NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

I’m not sure.
Will Reddick be the next Steve Kerr? Or will he be the next Steve Nash? Time will tell.

OKC traded Josh Giddy for Alex Caruso.
I love Alex Caruso, but I would’ve thought that the Thunder could’ve gotten a bit more than him straight up for Giddy. But I guess I don’t know the market that well.
Well, you can never be sure because so much depends on the team, but Reddick will have the player's ears and, unlike Hurley, understands the modern NBA player. He also knows the game inside and out.

As you say though, we'll see. I just didn't see anyone better out there.

Well, you can never be sure because so much depends on the team, but Reddick will have the player's ears and, unlike Hurley, understands the modern NBA player. He also knows the game inside and out.

As you say though, we'll see. I just didn't see anyone better out there.
He’s a Duke guy. That’s hard to stomach.

But I will pull for him…for now.

NBA Draft tommorow. My Washington Wizards are picking #2. Excited, and yet also nervous they will somehow botch it.
Which is entirely possible, given how weak this draft class is.

Alex Sarr is the one pick who appears to be a bona fide franchise player. Everyone else after him is good, but not top 5 good, more like bottom ten good.

Curiously, Sarr has refused to workout for Atlanta, who have the #1 pick. In the press he's made it clear he wants to play for Washington.

It will be interesting how Atlanta responds. They already have several power forward types, they need more of a center type, and there is a decent center available in the draft in Donovan Clingan. They also could use a wing like Zacharie Risacher.
So they may take a player other than Sarr at #1, or trade down.

Or they may ending up taking Sarr anyway, as he's clearly the BPA.

As for Washington, I'd be delighted if they got Sarr. If they can't, I hope they pick Reed Sheppard, the talented shooting guard from Kentucky. He's not a franchise player, but he certainly has star potential, and I could see him leading a championship team in the future.

I just hope they stay away from Risacher. For a supposed "big man" he is extremely frail, and his game awfully timid and tentative.

Anyway, I think the point of all this is: I love drafts!

NBA Draft tommorow. My Washington Wizards are picking #2. Excited, and yet also nervous they will somehow botch it.
Which is entirely possible, given how weak this draft class is.

Alex Sarr is the one pick who appears to be a bona fide franchise player. Everyone else after him is good, but not top 5 good, more like bottom ten good.

Curiously, Sarr has refused to workout for Atlanta, who have the #1 pick. In the press he's made it clear he wants to play for Washington.

It will be interesting how Atlanta responds. They already have several power forward types, they need more of a center type, and there is a decent center available in the draft in Donovan Clingan. They also could use a wing like Zacharie Risacher.
So they may take a player other than Sarr at #1, or trade down.

Or they may ending up taking Sarr anyway, as he's clearly the BPA.

As for Washington, I'd be delighted if they got Sarr. If they can't, I hope they pick Reed Sheppard, the talented shooting guard from Kentucky. He's not a franchise player, but he certainly has star potential, and I could see him leading a championship team in the future.

I just hope they stay away from Risacher. For a supposed "big man" he is extremely frail, and his game awfully timid and tentative.

Anyway, I think the point of all this is: I love drafts!
Drafts and free agency signings are the best. They give us hope before our dreams come crashing down....I'm feeling particularly optimistic tonight. :funny:

Anyone is the top 20 could possibly hit....and maybe even lower. Being a Laker fan, I think they've done a great job getting really decent players without having high picks.......please....please....please don't remind me of the times the DID have high picks....esp when they passed on Fox and Tatum.....but there are other (2015/16), less sad, early 1st round mistakes.

Alexandre Sarr now a Washington Wizard! Special thanks to the city of Atlanta!
I mean I'm sure Zacharrie Risacher will turn out fine, but the Hawks are going to regret
passing on Sarr.

I don’t see how Knecht fell to the Lakers at 17. Reddick is gonna love this guy. I wonder if Bronny gets drafted. I could see the Lakers using their second on him if he falls there or if he doesn’t get drafted signing him as a free agent.

Alexandre Sarr now a Washington Wizard! Special thanks to the city of Atlanta!
I mean I'm sure Zacharrie Risacher will turn out fine, but the Hawks are going to regret
passing on Sarr.
Considering the Hawks have never made a decent draft choice in my entire life, we’ve been regretting things for 30+ years.

I don’t see how Knecht fell to the Lakers at 17. Reddick is gonna love this guy. I wonder if Bronny gets drafted. I could see the Lakers using their second on him if he falls there or if he doesn’t get drafted signing him as a free agent.
Lakers draft Bronny in the 2nd round with pick #55......whodda thunk?

Maybe they want to keep LeBron?

Lakers draft Bronny in the 2nd round with pick #55......whodda thunk?

Maybe they want to keep LeBron?
And I’d say it wasn’t a wasted pick.

Lakers had a great draft.

Is it just me, or are the Kings very guard-heavy?

They definitely don’t draft for need.

And I’d say it wasn’t a wasted pick.

Lakers had a great draft.

Is it just me, or are the Kings very guard-heavy?

They definitely don’t draft for need.
Given their picks, I'd say they did very, very well. Just about everybody had Knecht in the top 10 and many had him in the top 5 or 6. It doesn't mean he'll be a very good player, but, to me, he looks like a guy who can help right away. He also seems to have a very, very good attitude.

Given their picks, I'd say they did very, very well. Just about everybody had Knecht in the top 10 and many had him in the top 5 or 6. It doesn't mean he'll be a very good player, but, to me, he looks like a guy who can help right away. He also seems to have a very, very good attitude.
Having watched him repeatedly torch the college team that I cheer for, I think the Lakers got a steal.

I know that it’s crazy, but as a Kentucky fan, I probably would’ve drafted Knecht over Shepherd. I love Shephard, but he’s undersized, he disappeared in the tourney game, and he isn’t the dog that his father was.

Having watched him repeatedly torch the college team that I cheer for, I think the Lakers got a steal.

I know that it’s crazy, but as a Kentucky fan, I probably would’ve drafted Knecht over Shepherd. I love Shephard, but he’s undersized, he disappeared in the tourney game, and he isn’t the dog that his father was.
Well.....maybe, but there's no way Sheppard falls to 17, but Knecht does have a lot of length and looks like a guy who can improve on D. Reed has the flashier stats, but, man, Knecht can fill it.

Funny how a guy who is 6'2" or 6'3" is undersized. :funny: I think he'll be a good player. I think Knecht can be just as good or maybe a little better. He is pretty athletic and I think his age (23) played against him in the draft ("ceilings" and all that BS) and the Lakers were the beneficiaries. Maybe "the" steal of the draft. Time will tell. I only saw him play a few times, but, man, when I did......

Per multiple reports, the Hawks are trading Murray to the New Orleans Pelicans for Larry Nance Jr., Dyson Daniels and future first-round picks.

Hawks get:

Larry Nance Jr.
Dyson Daniels
2025 first-round pick (via Lakers)
2027 first-round pick (via Bucks/Pelicans)

Pelicans receive:

Dejounte Murray

Per multiple reports, Raptors guard Immanuel Quickley plans to sign a five-year, $175 million deal to stay with the team.

Per multiple reports, the Hawks are trading Murray to the New Orleans Pelicans for Larry Nance Jr., Dyson Daniels and future first-round picks.

Hawks get:

Larry Nance Jr.
Dyson Daniels
2025 first-round pick (via Lakers)
2027 first-round pick (via Bucks/Pelicans)

Pelicans receive:

Dejounte Murray
I don't get this trade.....

The Pelicans pick up a really nice player, only give up a couple of guys who are sorta decent, and a couple of picks that aren't likely to land them too much of anything. IIRC, the Pels can swap with Milwaukee in 26 and have their own also?? They also have 2 1sts in 2025. I don't know how the swap works WRT the trade, but maybe they get the best pick?

To me, this looks like the Hawks got kinda fleeced?? I heard the dude is kinda a headache and didn't get along with Young, but damn.....the dude could score.

@Immortalfire You probably have a better line on this than I do. What say you?

The Pelicans pick up a really nice player, only give up a couple of guys who are sorta decent, and a couple of picks that aren't likely to land them too much of anything. IIRC, the Pels can swap with Milwaukee in 26 and have their own also?? They also have 2 1sts in 2025. I don't know how the swap works WRT the trade, but maybe they get the best pick?

To me, this looks like the Hawks got kinda fleeced?? I heard the dude is kinda a headache and didn't get along with Young, but damn.....the dude could score.

This feels like phase 1 of a roster reconstruction.

They need to flip McCollum and Ingram for role players (e.g. McConnell, Bruce Brown, Hartenstein).

Herbert Jones and Trey Murphy are more of a fit for the team rather than Ingram.

Indeed, I’ve heard rumors that he and Trae Young couldn’t get along, so they decided to cut one of the two. he was a good player, so I think this is a stupid move, but as I indicated earlier, that’s what I’ve been used to for most of my life from the Hawks.

Indeed, I’ve heard rumors that he and Trae Young couldn’t get along, so they decided to cut one of the two. he was a good player, so I think this is a stupid move, but as I indicated earlier, that’s what I’ve been used to for most of my life from the Hawks.
Sorry bruh......I just can't stop myself from laughing when people say (true) S*** like that..... :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"