NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

The Warriors need Durant not for his offense, but for his defense. They are giving up too much dribble penetration.

Honestly, I want Toronto to win on Monday so Stephen A Smith has a meltdown on TV.

This has been such an entertaining series to watch. Been rooting for the Raptors since the start of the playoffs and they’ve consistently surprised me with their resilience. I wish my Celtics had half the heart they’ve got.

Also love seeing all the support their getting across Canada. So awesome.

Yeah, I think the Warriors may be done. I knew Curry was bringing back his team for Game 2, because I could see him analyzing, evaluating and testing Toronto even when Game 1 was pretty much decided. But his body language at the end of this game was basically saying, "That's it, I can't do any more for this team." He looked like a man out of ideas. Maybe if Durant comes back and defends the **** out of Kawhi and Siakam, the Warriors might have a chance at the series, but I actually think Toronto might actually take the next game too.

The Warriors' pick & roll defense has been godawful this series. The Raptors seem to get a crazy game from someone who shouldn't be having crazy games near every time out and that's on top of Kawhi being ridiculous. The first point is probably more determinate, but it's all adding up to GS just constantly being outplayed. :shrug:

I am waiting for the media covering the NBA to say "Golden State will win three in a row when KD comes back."

What kind of forking play was that? :funny:

I usually don't give a team a chance to win a series if they lose games they shouldn't. That's twice now for Toronto.

Kudos to KD too, I've questioned his leadership in the past but that was leadership tonight. He didn't have to try to go, but he sacrificed for the team...tough stuff right there.

Blew my mind when Kawhi went on his spurt, Raptors built a decent lead, they had all the momentum, then they called a timeout to kill all their momentum. Normally it's the other team calling the timeout in hopes to calm things down, but the damn Raptors did it to themselves! After that, they went on to limp their way to the loss. I may be wrong, but I don't think Kawhi scored again.

bad place of a game. I thought the Kawhi spurt put it away, but then all the Splashness.

Felt bad for KD. Gritted it up, came out strong and probably popped his damn Achilles for it.

I don't hate the Golden State Warriors. I have always liked Steve Kerr as he was one of my favorites of the 90's Bulls. I like Klay and Steph too. I don't care for KD and Draymond is a bit of a hot head with his nut kicking and eye gouging.

Durant shouldn’t have been out there in the first place. Bad call.

Doesn't that affect KD in free agency?
He'll stay with GS most likely. Joining GS was the easy route for the championship and I doubt he'll move away from that.

Sarah McLachlan is hypnotizing the Warriors with her siren's voice, leading to a Raptor's win.

If not for VanVleet, Raptors would have lost now. But Kawhi got to play hero ball with his free throws. :funny:

Congrats!

Klay and Durant... god that was a lot of garbage.

Outside of the annoying foul in the final seconds, those last few minutes were intense. Great series, so happy Toronto won. They deserved it.

Got a good laugh at GS’s Chris Webber moment :D

Have a feeling the injuries might sway KD & Klay (who obviously wants to stay anyway) to return next season.

But I'm not throwing a pity party, nobody did for LeBron James when he was without Kyrie and Kevin Love.

I swear to God Canada... If you don't adopt this as your official celebration song, then I don't wanna forking even know you anymore...

I would love for the other two leagues, MLB and NFL to also have first time champions, so that the big 4 can have first time champions all at the same time, but we know that it's unlikely it happens in the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"