NBC's ''The Blacklist''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I really liked this one, didn't know what to expect going in since I only saw one ad for it but it really looks like it could be something special. Loving Spader in his role and the lead chick seemed interesting as well

So [BLACKOUT]is James "Ultron" Spader the FBI agent's dad?[/BLACKOUT]

If he [BLACKOUT]is her father, then I don't think she is the same kid he abandoned and left with his wife.[/BLACKOUT] They would be able to piece that together pretty quick.

More than a bit. He abandoned his family and she was abandoned by her father I believe was stated. The FBI don't even know about her father's criminal background. The only thing is that she should be able to connect the dots if everything lined up so well.

I'm guessing he has to her actual biological father or connected to her in some other similar form.

This was really good. Interesting concept and I liked the two main leads

Pretty good start for the show but hopefully like other shows it will start to pick up speed and be a little more intense.

Only things I didn't care for are the lead actress and there was a scene that felt like it was written by Goyer and Nolan. Unless I missed something, how in the bad place did the terrorist group know they would be on that bridge with the generals daughter. The plan seemed too perfect despite relying on a lot of luck.

Last edited:
I believe that [BLACKOUT]Reddington set everything up to make the FBI trust him going forward so he could eliminate everyone on his list[/BLACKOUT]

Possibly.

That seemed a bit implied.
Strongly implied but I'm thinking he could also be a former associate of her criminal father.

Also, her husband's true identity will probably be a major plot point as well. He could have been feeding Reddington information about her so that he knows how to play with her mind.

Spader being her father would be cheap. I think they could pull off something much more interesting if he was an associate of her father's.

Spader being her father would be cheap. I think they could pull off something much more interesting if he was an associate of her father's.
Maybe even hint her dad is still alive and knows where he is. Her continued help could eventually make him drop some of those clues.

Maybe he's the father of the husband and is just trying to get to know her daughter in law.

So he allowed his son to be tortured to get to know his daughter-in-law?

Ehh....

Estranged father...its just that him being her father just feels so expected. Its all how you execute it but still.

More than a bit. He abandoned his family and she was abandoned by her father I believe was stated. The FBI don't even know about her father's criminal background. The only thing is that she should be able to connect the dots if everything lined up so well.

I'm guessing he has to her actual biological father or connected to her in some other similar form.
I think he will be her dad. In spite of Spader's greatness, I didn't see much that was really original here. Spader's is enough for me to stick with it for a time, but it will have to get a bit better for me to stay long term.

I liked it even though I thought it was over edited and too slick for it's own good at times. Spader played his part well but I hope they don't make Reddington omnipotent. I couldn't help but wonder if the legend he has created is actually false to a degree and he had to go so deep into that world 20 years ago in order to protect his family from the Government he served, but Spader is so smug I'm not sure he could pull off being the wronged good guy.

I liked the lead actress and the final reveal that her hubby is obviously a Spy of some sort is interesting, I'm glad the reason Reddington had contempt for him wasn't for something lame like he was cheating on her, I just hope the reason behind him wanting to deal only with Elizabeth isn't because he's her Dad.

I noticed Joe Carnahan directed it and I thought the action sequence on the bridge was excellent, near movie quality.

I'm I the only one who thinks the lead actress favors a young Reiko Aylesworth from 24? :)

Good call, she's beautiful, I liked her (briefly) on Blue Bloods.

It was okay. The action on the bridge was nice but was something that should have been avoided. The feds rolled up on Liz's home with copters & a small army. They dialed it back to just 3 SUVs w/ no air support ahead of them to check routes despite knowing the girl was a high valued target.

The husband's got some explaining to do. Wonder if he's the reason Liz's family history regarding her father was overlooked by the feds. Let's say he's a former U.S. spy & he pulled some favors (without her knowledge) to hide it so she can go to Quantico & land this job. Nothing shady just a guy wanting to be a good hubby.

Was that FX's the Americans' Nina? I know that was Brody's bestie from Homeland.

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch the first episode...I'm hooked! James Spader is captivating as Reddington and Megan Boone's Agent Keen is a likable heroine. Between this show, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow and Revolution (along with a few other guilty pleasures), I'll be watching more episodic television this season than I have in a long time!

Yeah. If Spader is the father, then the writers are not being subtle at all. It almost feels like they are trying to create the illusion that he is the father. Him being the father feels like a red herring. I'd say it is more likely that the father is the ultimate target of the Blacklist. Reddington referred to himself as "Ahab." I think that Elizabeth's father is Reddington's white whale.

Last edited:
Was that FX's the Americans' Nina? I know that was Brody's bestie from Homeland.
I kept looking at him saying, "I know that dude from somewhere..." :p

I think him being the Father would just be a bit to obvious and I hope the show doesn't go that route. Overall I liked the pilot I will be turning in each Monday. James Spader is just creepy as bad place.

Wonder if the husband is bad or not. I hope not, as I was really liking him.

Wow! This show is fantastic!!!!!! I almost didn't even watch it. Glad I did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"