NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mister J, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Who wins?

1. Trail Blazers

8.3%
  2. Raptors

41.7%
  3. Warriors

33.3%
  4. Bucks

16.7%
  1. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

2. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Sounds like Miami could be a potential landing spot for CP3.

3. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

They're desperate. They took a step back last year, and Harden's window is going to start closing as well. Their whole organization is in flux, They're willing to gamble since the ingredients that they had certainly weren't going to get them to the Finals.

4. Doc Samson

Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Look man, all day, everywhere, I've seen nothing but disrespect and it's getting outta hand. Russell Westbrook is just some guy now??? I get it, high usage between those two, D'Antoni will have to figure it out, those two will have to figure it out.

But I guess it bears repeating, he's just some guy? That's what we're doing now???

OKC won 60 gms with Westbrook on the team. They made a Finals. Durant's best seasons came with Westbrook on his team. He led the league in scoring multiple times with Westbrook on his team. Paul George's best season came with Westbrook on his team. Somehow OKC's whole front line last year had career highs in rebounds and people still accuse them of letting Russell stat pad. Somehow.

Besides triple doubles, triple years, he's led the league in assists the past two years. Telepathically I guess he only passes when he can sense the other person will definitely score. Y'know, so he can keep those stats padded. I've never seen somebody play that hard, and get criticized for it. That's an oxymoron in itself. Suppose there are more moronic fans than I thought.

It's not guaranteed to work, I expect it probably won't to the tune of an NBA Finals appearance, but they're not worse. Two MVPs with a deep bench and shooters Russ didn't have in OKC? It could be much worse...

5. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Let's not forget that regardless of on-court skills, a broken personal relationship, especially between two stars, can sink a team. I think back to how Shaq & Kobe became toxic despite being a proven championship formula. Shaq and D-Wade reportedly had a much closer friendship than Shaq & Kobe (or even Shaq & Penny in Orlando) and Shaq clearly deferred offensive leadership to D-Wade on their way to the title in '06.

Harden might well have an easier time sharing the spotlight with someone whom he genuinely likes. That didn't seem to be the case with Harden & CP3.

6. ComicChick

ComicChick I Work Too Much

that's because CP3 is still mad that Harden burnt up his kitchen #statefarm

Lantern Venom likes this.
  7. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

:pal:

8. TheGuy

TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

US lost against France in FIBA World Cup.