NBC's The Office: Second Season

I just started watching this show. It's pretty funny. Office Olympics was my first episode. I just have a question. Why do they talk into the camera? Is it supposed to be that the viewer is in the room or something?

It's shot documentary style - the interviews and stuff solidify that. They look at the camera because it's a documentary camera crew there.

spidey-dude said:
i havnt seen the us version, is it as good as the uk one???? the only other show ive seen go from uk to us is red dwarf and that was crap compared, how does this one fare???

Red Dwarf is not F*****g Crap!!!

I think he means the US version:o

And I think you mean the UK version, but I might be wrong:confused:

I like that this seasons they are making Michael Scott a bit more sympathetic, as opposed to just an outright ******* who thinks everyone likes him (first season). It is much more like his British counterpart.

Matt said:
I like that this seasons they are making Michael Scott a bit more sympathetic, as opposed to just an outright ******* who thinks everyone likes him (first season). It is much more like his British counterpart.

I figured they would. It's a necessary step, to continue otherwise would just make Michael one dimensional.

Matt said:
I actually never even noticed that in the British version (except after he got fired), but I guess youre right. When I coaxed masteryoda into buying the DVDs, he got season 2 first, and said he didnt understand why i called David Brent such a prick, until he saw the first season.

But Michael Scott is still a prick to me, much like David Brent.:)

How many seasons do you think this show will have?I know they work in an office,but Pam seems to be wearing the same thing on every episode.Can't she wear a different color shirt or something,lol.

CantThinkOfAName said:
I actually never even noticed that in the British version (except after he got fired), but I guess youre right. When I coaxed masteryoda into buying the DVDs, he got season 2 first, and said he didnt understand why i called David Brent such a prick, until he saw the first season.

But Michael Scott is still a prick to me, much like David Brent.:)

I don't think Michael Scott is trying to be a prick though. I think he is in general a decent guy, atleast he tries to be. Granted, his sense of humor may be a little off...and he takes things too far, but I think he really does care about his employees. I read in the TV guide preview for this season, that Michael is going to have to fire someone and it is going to upset him quite a bit.

Matt said:
I don't think Michael Scott is trying to be a prick though. I think he is in general a decent guy, atleast he tries to be. Granted, his sense of humor may be a little off...and he takes things too far, but I think he really does care about his employees. I read in the TV guide preview for this season, that Michael is going to have to fire someone and it is going to upset him quite a bit.
He made the new guy go out early in the morning to get him an Egg McMuffin:(

I just saw an episode of the british version and it was the same premise of this show.

It had the boss make a racial comment and they had to talk about it.

There was a fire drill and the Dwight character was acting like he ran the place, like tonights episode.

Holy shiite, this episode rocks, hahaha

Ah when women get jealous, so quaint!

RYAN STARTED THE FIRE IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD WAS TURNING

Man, I have had "Ryan Started the Fire" in my head since it ended.

Unleashed said:
I just saw an episode of the british version and it was the same premise of this show.

It had the boss make a racial comment and they had to talk about it.

There was a fire drill and the Dwight character was acting like he ran the place, like tonights episode.

There's a reason for that, the British version is the original. The first episode of the US version was pretty much the same as the 1st episode of the original british version. It started branching out after that, but still pulled elements from the british one here and there.

The episode you saw was the first of the second season.

It's a good thing they didn't copy the exact same script like the US version of Coupling.

Last night's was great... Steve Carell is possibly the funniest actor working right now.

Last night's was great... Steve Carell is possibly the funniest actor working right now.

Anyone watch tonight? The Dwight/Michael fight was hillarious. I also like that it's not above pointing out it's own absurdity...

Jim: The Albany office is working through lunch to avoid being downsized. Michael extended lunch by an hour so we could all go to the dojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"