NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

Annnnnd...here we go again. I had no vested interest when LeBron was shuffling the deck in Cleveland and Miami but he needs to be careful here. AD is obviously a great talent, but he's also very obviously injury prone IMO. Mortgaging youth for someone who might not be there when you need him most is dangerous.

But again, this is what LeBron has been doing for almost a decade now, this is the reason why a team implodes after he leaves. Yes, he's all-time great, but when you're essentially the system onto yourself with no real offense around it, and you jettison youth for veteran rebounders and spot up guys for cheap (which is what the Lakers would have to round out the roster with) it stands to reason none of these guys can perform once the centerpiece of it all decides to call it a day...

:bomb:
--------------------------------------------

and then....

:lmao:

Last edited:
I felt like KP would have left in 2020 anyway. The Tank is in overdrive this year.

I am guessing Kanter is dealt next.

Burke was included in the deal as well, and a pick to NY

they dont have to trade kanter now. his contract expires at the end of the season. the only contract left for the knicks to get rid of is lance thomas'.

That's right. I thought he had one more year for some reason. If the draft picks work out it could turn out well. And if DSjr reaches his potential.

I feel like they already know who is coming in the summer, that is why they did it. They have 70+million in cap now.

I will miss Courtney Lee, the dude is the ultimate professional. Total class act

Annnnnd...here we go again. I had no vested interest when LeBron was shuffling the deck in Cleveland and Miami but he needs to be careful here. AD is obviously a great talent, but he's also very obviously injury prone IMO. Mortgaging youth for someone who might not be there when you need him most is dangerous.

But again, this is what LeBron has been doing for almost a decade now, this is the reason why a team implodes after he leaves. Yes, he's all-time great, but when you're essentially the system onto yourself with no real offense around it, and you jettison youth for veteran rebounders and spot up guys for cheap (which is what the Lakers would have to round out the roster with) it stands to reason none of these guys can perform once the centerpiece of it all decides to call it a day...
Why would Lebron need to be careful though? Wouldn't this fall more on Maginka? They'll be the ones left to deal with the potential mess after Lebron's 3-4 years are done with. But isn't this usually what happens though? Most dynasties or championship teams take a big dropoff or implode once their superstar leaves. After MJ and co. left, the Bulls haven't been able to reach those heights in a long time. Took Boston some time to get back into shape after their big 3 were dealt. The Lakers were pretty much bottom feeders after Kobe went down. No matter what system you have, more likely than not, it revolves around how to best utilize your superstar and how the other pieces fit in. Once the centerpiece is gone, the dropoff in inevitable. The Spurs are still able to keep some semblance of competitiveness because not everybody left all at once, and they were able to replace some pieces with lesser versions of the original. And even then, as it stands right now, they're stuck in mediocrity hell, which in the long term, is probably a worst position than a tanking team if we're not taking them trading for picks into account.

i dont know who this denver team is, but they are looking good tonight. they are fighting all the way through

It's wonderful to see Boogie back in action. I really hope the Dubs can snag one more title for him.

That being said, if the Bucks can end their recent history of futility and make the Finals, Eric Bledsoe is also deserving of an NBA title.

Nawlins would be silly to send AD off to the Lakers without allowing Boston into the bidding war. The Celtics have a much, much better collection off assets to pawn, including a probable Sacramento lottery pick, a Memphis pick that has greatly increased in value, another potential 1st from the Clippers along with Terry Rozier, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Time Lord. I would be surprised if the Pelicans don't hold off until the offseason before trying to make this trade.

I have a strong feeling that NOLA is going to get pillaged in this trade. The Lakers have nothing to offer and if AD's outlook is similar to his father's, he's hesitant about playing in Boston. I wish that there was another strong suitor out there.

I have a strong feeling that NOLA is going to get pillaged in this trade. The Lakers have nothing to offer and if AD's outlook is similar to his father's, he's hesitant about playing in Boston. I wish that there was another strong suitor out there.
I don't see a straight trade happening with Laker before the next week deadline, if other teams are not involve....3 or 4 team deal. I suspect a trade will occur after July 1st....again, unless other teams are involved.

