NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mister J, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Who wins?

1. Trail Blazers

8.3%
  2. Raptors

41.7%
  3. Warriors

33.3%
  4. Bucks

16.7%
  1. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

How Klay recovers will determine GS' chances in the playoffs. Still think they're locked for a playoff spot.

2. Dr. Evil Registered

One thing is for certain now, with Golden State all of a sudden mortal, the race to the NBA Finals next year is wide open.

TheGuy likes this.
  3. Dr. Evil Registered

This makes me all that more excited for the NBA than the NFL, since we all know what's going to happen at the end of the upcoming NFL season.

4. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Ok Lakers brass, my faith is restored. Couple more shooters and LeBron should be happy, time to get it done. Because if a certain recently retired Lakers legend did half of what LeBron did last season he would've been crucified.

Bring back Rondo, at least off the bench, and a few spot up guys and this should be enough, provided AD stays healthy, which is very dicey...

5. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

LA is targetting Kemba Walker. Bad move. Not good for defense, which LA is bad at now.

6. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I'm very happy with the Pelicans' return on AD. The team now has a chance to get very talented with young players over the next few years.

7. Dr. Evil Registered

Kemba Walker is the reason I say "oh yeah, I forgot that the Charlotte Hornets are still in the NBA."

8. P Supreme Registered

Lakers would be fools not to bring back Rondo now especially since he has played with AD before and was successful but this only works if Lebron let's AD operate in the paint cause if he makes AD a spot up shooter like he did Bosh and Love then no BUENO

Doc Samson likes this.
  9. P Supreme Registered

GS obviously are still there provided Klay comes back healthy but the long playoff runs have been taking it's toll on the team [captain obvious over here] so they can be taken and Green offense must improve he can't keep relying on Klay and Steph to bail them out EVERY TIME

Doc Samson likes this.
  10. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

One of the things that's always bothered me about LeBron, besides his ability to transform All-Star level players into glorified spot up shooters, is his unwillingness to just play the point.

I mean, dude has the ball in his hands most of the time & he's bringing it up the court more than anybody else. The whole reason they got Lance & Rondo after already having Lonzo was so that LeBron could play off the ball more, and that experiment didn't even last a quarter of the season. Bring Rondo back off the bench again, put LeBron at the point, and hopefully Vogel has enough stones to actually run his team and dictate where AD gets the ball sometimes.

Those '15 & '16 squads had consistent bench play. In particular with Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli, Iggy & Livingston, you knew what you were getting. They could score and defend at a decent clip.

I think with age and mileage starting to rot away Andre and Shaun, and the injuries to Klay and KD, they really need to focus on trying to get consistent, quality bench play again. Even with just Steph and Draymond, with a better bench, they'll still be a formidable team...

P Supreme likes this.
  11. P Supreme Registered

it boggles my mind that Lebron is not willing to do that it will conserve him for later in the season and playoffs but the dude loves padding his stats it will benefit them greatly to let Rondo run that squad
    and if they really wanted there new client AD to shine they would defer to him and Lebron be a #2 for the first time in his career and sacrifice some assist stats and let Rondo or Kemba run the squad
    but what can they get for the bench?

12. P Supreme Registered

and if you believe the reports that Lebron Respects Vogel on the strength of his playoff battles with IND when he was with the Heat then he should let Vogel use AD like he used Hibbert in that squad

13. Lobo Liv is Life

Conley traded to the Jazz today. I wonder how much movement we will see tomorrow during the draft?

14. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

I agree 100% on all counts, but everything hinges on LeBron doing something we haven't seen too many superstars do in general, not to mention all-time greats. And that's relinquish control. If he did that a little more in Cleveland, Kyrie probably stays.

He's certainly an upgrade over Rubio, who I assume will be on his way someplace else shortly. But yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nuts tomorrow, and this offseason in general...

15. P Supreme Registered

for sure but like you said what all time great is willing to do that in recent memory only Duncan did it to a degree Shaq but Shaq was well past his effectiveness so he had no choice

Kobe could have done it for Dwight in but we all know what happened and in the subsequent years Dwight has proven Kobe right not to have deferred to him

Lebron is way more equipped than anyone to still be dominant at the #2 to position but we will see I kind of see it happening but EGO is a mother******

16. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I hope the Knicks don't do anything crazy. Hopefully get a solid player. A young building block and don't panic into a poor decision.

17. P Supreme Registered

me either they have to take Barrett if that who is there and work from there except no trade offers AT ALL

18. killface Registered

watch them draft Bol Bol. he does well and averages 20 points - 10 rebounds - 3 assists - 2 blocks per game. after 8 games into the season he suffers a career ending injury.

such is the life of new york knickerbocker fan

19. Lobo Liv is Life

Knicks should just draft Barrett and be done with it. Don't F this up Perry and Mills

20. Lobo Liv is Life

Atlanta traded for the #4 pic per Woj

21. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I'm glad the Knicks didn't get too cute and took Barrett. Seems like a nice young man too. Now they need to play it smart in free agency.

Lobo likes this.
  22. Dr. Evil Registered

the NBA Draft is mass confusion when it comes to the trade of draft picks, moreso than the NFL. When a trade of picks is announced on ESPN, the NFL announces the trade being official within minutes. None of these trades can be confirmed until the start of free agency......in two weeks.

23. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

The regular season awards are delayed as hell now.

24. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

25. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave