NBC's ''The Blacklist''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me that in the next episode Liz's hubby is suddenly gonna start speaking Russian/czech fluently with an accent.

kinda like Nina Myers :o

So did she leave his secret stash stuff out of the secret stash? Kind of hard to pretend you don't know that way...

The Courier was a cool villain, shame he got bumped off straight away. Next week looks like it will see the stuff with Liz and her husband come to a head which is good, keeps the plots ticking along. Red vs Apple man is intriguing.

1. Maybe it's childish, but... Oooh, Ressler got knocked out by a girl! The hand to hand on this show is just tops. It's the equal of ARROW, but where thatshow is more on the flashy side (no future pun intended) this is just down and dirty. Great stuff.

2. I really cannot tell if Red really cares about Liz or if he's playing her MORE than he already is. He's using her, but for sure with this Blacklist Gambit, but it's really unclear if he has a deeper attachment, something honest or true. Funny using the words "honest" in reference to Red, I know.

3. Zanetakos was another well cast Blacklister. I imagine her being like a down to Earth MCU Black Widow. If there is more to her and Tom I guess it'll come out in the future.

4. Apple Jack: Agent for the Advesary? Well, we know he's not American at least.

I like how this is all played out. So far, though Red has been key in saving lives and such, they aren't trying to convince us he's a good guy underneath it all or that this is all some noble crusade. It could be, but even after all the positive things he's done there is still an appropriate atmosphere of mistrust, and I'm happy Liz feels the same way.

I still think that there is *something* about the husband. Something so deep that even Red can't immediately expose it, even with his scheming. That, or Shubie covered for him.

Also, there was something I noticed last night: from certain angles (especially the front), Megan Boone looks a lot like James Spader (in a good way). She has expressions that remind me of Spader. Especially around the lip and chin area. Makes you wonder.

blacklist_the_freelancer.jpg

Cant figure out if the husband is good or bad. He seemed to be honest that he was innocent and knows nothing. But who knows. Id rather him not be bad

Up to now, the writing/directing has been topnotch. But I found last night's ep. to be conspicuously inferior.

Still kinda weird seeing "Skinny Pete" as anything but a meth-head lol

On the surface Tom seems genuine but I thought he was a bit too eager to go into the FBI and sort things out, normal people would be a lot more freaked out than he was over what he "found" in his house. Also, while we know Red can't be fully trusted, why go to all this effort to set him up if he is just an ordinary guy?

I think Tom wanted to get inside Lizzie's workplace so he could maybe sneak a look at the case board.

I want Tom to be innocent and unconnected to Red, or any conspiracy... But I have to say, the fact that he fingered Red's aide de campe does stick out. Of course if I were the "Adversary" I think I might live by the adage of "Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer."

How exactly did Tom find the box anyway? He just HAPPENED to pull up the rug and open a secret compartment?

I was thinking that too. How exactly did he find this cleverly hidden box? Although if he were being set up it might have been a little too much to do this whole hidden box thing with his stuff in it.

Not to mention it's a lot of effort to set up someone by cutting a hole in the floor to make this fake compartment and then stuff all this fake information in it with the murder weapon. Wouldn't it have been easier to put them somewhere not obvious but less convoluted?

I hope we see Zanetakos again. I loved her. Anyway, I still think the husband is just a very, very good actor and playing everyone.

Still don't trust the husband. Can't trust anything he says because the way he switched it up on Liz in the opening scene. The guy's a quick thinking chameleon. He & the Russian know each other & covered their bases. They have to be working for Red's rival with the way they pointed all blame towards Red & his people.

Interesting that Red kind of teared up when Liz ended their relationship for the time being. Father & daughter is looking stronger.

Still don't know what to make out of Apple Jack.

What did you think of Ressler getting beaten the **** out of by that Russian girl Zanetakos... must be pretty embarrassing for him

Calling it now, towards the end of the season Lizzy's life will be in danger , and they will send one of the FBI guys (probably Ressler) to guard Liz's house and Tom as well, thats when Tom will make his move and ends up killing Ressler or that other chick.

^I am actually leaning more towards Tom not making it past the season finale, whether or not he's an innocent bystander or an active player in the conspiracies surrounding Liz and Red.

Red appears sincere in his claims of Tom's infidelity and culpability in the Angel Station hit on the FSB agent. Granted how much sincerity should you expect from a character that has flat out said he is not to be trusted? On the other hand the actor playing Tom is doing a great job playing things in a manner where you think things could go either way.

Right now I'm of the mind that so far it's 50/50 as to whether Tom get's the bittersweet sendoff of being cleared in Liz's eyes before an untimely death at the hands of The Advesary's agents, or if he dies by Red/Liz's hands after the breath of his betrayal of his wife's trust is revealed. I still haven't the foggiest as to how Apple Jack even fits into everything.

P.S. If/when Tom get's offed it will open a spot on the cast and I say fill it with none other than Michael Weston himself, Jeff Donovan. I could actually see him as The Advesary, and I know he and Spader would play off each other well. MAKE IT HAPPEN NBC!

Last edited:
Last night was okay. Didn't care for the blacklisted of the week. Was more interested in why the house was bought. Then Red revealed it as his former home and blew it up. I think he's trying to cover all traces of his former life from his "adversary" he briefly spoke of a few episodes back.

Next week looks interesting. With Red's movements being the most interesting part again.

Last night's episode was cut off at the end for me due to breaking news :(

Liz husband seems to good to be true. I'm inclined to believe Reddington that he is shady.

Red buying and blowing up his family home was interesting. I think Reds family was killed and his daughter (possibly Lizzy) was taken in by the people she believed where her parents.

I'm surprised Liz hasn't done a DNA test with to see if they are related. You would think she would want to know why he was so interested in her. Even if his not her father he might be her uncle or something.

who knew Robert Sean Leonard could be so evil lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back