• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

2024 NBA Finals Prediction
The Celtics win the NBA Title in 6 games

The Mavericks are a team that can realistically score over 100 points a game, Irvin is a reliable player who can make threes and he can score over 20 points a game, also Doncic averaging over 30 points a game. Now while the Celtics are a great team I don't see them able to contain Irvin, Doncic, and other reliable players for a Mavericks team that is playing great. Plus Dallas with the thundering crowd is going to be a challenging flaw for the Celtics.
Both are reasons why even though the Celtics can still realistically win the NBA Finals in 6 games. Although, it won't be a boring NBA Finals. The Mavericks are a stacked team that can toe to toe with the Celtics by keeping the games close in most games.
The Celtics are a stacked team similar to a great Chess Player which is why I think the Celtics make more critical baskets, and make less mistakes in a competitive NBA Finals.
Unfortunately, I agree with you on Celts in 6. God I despise that team. :funny:

The Mavs HAVE to get off to a fast start in the first 2 games to have any chance at all. Celts just have more guns.

Thats one for Boston...

The presence of Porzingis is really huge for them...seriously, its good for Boston to have him back at the right time...hopefully they can manage and maximize his minutes well, if they can do that and if he can keep playing like this again 2 or 3 times more, ...then like I predicted, Celtics will win in 6

Last edited:
Thats two for the Celtics.

Despite Dallas playing much better in Game 2, Luka did all he could to carry the team (had 23 points in the 1st half), Boston didn't played well and shot horribly from the 3s, Tatum had a horrendous game, and yet...they still lose!

I seriously think that Boston might be just a bad matchup for Dallas...like Dallas were a bad matchup for the Wolves and the Wolves were a bad matchup for the Nuggets.

While the Mavericks showed great improvement in game 2 by keeping the game close.
A great performance was fruitless because the Celtics continued to find ways to score critical baskets. Also, it's unsurprising that the Celtics won because they made 19 of 20 baskets which is 97 percent aka great while the Mavericks were 67 percent which was pretty good. When a team has a nearly perfect percentage for free throws then that team is most likely to win in a competitive game.

While I'm still feeling optimistic that the Mavericks can succeed in keeping the games close. Although, it's a challenging task now to get it to 6 games since the Mavericks trail 2-0.

Game 2 for the Mavericks was mostly them being Charlie Brown because while they kept it close, they weren't able to make critical baskets to win a challenging competitive game, also the Celtics making threes continued to be a glaring flaw.

I expect the Mavs win one of the next 2 games in Dallas, with the Celtics will have a chance to close it out in Game 5 back in Boston.

Just hope Porzingis is okay and will be able to play tomorrow.

Coach Hurley rejected an impressive contract by the Los Angeles Lakers because he's very successful in College Basketball.

He has a great opportunity with the Connecticut Huskies to win a third consecutive basketball Championship which is an impressive high bar accomplishment. That's why his rejecting the offer isn't a huge surprise.

I'm working tonight at Texas Roadhouse during the NBA Finals Celtics Mavericks game 3.
Mavericks fans are hoping the Mavericks find a way to close vs the Celtics instead of another fruitless great performance because of not winning a competitive game again.

Of course Hurley turned down the Lakers. He also turned down UK, so he had to spurn all of my basketball teams that I cheer for.

Maybe he can turn down the DuPont Manual High School Crimson’s basketball team while we are at it. He could get the hat trick of personally screwing me over.

As for the finals matchup. In my mind, I’m pretending that there is no finals going on.

Coach Hurley rejected an impressive contract by the Los Angeles Lakers because he's very successful in College Basketball.

He has a great opportunity with the Connecticut Huskies to win a third consecutive basketball Championship which is an impressive high bar accomplishment. That's why his rejecting the offer isn't a huge surprise.

I'm working tonight at Texas Roadhouse during the NBA Finals Celtics Mavericks game 3.
Mavericks fans are hoping the Mavericks find a way to close vs the Celtics instead of another fruitless great performance because of not winning a competitive game again.
You really should have your own YouTube sports analyst show.

One win away. Hope it's Friday, but a win back here in Boston on the 16th anniversary of their last win would be kind of cool/special.

Thats 3-0 for Boston!

Yeah i kinda wish they let it loose for Game 4 and win the title in front of their home crowd in Game 5, but if they can finish it on game 4, then finish it!! (Its too risky to give Dallas any momentum)

Last edited:
And...Jaylen Brown definitely should be the Finals MVP.
Unbelievable play by him offensively and defensively

Alcohol and unhealthy food are what the Mavericks fans can use to cope with the colossal disappointment of being down 3-0.

