NBC's The Office: Second Season

rdh007 said:
That's it. I'm getting Scrantonicity to play my buddy's bachelor party.

What song were they singing on the demo tape? I can't recall.

Seems kind of strange that Packer missed out on this event.

Matis17 said:
Seems kind of strange that Packer missed out on this event.

I thought the same thing, but with Michael's storyline of the two girl, Packer would've only been a distraction...especially since Michael's story was limited to begin with being as Jim and Pam were at center stage.

Matt said:
I thought the same thing, but with Michael's storyline of the two girl, Packer would've only been a distraction...especially since Michael's story was limited to begin with being as Jim and Pam were at center stage.

I agree, Packer would have been distracting and useless to the development of both plotlines/subplots. And since he's such a minor character anyway, there's no reason to even bother coming up with an excuse as to why he didn't attend.

2 HOUR OF THE OFFICE TONIGHT!!

i just tuned in to see if they're showing old episodes of the office and my name is earl and boom! 2 hours of the office... sweet.

Matt said:

With the extra eight minutes in the BBC series, they were able to include the Chris Finch/Packer character at parties.

slinger said:
With the extra eight minutes in the BBC series, they were able to include the Chris Finch/Packer character at parties.

But David Brent did not have a similar story to Michael's two love interests in the BBC Christmas Special (Which is the equivilant to this episode)...so they were able to fit in Finch. Packer on the other hand can really only play off Michael who had his story tied up.

Matt said:
But David Brent did not have a similar story to Michael's two love interests in the BBC Christmas Special (Which is the equivilant to this episode)...so they were able to fit in Finch. Packer on the other hand can really only play off Michael who had his story tied up.

Well it was also a 40 minute episode so that probably meant it was 30 minutes long. The American version has done the smart thing and has done more with the other employees. Imagine if Packer ended up with a drunken Jan?

Season 2 DVDs
Posted by David Lambert 6/18/2006

A couple of weeks ago we advised you that Jenna Fischer of NBC's The Office had posted on her blog some info about the upcoming second season DVD release. She said that the package would be available around September, and talked about extras planned, including Commentary Tracks and some Home Movie Footage that she herself shot.

Now another cast member, Angela Kinsey (who's character has the same first name, "Angela"), has posted on her own blog a bunch of info related to the DVDs. It was posted this past Thursday, June 15th:

Well I have a little bit of scoop for you about the Season 2 DVD. We all worked on the commentary this past week. It was great to see everyone. Doing commentary is kinda random. You sit in a cirlce [sic] at a big table facing each other. With a big microphone in front of you and a tv. They play the episode and you watch it and comment on stuff. Sometimes I'd say something and think, "Oh for goodness sakes, why'd I say that?! Who's gonna care about that tidbit?!" But we did laugh a lot. I think you can tell how much we really enjoy each other and what we get to do for a living. Now here's some scoop. . . I've been told the Season 2 DVD will have hours of deleted scenes that have never been shown anywhere and are really funny, the webisodes, the psas, the olympic promos, the commentaries, basically hours and hours of extras on a four disc set. Also Jenna shot a lot of behind the scenes footage with her camcorder and some of that is supposed to be on there as well. It should hit the stores in September a few weeks before our Season 3 starts!

The webisodes are set to start airing on nbc.com on July 13th. They are about 2 minutes in length. There are ten and they will air one a week for ten weeks---I believe. Again they feature the supporting cast. Kevin, Oscar, Phyllis, Meredith, Stanley, Roy, Jan, Angela and a cameo by Dwight.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5871

I missed the season finale because my cable went out that night. Are they ever going to replay it?

ToddIsDead said:
I missed the season finale because my cable went out that night. Are they ever going to replay it?

You should just download it if you can.

WallCrawl said:
You should just download it if you can.
I would, but it usually takes me about 16 hours to download a 22 minute show. I don't even know how long it would take for the longer finale. I don't like leaving my laptop on for that long. I'll just wait for the rerun.

www.tvshowsondvd.com said:
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday we posted news about NBC's The Office - Season 2 coming to DVD, but all we had to go on was a couple of blog entries by cast members. Now Universal has formally announced the title this morning!

This 4-DVD set (single sided discs) will ship on September 12th. Cost is $49.98 SRP for right at 8 hours of cubical comedy. Extras aren't included in the announcement, but according to the cast blog entries we'll see Deleted Scenes, Commentary Tracks, Webisodes (which begin showing at NBC.com on July 13th), Olympic promos, PSAs, and behind-the-scenes footage shot by Jenna Fischer ("Pam").

Picture will be Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1) and sound is English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround. English and Spanish subtitles are also on board. Stay tuned for cover art and for the official list of bonus materials, just as soon as the studio makes them available.

OfficeS2Art.jpg

Sept. 12? Sweeeet. :up:

.....Ever wish that you had a time machine?:(

I like Jim and Pam together... it reminds me of myself... but then again, if it was the same, Pam wouldn't go with Jim...

is anybody here actually from scranton or live there? i have a friend down there whom i visit every now and then and i always tell him about the show, but i don't think he's caught it yet.

I hate the cover art for season two. This is an ensemble show. Steve Carell is only one part of it. There is no reason for Michael to be the only character on the cover.

it is an ensemble show, but steve carell is the biggest star they've got. with his success in the 40 year old virgin, i'm sure this is just a way to gather some extra interest in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"