NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

The Rockets look a lot better without Carmelo. They won't be a healthy Warriors in the playoffs, but they look so much better without him. Carmelo legitimately isn't a good player anymore. Beyond him being old, even in his prime he'd struggle to adapt to a league where defense is required to the level it is now. He couldn't switch worth a damn and it was embarrassing.

Young Melo, admittedly, didn't have great lateral quickness to begin with. Nowadays he moves as if he's injured or something. I thought HOU, with as much as they let Harden and CP3 isolate, would play into his strengths more, but yeah he looks cooked and it's sad. Offensively I still think he's one of the best to ever do it, head to head matchups against LeBron in his prime illustrate how easily he could score even at an athletic disadvantage. And down low he was a beast not only in the post but rebounding and putbacks. I hope history looks on his career a little better than the numbers might suggest, he was absolutely one of the best of his generation.

In other news, I don't believe GS' current struggles can be attributed solely to KD-Draymond drama, although I believe that's very real too. But in the midst of getting KD they sacrificed the bench that helped propel them to the top of the league. Regardless of how much top heavy firepower they have, without a bench, which I think is even worse than it was last year, they're going to be a lot more vulnerable come playoff time...

The problem with the Warriors is their best player isn't playing. If the are healthy, and Boogie looks legit, they will walk the playoffs. But Steph, as usual, is the key.

I would have never thought the Grizz would lead the West going into the TG weekend. :eek:

The problem with the Warriors is their best player isn't playing. If the are healthy, and Boogie looks legit, they will walk the playoffs. But Steph, as usual, is the key.

Most important player to their system, perhaps. He's not better than Durant.

That said, we'll see. They can't keep skating by without some sort of offensive output when their starters rest. Terrence Ross outscored their whole bench by himself in their last game, but a nuclear Durant was enough. Eventually, it might not be...

Bulls finally fire Hoiberg. Now maybe he'll come back to coach Iowa State.

Few observations:

- Remember when someone here didn't think Westbrook was any good & that Paul George wouldn't thrive with him and the Thunder weren't relevant? Good times. :hehe:

- Interesting Bleacher Report article on LeBron and some of the responses from his contemporaries, notably Durant who people assume was definitely heading to LA. It's only what I've been saying in here for the past decade, but I digress.

- For my money, the player with the closest game to mimic Michael Jordan is Kawhi.

People get caught up in the shared mannerisms Kobe had but his game was a lot more perimeter oriented and I suppose, difficult to a fault. And Kawhi lacks the style and flash of the younger MJ for sure. But from the assortment of elbow jumpers to the lack of wasted movement, efficiency in the post and mid-range, Leonard is a lot more of a '96-'98 MJ than anyone I've ever seen.

They beat the Nets by 2. :lmao:

If you think the Thunder are going to beat the Warriors, I have a bridge to sell you. The Thunder might not even beat LeBron's Lakers to make the conference finals.

But hey, how is Carmelo working out, same with the Rockets?

The Bucks are looking so beautiful this year, I'm so happy.

I got dragged to the Hawks game last night.

They're bad.

They beat the Nets by 2. :lmao:

If you think the Thunder are going to beat the Warriors, I have a bridge to sell you. The Thunder might not even beat LeBron's Lakers to make the conference finals.

1. I'm referring to OKC being .5 gm out of 1st in the West. Obviously nobody is excited about beating Brooklyn, but the fact remains that you rail on Westbrook as if he's incapable of having success, like he hasn't enjoyed a lot of it already. Need I remind you, for all the crap you spew about him, we're talking about a guy who's been to the Finals, the WCF multiple times, and a former league MVP.

2. Need I also remind you that not only Durant/Harden but now Paul George have managed to coexist with the ultimate albatross. Still don't know how he can be 3rd all-time in triple dubs, average 10 assists for 3 consecutive years and still be considered selfish? George manages to get his shots up just fine.

But hey, how is Carmelo working out, same with the Rockets?

Uhh, I never said the Rockets weren't going to miss Mbah a Moute or especially Ariza. I actually said the opposite but yes, I felt Melo would be a better fit with them as opposed to OKC or anywhere else. I can guarantee I've been right a helluva lot more than wrong around these parts....

1. I'm referring to OKC being .5 gm out of 1st in the West. Obviously nobody is excited about beating Brooklyn, but the fact remains that you rail on Westbrook as if he's incapable of having success, like he hasn't enjoyed a lot of it already. Need I remind you, for all the crap you spew about him, we're talking about a guy who's been to the Finals, the WCF multiple times, and a former league MVP.

2. Need I also remind you that not only Durant/Harden but now Paul George have managed to coexist with the ultimate albatross. Still don't know how he can be 3rd all-time in triple dubs, average 10 assists for 3 consecutive years and still be considered selfish? George manages to get his shots up just fine.

Uhh, I never said the Rockets weren't going to miss Mbah a Moute or especially Ariza. I actually said the opposite but yes, I felt Melo would be a better fit with them as opposed to OKC or anywhere else. I can guarantee I've been right a helluva lot more than wrong around these parts....
I said they would be irrelevant. If you aren't a title contender, you are irrelevant in the NBA. Just ask the Raptors who mortgaged their potential future for an actual shot at a title. Something the Thunder do not have with Westbrook as their #1, and Roberson breaking his legs more every time he steps on the court. Not that he'd make them contenders against the Warriors.

Their placement in the West standings mean what exactly? The Nuggets are in first, and the Warriors are only 2 games back in the loss column, while playing a month without 3 of their starting five. You treat Westbrook like he is on the level of guys like LeBron, Steph, Durant, Kwahi, AD, or Giannis. Westbrook isn't, he isn't a top 5 player, which is exactly why he can't elevate a team to a title without a superior teammate. It's why he hasn't been back to the finals without Durant. It is why he has no rings. Out of the OKC trio, is clearly the worst . But your bar for success is utterly hilarious for him, considering how you treat LeBron making the finals for a decade.

