NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

This play-in **** is just weird. Originally, I thought it was 7 v 10/8 v 9; win and go about your business. Now I see it's 7 v 8 to get the 7 spot, 9 v 10 in a Loser Leave Town match, then 7/8 loser v 9/10.

**** all of this.
A-Fing-MEN

I actually like this new concept.
It will create a high stake drama before play off.

To be honest, I never thought Lakers as the champions the season before to make the play in .
Imagine if they are eliminated?
(Though I prefer they make playoff, but I will support Steph and Warriors)

Oh, I just saw the dunk by KD yesterday.
It makes top best play on the last day of regular season.

What a beautiful play by the Nets!!

Hope they win it this season!

I actually like this new concept.
It will create a high stake drama before play off.

To be honest, I never thought Lakers as the champions the season before to make the play in .
Imagine if they are eliminated?
(Though I prefer they make playoff, but I will support Steph and Warriors)
While the season was shortened due to COVID, the playoffs were complete and the Lakers went through the same playoff run every other champion went through and were "clearly" the best team in the league. So, yeah, I don't put an asterisk next to their win last year. This year? If LBJ and AD don't go down with injuries, we aren't talking about a 7 seed (or 6 or 5 or 4), but, hey, injuries are part of the game. The east, for the first time in awhile, looks pretty good and I could see Philly, the Nets, or the Bucks making it to the big dance.

In the west? No one really scares me if I'm a coach. IF the Lakers can get their act together, I think they're the best, but injuries played a big role this year. I think my dark horse would be the Warriors, but I don't especially like their inside game. Steph can, however, overcome that. I see a lot of good teams in the west, but nothing to write home about. One thing is for sure. If the Lakers and Warrior take the last 2 spots, the 1 and 2 seeds aren't getting a lot of sleep.

Lakers/Warriors and Wizards/Celtics is a very good example of why Westbrook isn't considered legit. LeBron and Steph. Westbrook cannot compare.

For seven of the last eight minutes of the Lakers Warriors game, I knew the Warriors were going to win. Nobody sitting one or two is comfortable. It’s not particularly likely but I could see the seven and eight playing for the Western Conference title

Lakers/Warriors and Wizards/Celtics is a very good example of why Westbrook isn't considered legit. LeBron and Steph. Westbrook cannot compare.

Well he just had 18-15-8 and led a bad team to the playoffs. Again.

He's not a great shooter, obviously. But defensively, rebounding and yes, passing-wise, he's proven to be better than Steph.

He'll lose again in the first round, and I guess that should be another stain on him, but that team isn't good. If anything it should speak to his leadership that he turned their season around to get to this point...

Well he just had 18-15-8 and led a bad team to the playoffs. Again.

He's not a great shooter, obviously. But defensively, rebounding and yes, passing-wise, he's proven to be better than Steph.

He'll lose again in the first round, and I guess that should be another stain on him, but that team isn't good. If anything it should speak to his leadership that he turned their season around to get to this point...
He doesn't effect the game in the way great players do, especially in the playoffs. You can talk about his stats, but once things get real, he can't compete. He is nowhere near the player guys like Steph and LeBron are. He isn't close to even an AD. That is why he is on a bad team in the first place. It's not like teams didn't try with him. They did, multiple times. Great players did not want to play with him enough to stick with him. In this era, he can't compete which is why he is on the Wizards.

He doesn't effect the game in the way great players do, especially in the playoffs. You can talk about his stats, but once things get real, he can't compete. He is nowhere near the player guys like Steph and LeBron are. He isn't close to even an AD. That is why he is on a bad team in the first place. It's not like teams didn't try with him. They did, multiple times. Great players did not want to play with him enough to stick with him. In this era, he can't compete which is why he is on the Wizards.

He's nowhere near LeBron or AD's size or he'd have multiple titles! And great players aren't hidden on defense like Steph routinely is. He's an all time great shooter, he changed the game, but he doesn't affect it the multiple ways Westbrook does.

He's a liability on defense, that's never been a trait of anyone considered the best in the game until Steph. I just saw Russ play Giannis straight up a little while ago and win the matchup, I've seen him take Harden one on one and lock him up at halfcourt. Would you ever consider giving Steph those assignments?? Of course not...

Durant, Paul George and now Bradley Beal have all had some of their best seasons with Russ, that's not opinion that's factual. OKC won 79% of their games when he got a triple double so no, it's not just empty stats from a team standpoint or where his teammates are concerned. He's not your cup of tea, but he's unquestionably an all time great, rings or not...

While I don't think Russ affects the outcomes of games in the same way that Steph or LBJ does, it's not really a slam to say that. When I watched the Laker game, it was a test of wills as to who was going to win and it was basically Steph and Bron going at it at the end. Same with Butler and Bron in the second to last game of the finals last year (Butler won that one). Those guys are just game changers and gut it out.

It reminds me of years ago, I was watching Marino in the 4th quarter down by about 4 points. He had the ball pretty deep in his own territory with about 4 minutes left and was just putting the ball in a keyhole. As I watched him, it was clear there was no way Miami was going to lose that game. Those guys are hard to come by.

