NBA Thread of 2016/2017: Grand Finale...again

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Immortalfire, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Yeah. I know it's a shade early to announce the MVP (or not....:cwink:), but I wouldn't complain if either Steph or Kevin won it. KD has a leg up, but if Curry goes nuts on Friday, you never know. I'm more sure about the eventual champion than I am the MVP.

2. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Co-MVPs. I'd be good. But KD is goin to win it. Its the narrative now, even as Steph is averaging 29, 10 and 9 in the finals.

3. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

I never bought that because I'm a Mavs fan and I knew what they were getting. And the Korver stuff was way overblown. So he can hit a 3....now what do you do when he's trying to play defense?

But the Warriors offense is more tiring to cover. They are constantly in motion and force you to fight through screens all night. Plus going 1 on 1 is harder than playing a passing offense. So the same minutes for the Warriors is not as tiring as the same minutes for the Cavs. At one point, Kerr was reminding his team, "Make them work!". And after the game he got into the strategy.

[YT]_D27uapu0Qw[/YT]

He's supposed to be their big presence on the boards. Here is a rebounds comparison:

Thompson: 11
    Curry: 29

That's right...Steph Curry has almost 3 times the rebounds of the Cavs starting center.

Good point. The Cavs have a good team...but the Warriors are all time great. Great teams make players on the opposite team look bad.

KD also got to join a 73 win team that was already fully formed instead of forming a new team.

Seems coincidental that he is playing so much better than last year when he had a golden ticket to the Finals.

4. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

If they gave him more rest, the result would be worse IMO.

If you'll excuse the expression, "The Cavaliers just don't have enough horses". :facepalm:

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I disagree. Because one of the major problems is come the second half, the start overwhelming the Cavs because LeBron is out there, dead tired. He isn't even LeBron anymore by the end of the third. If he got to actually rest in the first half, he'd have more for that time.

Like as soon as Kyrie started going off, they should have sat LeBron.

#980 DarthSkywalker, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  6. Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

Like Luke Walton said, now is a pretty good time to rebuild because the Warriors aren't going anywhere for 2 years until we see possible contract issues for Klay and Green.

7. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

You saw me say it. But it's not the point.

8. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

It most certainly is. Because what you are suggesting is he must do something stupid, not go where he fits perfectly, because of some sort of ridiculous macho sports ideal that is so outdated it can't even be funny anymore.

Using your logic, if he lost to the Spurs last year, or didn't make the playoffs, this would be fine. But because he is actually good, its a problem. Its ridiculous.

9. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Maybe, but there's a possible downside to that. Without LeBron on the floor, Kyrie gets more attention and maybe not the same looks. You never know in a small space of time what's going to happen on the floor. The Lakers could outscore the Cavs starting 5 for 5 or so minutes, but it won't last forever. It's possible that with LeBron on the bench things work out okay, but it's also possible that they get out of hand.

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

It has been getting out of hand every game. Even last night, with LeBron on he court at the end of the game, they got outscored 11-0.

11. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

This is not something I made up. It's a pretty popular opinion. Hell, people within the last 5 pages have said the same thing. You're not going to be able to win this debate in a world where LeBron still catches hell for colluding with Wade and Bosh in Miami.

12. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I think it's a pretty popular opinion that Kevin did absolutely nothing wrong in leaving his old team for a new one AND I don't think LeBron is catching hell for leaving Cleveland YEARS ago.

A semi-thoughtful human being is, IMO, going to realize he has every right to play where he wants as a free agent and isn't calling him names or impugning his integrity because he wants to win a championship (or multiple championships) "IF" they take a second to think about it. A certain group of fans are always going to have extreme, unreasonable opinions about this sort of thing, but he has the same rights as a bench warmer, starter, or superstar....or as us when his contract is up.

13. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

...wow. Are you a Golden State fan?

:o

14. hitmanyr2k Resident Lurker

Cmon, Lebron's 2011 choke had nothing to do with being on a new team. Let's throw that argument out of the window right now. That series was there for the taking. With the Heat up 2-1 in the series there's no way in hell in his absolute physical peak that Lebron should be scoring 8 points in a Finals game after Marion did this to him and called him a b****.

[YT]0Cbt2UXgB2M[/YT]

In fact make that 6 points because Lebron actually got 2 fraudulent free throws from this **** in the same game. There's simply no excuse. Wade showed up, Bosh showed up. The game went down to the final 30 seconds. If Lebron plays a C- game instead of shriveling on the court the Heat most likely come out with a win and take the series.

[YT]E_EGAA8gXdI[/YT]

Durant is on a superteam and he took a shortcut (like Lebron) but there's no doubt he's making the most of his opportunity and playing like he knows he's the best player on the floor.

15. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

So is that finals appearances don't matter, rings do. But you seem to change whether popular opinion matters on whether it fits your argument or not. :cwink:

16. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Nope. Can't stand them. Lifelong Laker fan and, as I said earlier, one that's been suffering for the last few years. :csad:

17. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Huh? Emoticons don't really work if you aren't making sense. You're better than this.

:o

18. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Oh. Well, you'll see that I praised Durant and this team. I have no personal ill will towards them. Hell, I don't know if I could have resisted making the GS jump either. Like I said, it was like moving from flipping burgers to being a top exec of a congolomate. It's just still a b**** move to me.

19. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I accept your surrender.

20. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Then we all make b**** moves.

I like the Santa Cruz Warriors though (the D League Team). They built a pavilion down on Pacific Street (just south of the mall) off Laurel St. Me and my buddy used to go to this little dive bar downtown before the games and sit in the second row (benches....ouch). :woot:

21. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Its only a ***** move because he's good. That is what makes this hilarious. It is an argument with no logic. Durant has to harm himself to not be a *****. It makes no logical sense at all. :funny:

22. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

He went to GS to get a championship. He had them damn near beaten 3-1 in the WCF last year and he joined them. That is my gripe. As was said here already, it was a Willy Wonka golden ticket. If "ring chaser" has a negative connotation, this is the shining example of that. To each his own. Accept your "victory" if it makes you feel better.

[​IMG]

23. TheCommissioner Registered

"ring chaser" pfft

one makes the best decision for them and them alone

24. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Yeah. I tend to agree. If he was some scrub, no one would care. He makes the same move just about any other player makes and because he's (literally) an all time great, lock 1st ballot hall of fame member, it's a slimy (preferable word even if it isn't spelled out) move on his part. I don't really buy it. I left a job for a 33% pay increase 3 years ago. It benefited me and my family and no one gave me an ounce of $#!t. Kevin's doing what's right for him and his family and I'm not taking any potshots at him. Nor did I take any at LeBron when he went to Miami (other than the WAY he did it....that was bush).

25. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Your gripe was he was good enough to get the hobbled Warriors to 3-1 down last year, so he can't go there. Its terrible logic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.