This was a realistic chance for the Mavericks to win since the Celtics didn't have a great player, Irvin had a great game, a close game except the Mavericks couldn't make critical baskets and also failed to get stops.

The 2023-2024 Celtics might be as great as the 1995-1996 Bulls that won 72 of 82 regular season games. The Celtics are up 3-0 so I expect this being over in 6 games will be proven wrong. The main reason is the Celtics have twice proven they can outplay the Mavericks in close games.

Of course Hurley turned down the Lakers. He also turned down UK, so he had to spurn all of my basketball teams that I cheer for.

Maybe he can turn down the DuPont Manual High School Crimson’s basketball team while we are at it. He could get the hat trick of personally screwing me over.

As for the finals matchup. In my mind, I’m pretending that there is no finals going on.
I never liked that hire for the Lakers and don't think he'd be a good fit in the pros unless he can adapt the way he relates to players. It's one thing to coach an 18-19 year old kid and an entirely different thing when you're talking to a seasoned pro player.

Last edited:
I find it telling that Boston is dominating Dallas in the Finals and all everyone wants to talk about is either the Lakers next coach or how the Mavs are pooping the bed.

Could it be that Boston is simultaneously the most talented and also the most socially boring team in recent memory?

I find it telling that Boston is dominating Dallas in the Finals and all everyone wants to talk about is either the Lakers next coach or how the Mavs are pooping the bed.

Could it be that Boston is simultaneously the most talented and also the most socially boring team in recent memory?
You forgot "annoying". Even I have to admit they are an extremely talented group (even without Porzingis), but I don't think comparing them to Jordan's Bulls team would be accurate. In their prime, I think Pippin and, undoubtably, Jordan would be the best players on the Celts. Pippin's D would dramatically slow anyone he guarded. He was a tremendous 2 way player.

I personally hope the Celts sweep so their fans don't get to celebrate a home victory. LOL

You forgot "annoying". Even I have to admit they are an extremely talented group (even without Porzingis), but I don't think comparing them to Jordan's Bulls team would be accurate. In their prime, I think Pippin and, undoubtably, Jordan would be the best players on the Celts. Pippin's D would dramatically slow anyone he guarded. He was a tremendous 2 way player.

I personally hope the Celts sweep so their fans don't get to celebrate a home victory. LOL
I’d totally agree. I’d even go so far as to say that Lebron and D Wade from the Heat would be best players on the Celts. Curry and Warriors-era Durant would be best players on the Celts. Heck, I’d say that Showtime Lakers and 80’s Celts beat this team.

But that’s not a knock on this team, as it is very solid. History will look kindly upon Holiday as he is one of the most under appreciated players in League history. I wish he was a Laker, as opposed to D Lo.

I’d totally agree. I’d even go so far as to say that Lebron and D Wade from the Heat would be best players on the Celts. Curry and Warriors-era Durant would be best players on the Celts. Heck, I’d say that Showtime Lakers and 80’s Celts beat this team.

But that’s not a knock on this team, as it is very solid. History will look kindly upon Holiday as he is one of the most under appreciated players in League history. I wish he was a Laker, as opposed to D Lo.
Yeah. Magic, Kareem, and Worthy are the best players on the Celts. Different game now, but still..........

Question about Showtime Lakers: what role do you think Coop’s high pitched voice had in him working his tail off to become the toughest and most tenacious defender of all time?

Question about Showtime Lakers: what role do you think Coop’s high pitched voice had in him working his tail off to become the toughest and most tenacious defender of all time?
:funny:

I remember one time when I was in Santa Cruz at a friend's house watching the Laker game. The other team inbounds the ball and Coop is immediately on the guy like stink on S***. He's bumping him and poking his long ass arms at the ball and the guy barely gets the ball over the half court line. Michael, however, doesn't stop there. He's still bodying up on the guy, pokes the ball away, the guy gets the ball back and by the time he gets to the top of the key, they have about 6 seconds to run their offense.

My buddy looks at me and says "Man, that guy is REALLY annoying. LOL

:funny:

I remember one time when I was in Santa Cruz at a friend's house watching the Laker game. The other team inbounds the ball and Coop is immediately on the guy like stink on S***. He's bumping him and poking his long ass arms at the ball and the guy barely gets the ball over the half court line. Michael, however, doesn't stop there. He's still bodying up on the guy, pokes the ball away, the guy gets the ball back and by the time he gets to the top of the key, they have about 6 seconds to run their offense.

My buddy looks at me and says "Man, that guy is REALLY annoying. LOL
I’ve heard Magic say several times that the reason why he was so good on offense was because he had Michael Cooper guarding him in practice all day every day. He said that by the time he was playing in the actual game it was easy because he was so used to being dogged by Coop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"