Well again, Steph offensively affects the game as a shooter, but he's a liability on the other end. That also affects a game, just negatively.

Ja had his way with him tonight. Anytime they got the switch in the pick and roll, he got whatever he wanted. I'm sorry but that's a huge issue against anybody with a talented PG. And since it's 2021, pretty much everybody has one of those...

Well again, Steph offensively affects the game as a shooter, but he's a liability on the other end. That also affects a game, just negatively.

Ja had his way with him tonight. Anytime they got the switch in the pick and roll, he got whatever he wanted. I'm sorry but that's a huge issue against anybody with a talented PG. And since it's 2021, pretty much everybody has one of those...

I guess after last night, I don't have a lot in response. I'm surprised the Warriors lost, but anything can happen in one game. This, in particular, spells out why I "don't" like the play-in. You spend the entire year playing and at the end, a team you beat by 3 or 4 or 5 games gets a shot at knocking you out in a one game playoff. BTW, not real fond of the new MLB playoff one game play-in either.

I don't know if it's common practice for someone to be suspended after reviewing something similar to this happening (I suspect not), but, as much of a Laker fan that I am, I think it was irresponsible to not get vaccinated while he was out as it negatively affects the team and sets a really bad example. He does S*** that pisses me off sometimes.

The thing with Westbrook is his situational awareness its horrendous his shot selection in crucial moments is brutal thats the reason KD left

Finally getting a chance to see Devin Booker in playoffs was worth the wait the kid is nice

The thing with Westbrook is his situational awareness its horrendous his shot selection in crucial moments is brutal thats the reason KD left

Now part of this I can agree with, because it's not just "Westbrook sucks!" but a very specific critique that's legit. He has to be better in situational spots where a slower speed/thought process would prove beneficial.

I disagree about KD though. Even if that's true about Russ, why leave GS? KD is just thin skinned, and still not a leader IMO. Everything he does on social media shows how weak he is...

Now part of this I can agree with, because it's not just "Westbrook sucks!" but a very specific critique that's legit. He has to be better in situational spots where a slower speed/thought process would prove beneficial.

I disagree about KD though. Even if that's true about Russ, why leave GS? KD is just thin skinned, and still not a leader IMO. Everything he does on social media shows how weak he is...

i was referencing why KD left Westbrook he exposed himself to be a herb and join a 73 win team and when he wasn't getting the Curry love he left [how absurd of him to even think he was on equal footing with curry on that team]

Look man...Luka is no joke. This ain't about the Clippers choking or nothing, PG and Kawhi played well. But unless they stop switching everything on picks, Luka's gonna eat them up. Hell, even if they stop switching, he still might do them bad.

For whatever reason, I think it's understated how good Luka is for a 22 year old! I don't care where he played at previously, this is the NBA now, and I just saw him give KD the blues a couple weeks ago.

He plays at his own speed, he's deceptively strong going to the hole, obviously a great passer, and he's a better shooter than his stats too. Almost every jumper he takes is a step-back or contested, with better shot selection I'm sure his numbers would climb. But he and Jokic are the best European players I've ever seen. Ever.

Finally getting a chance to see Devin Booker in playoffs was worth the wait the kid is nice

Yeah. Booker has looked really good. He was given some really cheap fouls last night towards the end of the game. The refs seem to have a hard time laying off the whistle when the offensive player invades the defenders space. Maybe he's been hanging with Harden or something.....

Phoenix better damn well win game 3 if they want to stay in this. Funny thing about playoffs is that a single game completely changes your perspective.

Look man...Luka is no joke. This ain't about the Clippers choking or nothing, PG and Kawhi played well. But unless they stop switching everything on picks, Luka's gonna eat them up. Hell, even if they stop switching, he still might do them bad.

For whatever reason, I think it's understated how good Luka is for a 22 year old! I don't care where he played at previously, this is the NBA now, and I just saw him give KD the blues a couple weeks ago.

He plays at his own speed, he's deceptively strong going to the hole, obviously a great passer, and he's a better shooter than his stats too. Almost every jumper he takes is a step-back or contested, with better shot selection I'm sure his numbers would climb. But he and Jokic are the best European players I've ever seen. Ever.

I think I'd put Dirk up there too.

It's hard to believe Luka is as good as he is at this age. Micki ficki can barely order a Jack & Coke and is out here destroying **** like this.

If the Clippers go out in the 1st round, I wonder what they look like next year......I think Leonard can opt out. This could be a big mess for a team that owns LA.

If the Clippers go out in the 1st round, I wonder what they look like next year......I think Leonard can opt out. This could be a big mess for a team that owns LA.
already rumors surfacing if they one and done in these playoffs he will jump ship to another team. Becareful what u wished for they wanted Luka and he's giving it to them in spades

Rondo needed to be out there in crunch time playoff Rondo is real they don't have Doc to throw under the bus this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"