NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

Congratulations Giannis truly worked hard to get that but the NBA needs to go back to awarding the awards during the first couple of weeks of the playoffs cause while deserved I can't help think how Klaw dominated him in that series

anyway classy [not] move on the rockets while congratulating Giannis they puffed up Harden manufactured stats and they wonder why they are despised outside of Houston

Considering how many times the Nets have botched things, not sure I'm willing to buy to this yet:

Those damn Nets may actually be a force this season.

My biggest worry with the Knicks isn't even KD and Kryie going to the Nets. It's them overreacting to the criticism coming their way and making a terrible trade or free agent signing in response.

Knicks are going to give Julius Randle a big contract. Watch.

I like him so I am fine with it if it happens. He is young too.

I'd be fine with Randle. I just want them to avoid the over the hill, past their prime veteran free agent signings or trading their draft picks for some brief and misguided back-page splash.

Looks like Jimmy Butler is going to MIA

Blazers have resigned Rodney Hood but it likely means that Enes Kanter is not returning. With Nurkic out for half the season due to his broken leg, they'll have to depend on Zach Collins and Meyers Leonard to man the position unless they make some type of trade/signing.

As of now, it really seems as if the rest of the league is waiting to see what Kawhi and Jimmy Butler do. Leonard decision either keeps Toronto a contender or makes another team a contender out West. Any deal for Butler will likely involve multiple teams to get it completed.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Butler is good but that dude treats NBA teams like one night stands.

Horford headed to Philly. Have to think they're the team to beat if Kawhi leaves Toronto.

Also appears that Kawhi is going to take his time deciding his future. With most of the big names off the board, it's looking like it'll come down to either the Lakers or Raptors for him.

Kawhi out here trolling.

Also, my God, 5Y/180M is a big number for Tobias Harris. Yeesh.

That's an odd fit but I guess it allows Curry to shift over to SG at times. To make it work, they've traded Iggy to Memphis but have received Shabazz Napier and Treveon Graham from the Nets.

Last edited:
So the Celtics kind of suck now?

The Knicks pulling a Knicks is so satisfying.

I think it'd be kinda funny if both LA teams and the Knicks got snubbed by all the major free agents this summer.

I think it'd be kinda funny if both LA teams and the Knicks got snubbed by all the major free agents this summer.
Lakers already won. But yeah, you'd think they'd get that third guy. Clippers getting no one is pretty sweet considering I detest them.

KD, at 85-90% of his old self is still good enough provided his leadership continues to improve, he showed a lot sacrificing his health for the team.

But for Kyrie, this season, essentially alone, is very important. I'm of the mind that if he were taller, he'd be in the best player discussion. He has one of the best post games as it is, finishes at the rim the best I've ever seen, best dribble I've ever seen. He's a magician, Houdini with shorts, drop him in the Hudson inside a padlocked coffin with a ball and he might escape.

BUT...he needs to be Houdini and not the Toxic Avenger in that locker room. Somehow all of Boston's issues were his fault in the eyes of the public, which is false, but he certainly didn't help that perception. Durant can't come back to an uncomfortable locker room situation or this team might crumble rather quickly...

As an organization you can't wait around and hope these all-stars huddle up and choose you to build their mini dream team. The Knicks have to do what most of the other clubs are forced to do. Something they haven't done in a long time. Build their team the old fashion way. Draft well. Smart trades. Solid free agent signings. There are no shortcuts. No sitting back and letting the players build the team for you. Actually do your job and put a team together, develop your own building blocks. Hopefully, R.J. Barrett can be one. Find more.

Portland is trading Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard for Hassan Whiteside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"