NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

The Golden State Warriors have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with the Philadelphia 76ers for Buddy Hield, according to multiple reports. Hield reportedly will sign a multi-year deal with two years and $21 million guaranteed.

Warriors receive:

Buddy Hield

Sixers receive:

2031 second-round pick
That sounds like a pretty good deal for the Warriors. They needed a shooter to complement Steph and certainly got one.

I see the times. They’re playing late. Can’t stay up for that

On still related news...I am really looking forward of the new TV deals that will start after next season. Heard the NBA will announce it in near times after the drafts.

If next season will be the TNT's last broadcast, then I will miss their crew a lot. Particularly Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Brian Anderson, Stan Van Gundy, Allie Laforce,..all the crew that I already familiar and comfortable with. But at the same time, really curious for NBC and Amazon Prime handling NBA games.

It will be very weird after so many years, I have been watching NBA and only knew and watch through ESPN/ABC and TNT (or maybe some local broadcast team that I sometimes watched as well like the YES Network for Nets games, MSG Network for the Knicks games, NBC sports Boston for Celtics games, NBC sports Philly for Sixers games, etc) that starting 2025/2026 season, we're gonna potentially having new faces and voices calling the games (although I believe the Finals will still broadcasted by ESPN)

Last edited:

And if there are new team in Vegas and Seattle (that both will definitely part of the Western conference) then I think one of the Memphis or Minnesota needs to move East (just checking by looking the US geography, both Memphis and Minnesota are part of the Eastern side of the US with Minnesota shares border with Chicago and Milwaukee, and Memphis shares with Atlanta...so I always curious why they ended up in the Western conference🤔)
Screenshot_20240710_181208_Samsung Internet.jpg

And if there are new team in Vegas and Seattle (that both will definitely part of the Western conference) then I think one of the Memphis or Minnesota needs to move East (just checking by looking the US geography, both Memphis and Minnesota are part of the Eastern side of the US with Minnesota shares border with Chicago and Milwaukee, and Memphis shares with Atlanta...so I always curious why they ended up in the Western conference🤔)
View attachment 96605
Let’s be old school. I want to bring back the Kentucky Colonels, one of the powerhouses of the ABA.

IMG_4926.jpeg

I don’t think the Lakers are losers of FA.

You actually have to compete in order to lose. The Lakers were just dead this offseason.
Maybe they pick up Trent Jr........who had his worst season ever last year. That alone will put them in contention. :o

Let’s be old school. I want to bring back the Kentucky Colonels, one of the powerhouses of the ABA.

View attachment 96632
I think that's actually a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. What in the WORLD made you think of that? :funny:

As long as their home is in Louisville....

I think that's actually a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. What in the WORLD made you think of that? :funny:

As long as their home is in Louisville....
I live in Louisville. I think about the Colonels often. Ha.

I live in Louisville. I think about the Colonels often. Ha.
Then why in the world do you root for the college team in Lexington and despise your hometown school? :funny:

That really is a good idea though.....about the Colonels.

It says he took a $101.3 M 2 year deal instead of a max deal of $104 M? Could someone please explain the significance of that? :funny:

Lebron took a haircut so the Lakers had money to give his kid an above market guaranteed contract instead of a non guaranteed two way deal typically offered out to late second round picks.

Last edited:
Lebron took a haircut so the Lakers had money to give his kid an above market guaranteed contract instead of a non guaranteed two way deal typically offered out to late second round picks.
If someone shaved that little off my hair, I probably wouldn’t want to pay the barber. :funny:

Then why in the world do you root for the college team in Lexington and despise your hometown school? :funny:

That really is a good idea though.....about the Colonels.
Crazy thing is that I’m a UofL grad for undergraduate. But I’ve always been a UK fan since I was a kid. I grew up idolizing Kenny “Sky” Walker, Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin, Dirk Minnifield, Rex Chapman…those guys were awesome.

UofL had some greats as well like Darrell “Dr Dunkenstein” Griffith and “Never nervous” Pervis Ellison. But the UK teams were just too cool not to cheer for.

Crazy thing is that I’m a UofL grad for undergraduate. But I’ve always been a UK fan since I was a kid. I grew up idolizing Kenny “Sky” Walker, Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin, Dirk Minnifield, Rex Chapman…those guys were awesome.

UofL had some greats as well like Darrell “Dr Dunkenstein” Griffith and “Never nervous” Pervis Ellison. But the UK teams were just too cool not to cheer for.
Hypothetically speaking.....Do you draft Jordan or Sam Bowie?

Can you imagine Portland team with MJ and Clyde the Glide in the backcourt? Ouch....

Hypothetically speaking.....Do you draft Jordan or Sam Bowie?

Can you imagine Portland team with MJ and Clyde the Glide in the backcourt? Ouch....
I get that Portland drafted for need and Sam Bowie was as dominant a center as Hakeem or any of the other collegiate greats in the 80’s aside from maybe Ewing. He just had the bad fortune of a gruesome leg injury immediately into his career and he was a punchline after that. But had he remained healthy who knows what would’ve happened.

I mean, yeah, you draft Jordan over him, no question with the benefit of hindsight. But it isn’t really fair to call him a bust and one of the worst draft choices in history, as he was as can’t miss a prospect on paper as you could get. But there’s no crystal ball in the scout sheet to predict broken legs with significant damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"