NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

there will be a Game 5 after all..haha

Do the Cs intentionally throw this game away so they can celebrate in Boston?
They played with lack or no energy at all...but what a bounce back by the Mavs!

Speaking of showtime Lakers...I have watched the 3 episodes documentary of Lakers-Celtics rivalry on Disney+, which narrated by Ice Cube (as Lakers fan) and Donnie Wahlberg (as Celtics fan)

For someone who doesnt know this rivalry between these 2 teams before, now I know why these two teams had deep hatred and resentment toward each other, haha. Not just players and between the fans, too!
Also, didnt know that the Lakers havent won a single Finals against the Celtics until 1985. Their record before against the Celtics was 0-8!
The most crazy thing was when Kevin McHale clotheslined Kurt Rambis,lol...that was like a straight up wrestling show right there 😅

And after their last matchup in 1987, I also didnt realize they almost met again in 2002 if not the Nets knocked the Celtics in conf.Finals.

Speaking of showtime Lakers...I have watched the 3 episodes documentary of Lakers-Celtics rivalry on Disney+, which narrated by Ice Cube (as Lakers fan) and Donnie Wahlberg (as Celtics fan)

For someone who doesnt know this rivalry between these 2 teams before, now I know why these two teams had deep hatred and resentment toward each other, haha. Not just players and between the fans, too!
Also, didnt know that the Lakers havent won a single Finals against the Celtics until 1985. Their record before against the Celtics was 0-8!
The most crazy thing was when Kevin McHale clotheslined Kurt Rambis,lol...that was like a straight up wrestling show right there 😅

And after their last matchup in 1987, I also didnt realize they almost met again in 2002 if not the Nets knocked the Celtics in conf.Finals.
Back in the 60's the Celtics would turn up the heat in the opposing team's locker rooms at halftime.

That move by McHale would have been an immediate ejection and suspension these days and was probably the dirtiest play I've ever seen. It would have been interesting if he'd done that to Moses Malone (don't think he would have).

Well, Kudos to the Mavericks who played an outstanding game by demolishing the great Celtics to avoid getting swept in Dallas.
Now the pressure is still on the Mavericks to show it wasn't a very convenient lightning-in-a-bottle since they'll have to win a challenging game 5 in Boston to force a game 6.

As expected...JB's got the Finals MVP, though JT is the star of game 5.

The best play of the game however goes to this play...
The moment Pritchard hit the half court buzzer beater, I knew The Celtics won't lose.

Celtics fans outside of Boston and Bostonians will be drinking a lot of alcohol to celebrate the Celtics winning their 18th NBA Title.

Now it won't be surprising if vast people begin jumping on the Celtics Bandwagon for that reason mostly.

This morning I saw Jay Williams on Get Up saying that the Celtics and the Lakers are two franchises that “couldn’t be farther apart” in terms of success right now.

My sick first reaction was “dude, why don’t you go for a motorcycle ride?”

This morning I saw Jay Williams on Get Up saying that the Celtics and the Lakers are two franchises that “couldn’t be farther apart” in terms of success right now.

My sick first reaction was “dude, why don’t you go for a motorcycle ride?”
Okay, I can one up you. I went on a Fatburger run for my family, turned on the LA ESPN channel, and had to listen to the locals talk about the chances of the Celts going on a 4 or 5 season run (which ain't happening). Anyway guys, you in FREAKING LA. The Dodgers just scored 7 in the top of the ninth to overcome a 5 run deficit against the Rockies and I have to listen to s*** about Fing BOSTON???

I'd almost, but not quite, rather listen to that stupid Cars for Kids commercial. :funny:

FYI....your reaction to Williams comment was appropriate; nothing sick about it.

That's as good of a hire as they could make. Much, much better IMO than hiring Hurley.
I’m not sure.
Will Reddick be the next Steve Kerr? Or will he be the next Steve Nash? Time will tell.

OKC traded Josh Giddy for Alex Caruso.
I love Alex Caruso, but I would’ve thought that the Thunder could’ve gotten a bit more than him straight up for Giddy. But I guess I don’t know the market that well.

Celtics suck.

I hate Tatum. Duke sucks.
I hate Horford. The Gators suck.

This is the most unlikable team…

Are you kidding me?The Celtics have had some unlikeable squads - any of the Kyrie teams - but this squad is adorable! Jrue Holiday, Al Horford and Derrick White are some of the most respected players in the league. The Js have been crazy successful and mature beyond their years since they entered the league, and finally got a well deserved championship. The Tingus Pingus - Jaylen Brown bromance (my wife and I shouted Kiss! Kiss! at the TV screen when they hugged after the confetti dropped) is terrific. They play the right way and work hard at BOTH ends of the court, unlike say Luka and Kyrie. And as Jrue said earlier in the series, even the white guys defend.
Literally everything about Boston is ugly.

Celtics suck, Red Sox suck harder.

As a lifelong fan of Boston sports - I grew up right outside the city proper and when not working remotely I spend my workdays at a building on the parade route - I can understand the issue folks have with Boston sports fans. Dorchester native Ayo Edebiri admitted on Late Night that we can be unsufferable. But the city itself is pretty great. The North End is one of the great neighborhoods in America. My wife and I had dinner there last weekend. The city is extremely walkable, and the T subway line, when not on fire, is very convenient for getting around. In addition to the North End, the Back Bay, the Seaport and Downtown are beautiful, relatively safe locations with historic building and a lively atmosphere at all times of the year. It is a great place to visit, and easy to get to by Amtrak if you live on or near the Northeast Corridor. Let me know when you are coming to visit and I will provide you with dining recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"