NBC's ''Timeless''

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/08/shawn-ryan-eric-kripke-time-travel-action-drama-series-nbc-1201507007/
Shawn Ryan & Eric Kripke Time-Travel Action Drama Lands Big NBC Commitment
by Nellie Andreeva

Time, an action adventure drama from Supernatural creator Eric Kripke and The Shield creator Shawn Ryan, has livened up a sleepy drama marketplace, sparking a bidding among the Big 4 networks. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Davis Entertainment, ended up going to NBC with a pilot production commitment.

Described as “Back to the Future meets Mission: Impossible”, Time is a high-octane hour about an unlikely trio traveling through time to battle unknown criminals in order to protect history as we know it. Ryan and Kripke are co-writing the script and will executive produce with Davis Entertainment’s John Davis and John Fox.

I hear Kripke and Davis Entertainment thought about exploring the arena of a big-scale, adventure time-travel drama. They reached out to Ryan, who is working on two series for Sony TV, Mad Dogs at Amazon and The Get Down at Netflix. Kripke and Ryan, both under overall deals at Sony TV, hit it off and within weeks crafted the storyline and characters for Time.

This marks the third consecutive big drama sale to NBC for Davis and Sony TV. The other two resulted in series orders for The Blacklist and the upcoming Las Vegas actioneer The Player. Davis also just sold a 1970s Vegas comedy to Fox.

Ryan is repped by WME, The Shuman Co. and Michael Gendler. Kripke is with WME and Rick Genow.
Still wish Revolution had worked out. The second season was better than the first.

sounds similar to time cop

I wasn't a fan of revolution. I wanted to like it but after a few episodes I gave up

It also sounds similar to the Time Patrol from Poul Anderson.
Let's hope it will be good, I like time travel stories.

I'm always up for a time travel show. Last one I remember that was good was Journeyman which was canned after 1 season by.... oh crap. Let's hope NBC gives this show a chance.

and let's not forget the old time-travel show, Time Trax, from about 1990... time travel shows are always a tricky thing to handle... I don't think it's gonna work, based on past shows like this, but I've always loved this kind of s**t, so I'll check it out...

don;t forget about Quantum leap!! then their i was time traveler show in the 1990s called seven days!!

Time travel done right can be fun to watch but all too often tv shows completely screw it up and it becomes really stupid and poorly thought out.

Sounds interesting. Plus, Neil Marshall directing :up:.

Abigail Spencer is in this? She's sexy enough to warrant a look.

Matt Lanter is a bit boring though. He's kind of like a young version of Marc Blucas who was just as boring.

The premise of this doesn't sound that different from Legends of Tomorrow though.

When is this supposed to shoot?

Reasonably soon...

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/706688223141990400
Eric Kripke
‏@therealKripke

Alright people. I'm back in Vancouver. Felt a little bit like coming home. And so it begins. Wish us luck on the #Time pilot, #SPNFamily.
https://twitter.com/abigailspencer/status/707401731966042113
Abigail Spencer
‏@abigailspencer

first cast photo! Cracker Jack ______ travel team! @malcolmbarrett @mattlanter #time

CdEyHe1UIAA3ogZ.jpg

They've started shooting?

[YT]4glJzvUunOE[/YT]

From Eric Kripke and the producers of The Blacklist comes a thrilling new action-adventure series. Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter and Malcolm Barrett star as a team chasing a criminal intent on destroying America through time

Timeless Trailer
[YT]4glJzvUunOE[/YT]

Could we get ourselves a title change?

Looks good, nice to see Abigail Spencer getting a lead role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"