2. The idea that Westbrook, who this season spent a game jacking up 12 3-pointers, isn't selfish on the court is just grand. Durant and Harden both left. He chased off Durant and then cried like a baby after he left. Is he going to win a title with George as his wingman? That is the issue. He can get a gazillion empty triple doubles. If he isn't winning titles, what does that get them exactly?

3. You made fun of me calling the Rockets based on their offseason cheapo moves. That is exactly what they are.

Last edited:
1.Their placement in the West standings mean what exactly? The Nuggets are in first, and the Warriors are only 2 games back in the loss column, while playing a month without 3 of their starting five. You treat Westbrook like he is on the level of guys like LeBron, Steph, Durant, Kwahi, AD, or Giannis. Westbrook isn't, he isn't a top 5 player, which is exactly why he can't elevate a team to a title without a superior teammate. It's why he hasn't been back to the finals without Durant. It is why he has no rings. Out of the OKC trio, is clearly the worst . But your bar for success is utterly hilarious for him, considering how you treat LeBron making the finals for a decade.

It means they're winning and figuring it out, which takes time. And I treat Westbrook as what he is, a tremendous player, and the best overall PG in the league. He can't beat the Warriors because nobody can, they're stacked.

You're comparing him to Forwards, compare him to his peers. Basketball is played on both ends of the court, you're not going to tell me Steph is a better defender than Westbrook, OKC doesn't have to hide him from fear of exploitation. I saw him terrorize CP3 at the height of Paul's delusional fanaticism. Just last year I saw him shut down Harden one on one, a challenge you'll never see Curry even attempt. And head to head Klay inevitably winds up on Russ because Curry can't do anything with him so overall, yeah, I think he's better. He's not a better shooter, and doesn't have a better team, but he's better at everything else.

2. The idea that Westbrook, who this season spent a game jacking up 12 3-pointers, isn't selfish on the court is just grand. Durant and Harden both left. He chased off Durant and then cried like a baby after he left. Is he going to win a title with George as his wingman? That is the issue. He can get a gazillion empty triple doubles. If he isn't winning titles, what does that get them exactly?

Do you know their record when he does get a triple double? Right. And he's been away from Durant for how many years now? How long did it take LeBron, or Jordan to win a title? Exactly.

And speaking of LeBron, I've only called him out on what your man crush Durant just called him out on, the lack of accountability he's enjoyed with the media. The way people act as if he's had to deal with all this scrutiny is laughable, Kobe was scrutinized and truly hated, people like me just wanted to see LeBron go harder in instances where he decided not to. He's been adored and loved by the media more often than not, and when anything goes wrong, it's almost certainly his teammates fault. But he's a Laker now, I'm trying to get better :cwink:

As far as Harden is concerned, OKC didn't want to pay him, simple as that. Unless Westbrook has deeper pockets than the owner, that whole argument is asinine.

Durant? Skill-wise I believe he's been better than James for a few years now. Skin-wise, he's a papier mache masquerading as some hardened no nonsense "leader". He was never a leader in OKC, you can't decide that on your own, your teammates decide. And he's not the leader on GS now (and neither is Steph for that matter. Focal point, sure, leader, nope). That's his own inner demons and issues to work out, not nobody else's and certainly not Westbrook's.

3. You made fun of me calling the Rockets based on their offseason cheapo moves. That is exactly what they are.

You'll have to point me in that direction. I have a high level of disdain for Harden, CP3 and Daryl Morey so I can't fathom making fun of anyone making fun of them. However, I did say Melo would work out there which is obviously a done deal at this point.

Last edited:
Derek "F Matt Barnes" Fisher is coach of the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks.

so glad the Bucks are finally looking like the team i've been hyping them up to be the last few seasons lol

#FeartheDeer

Golden State may very well win the title this year, but OKC is going to win it next year

Hmmm....I wouldn't sleep on them this year.

Does anyone thinks that Luka Donkic will be an AllStar starter?
it is crazy to see the poll results, that even KD is at number 4th in forward position.

And I am just curious, how Yuta Watanabe is known on NBA fan across the world?
I just hope he is getting more minutes, and hope that he can have lastly career in NBA than Yuta Tabuse.

Last edited:
And GS is finally to looks playing well recently...
when they lose big to the Lakers without LeBron on 25 Dec, I think they are not winning this year, but I have watched when they beat Denver and also Lakers (Steph is missing the dunk, hahahaha ), plus Cousins is well again and Klay shooting is back to normal again, I think they will win NBA Champion again.

The question is which team is going to represent East? I am exciting for East this year, Milwaukee, Boston, Toronto, Indiana, Philadelphia, Miami....there is no telling who is gonna make it past to the Finals.
If milwaukee can stay consistent play until the playoff, I am rooting for them to make it to the Finals.

So exciting

harden is playing some crazy ball right now :wow:

Nawlins would be silly to send AD off to the Lakers without allowing Boston into the bidding war. The Celtics have a much, much better collection off assets to pawn, including a probable Sacramento lottery pick, a Memphis pick that has greatly increased in value, another potential 1st from the Clippers along with Terry Rozier, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Time Lord. I would be surprised if the Pelicans don't hold off until the offseason before trying to make this trade.

I'm surprised it took this long tbh. I don't expect to develop out of this anytime soon, but my league insider status has been spotty since.. well, always. :shrug:

Supposedly, Blake Griffin would like out of Detroit, but it's 2019, so who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"