As far as AD father is concern...that's just him sending a message to facilitate the trade with the Lakers; because, that's where he want his son to go...Team Davis is in lock step. I suspect he would say the same, if it was NY, Brooklyn, Chicago, or any other big market city, if those teams had assets. Personally, I would think NO would do like Pop, and trade outside the conference...so Boston, all around look like the logical choice; but, how much is Boston willing to give up, if AD is willing to sign a commitment/extension.

Why would Lebron need to be careful though? Wouldn't this fall more on Maginka? They'll be the ones left to deal with the potential mess after Lebron's 3-4 years are done with. But isn't this usually what happens though? Most dynasties or championship teams take a big dropoff or implode once their superstar leaves. After MJ and co. left, the Bulls haven't been able to reach those heights in a long time. Took Boston some time to get back into shape after their big 3 were dealt. The Lakers were pretty much bottom feeders after Kobe went down. No matter what system you have, more likely than not, it revolves around how to best utilize your superstar and how the other pieces fit in. Once the centerpiece is gone, the dropoff in inevitable. The Spurs are still able to keep some semblance of competitiveness because not everybody left all at once, and they were able to replace some pieces with lesser versions of the original. And even then, as it stands right now, they're stuck in mediocrity hell, which in the long term, is probably a worst position than a tanking team if we're not taking them trading for picks into account.

He needs to be careful because him and Anthony Davis with a bunch of veteran shooters and rebounders who stand in the corner probably won't be enough in the West. If AD has already made it clear he wants to come to LA, all they need to do is wait.

My point about systems is the fact that LeBron, wherever he's been, dictated the offense to the point that he was the offense unto himself. The lack of a respected coach has a lot to do with this but none of his Cavs teams consistently ran a true offense, and Miami's "pace and space" wasn't much different. In order for him to get his max player teammates though, it inevitably involves getting rid of whatever youth is on the team (not to mention it's easier to convince perennial all-stars who haven't won anything to acquiesce, as opposed to young guys trying to prove their worth).

Regardless, the Lakers don't need to give up Kuzma AND Ingram, on top of draft picks and whatever else New Orleans wants. Just wait for his free agency....

(By the way, after MJ retired the first time, the Bulls only lost one extra game the following season. Without one of the most bogus calls in Playoff history, they very well may have ended up in the Finals)

Apparently the Bucks traded 2 players and 2 2nd rounders for Mirotic

Gasol to Raptors, Tobias Harris to Sixers..

Just like i said, the East will be far more interesting than the West this year...honestly I do not even know who will be won the East...

The celtics, which look like a lock in the beginning of the season, seems struggle this year... Milwaukee, Toronto, Philadelphia, plus a tough Indiana team even without Oladipo, Charlotte, Miami all have the chance. Though I will root for Giannis and the Bucks (hope they can play consistent until the conference finals)

I am really exciting for the East this year.
Hopefully the infamous statement that says the East is inferior to the West is dissapear after this season.

And... is it just me, or I think that if Celtics gave up Jayson Tatum for Anthony Davis, that will be a very big blunder long terms?

Even for AD, I think it is not worth giving up a prospect like Tatum, I prefer Celtocs would give Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, or even Gordon Hayward for AD.

And... is it just me, or I think that if Celtics gave up Jayson Tatum for Anthony Davis, that will be a very big blunder long terms?

Even for AD, I think it is not worth giving up a prospect like Tatum, I prefer Celtocs would give Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, or even Gordon Hayward for AD.
New Orleans wouldn't go for that...Tatum has to be apart of the deal; otherwise, it would be one-sided & the Pels would be the loser in that trade.

it's NBA All Star weekend yall :awesome:

So are the Lebron riders are going to give him a pass for his NO DEFENSE this season and the fact that team imploded because of his BS about wanting his New Forward to ruin in DAVIS

i feel bad for the young Lakers at times. there is some talent there. Kuzma, Hart, and Ingram (in spurts) show a lot of promise. i sometimes wonder if Lebron going there hurt them more than helped them

it clearly hurt them they were playing with heart last year and getting better give **** to lonzo all you want but he is solid for that team and now they will blow it up to please this clown show Lebron brings then to be left with feces after he leaves go look at Miami and Cleveland after he demolished there rosters to get his agent Commission on contracts glad the LA crowd is giving it to him thought he thought that crowd was all Hollywood but 90 % of that crowd are actual working class citizens who don't give 0 F's about his side projects he will see that once they miss thee playoffs and he will get booed

jonqfq34kxk21.jpg

This season pretty much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"