lose an LBJ and AD simultaneously.....
I definitely watch for stars only. I grew up a Laker fan with Magic, Kareem and Worthy. But I didn’t watch during the pre-Kobe years and I didn’t watch after Shaq. In truth I couldn’t bring myself to cheer for them when Pau was there. Not after his Asian-mocking photo at the olympics.

But I’ve been thrilled to watch the Lakers with Lebron and AD.

I am the same way with football. I will watch anything but I will go out of my way to watch Brady, Brees, Deion Sanders, Barry Sanders, or Michael Vick. Those guys and Bo Jackson were all must see tv.

I definitely watch for stars only. I grew up a Laker fan with Magic, Kareem and Worthy. But I didn’t watch during the pre-Kobe years and I didn’t watch after Shaq. In truth I couldn’t bring myself to cheer for them when Pau was there. Not after his Asian-mocking photo at the olympics.

But I’ve been thrilled to watch the Lakers with Lebron and AD.

I am the same way with football. I will watch anything but I will go out of my way to watch Brady, Brees, Deion Sanders, Barry Sanders, or Michael Vick. Those guys and Bo Jackson were all must see tv.

Football, for me, is "slightly" different. I was a big Raider fan when they returned to Oakland and had season tickets for 11 years or so. I lived in Santa Cruz and one of my college buddies was living in the city. On football weekends, I'd take off early (around 1PM), cruise up the coast in my Honda del Sol (targa top off of course :D ) to Half Moon Bay and take the 92 over to SF. I had a key to his crib (still do) and the deal was that I'd buy all the booze (before he got into high end Japanese whiskey :funny: ) for the weekend. I'd hang out at his house until he got home (his catch phrase when he opened the door was "Is anybody here? I've got my gun.). We'd go out, have dinner, watch college football on Saturday, argue about any and everything, and take BART to the game on Sunday. Good times. Anyway, Raider football was an event and, given how much I paid for 35 yard line, lower level seats, I wasn't going to miss anything. Too bad that was post Bo. One of my favorite, lasting images was Brian Bosworth trying to tackle him at the goal line. LOL. That and ripping off those 90 yard runs where everyone else chasing him looked like they were trying to catch a Ferrari.

Wait....this is the NBA thread.....sorry.

I'll be ready for NBA playoff hoops. Looks like AD is almost ready and LBJ is maybe a couple weeks out. I think it's great that the Lakers are taking it slow. The fact that they're even competitive without them spells trouble for a lot of teams. Plus, I think it's really helped the other guys on the squad having the opportunity to put some meaningful time in. It may very well help when the playoffs roll around. I'm amazed at how much depth they've been able to put together this year.

One of my favorite, lasting images was Brian Bosworth trying to tackle him at the goal line. LOL. That and ripping off those 90 yard runs where everyone else chasing him looked like they were trying to catch a Ferrari.
That play was such a classic and I remember watching it with my dad. We always watched MNF together when I was in high school. After that play, my dad looked at me and said “that guy is special.”

I also remember watching the game where he injured his hip against the Bengals. I live in KY so I was forced to watch a lot of Bengal games, unfortunately. That injury didn’t seem that severe, which is a testament to just how tough Bo was.

I'll be ready for NBA playoff hoops. Looks like AD is almost ready and LBJ is maybe a couple weeks out. I think it's great that the Lakers are taking it slow. The fact that they're even competitive without them spells trouble for a lot of teams. Plus, I think it's really helped the other guys on the squad having the opportunity to put some meaningful time in. It may very well help when the playoffs roll around. I'm amazed at how much depth they've been able to put together this year.
I agree. The fact that they have kept it somewhat together even with those two out is also a testament to Vogel, whom I previously didn’t have a ton of confidence in, but I do now.

I'm very interested in seeing how Drummond and AD play together with Lebron out. Having active guys that size could cause some real problems for a lot of teams. Right now, I just want to see AD run a little bit, jump, and move around. If he looks smooth, I'm happy.

Calling it now, but I don't think AD is making it through the rest of the season without rupturing his Achilles. Hope I'm wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about it...

this is too funny memo to the league your not in Steph's Range

this is too funny memo to the league your not in Steph's Range

At least he ran 4 or 5 seconds off the clock before he shot. :funny: I mean would it have even been possible to leave more time on the clock and take that shot? Maybe if he ran a flat out sprint and just chucked it up there. :facepalm:

At least he ran 4 or 5 seconds off the clock before he shot. :funny: I mean would it have even been possible to leave more time on the clock and take that shot? Maybe if he ran a flat out sprint and just chucked it up there. :facepalm:

what's hilarious is the home town announce team reaction like they couldn't put no spin on that horrific shot

what's hilarious is the home town announce team reaction like they couldn't put no spin on that horrific shot

I mean, what could you say? "Man, that would have helped if had made the shot and not air balled it."

I mean, what could you say? "Man, that would have helped if had made the shot and not air balled it."

LOL Miami couldn't even set up there defense to put a hand up it was so rushed lol or Jimmy Butler said F it I'm not even going to bother that clip is glorious

I know that it’s cool to hate on the guy these days, but Russ is just a remarkable player. It’s a shame that we are witnessing history and too busy tearing him down to celebrate it.

Been saying it for years in here. He, and Rondo, are two of the most underrated PGs in league history IMO. Rondo is just now starting to get a little respect, but Russ is who he is.

Defensively, he's on another level in comparison to the likes of Steph or Kyrie (although Kyrie is underrated a bit here too) assist-wise he's about to lead the league again, which is 3 out of the past 4 years. And I still can't understand how you telepathically know just the right amount of times to pass to "stat-stuff" assists. Same thing when they said his bigs in OKC were gifting rebounds but somehow everybody on the front line averaged career highs in rebounds individually. It's insane...

It's official. 19 seasons in New Orleans. No championships. No Finals' appearances. 2 Playoff series wins.
I still don't know why I do this to myself. :rolleyes:

Play Off is near!

From East, I root and pick Nets
From West, though I root for Golden State, but I think it is unlikely they will go the Finals, so I pick Phoenix or Clippers.

And to win NBA Champion, I root and fully support for Nets!
With KD win his 3rd MVP Finals.

This whole Knick regular season has been one pleasantly surprising win after another.

Man, there is a LOT going on today in the Western Conference. Literally anything can happen. Great way to end the season. It's an especially big day for the Lakers and Blazers. The Lakers are playing a team that is just looking to play spoiler, but the Blazers are playing the team (Nuggets) locked in a battle with the Clippers for the 3 and 4 seeds so they have a lot of motivation to win. If the Blazers can't beat the Nuggets, they are likely to be a 7 seed and be in the play-in tournament; which BTW, I think is a stupid idea.

So the Lakers again Golden State in the play-in. What's the over under on how many 3s Steph takes? 25? LOL.

This play-in **** is just weird. Originally, I thought it was 7 v 10/8 v 9; win and go about your business. Now I see it's 7 v 8 to get the 7 spot, 9 v 10 in a Loser Leave Town match, then 7/8 loser v 9/10.

**** all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"