Neal Adam's Batman Odyssey

I like that belt, a quite spiffy take on the pouch look.

zvr0qq.jpg

I'm not sure if that's even Batman in the 5th and 6th panel, look at his mask and ears. They look different from those in panel 3.

Nobody noticed?

The art will definately be good, but I'm skeptical on Miller's writing. His all star Batman and Robin was somewhat just good for laughs in my opinion, but it was ok I guess.

The art will definately be good, but I'm skeptical on Miller's writing. His all star Batman and Robin was somewhat just good for laughs in my opinion, but it was ok I guess.

It will all be Neal Adams now including the writing, but maybe he will still use some of Miller's ideas.

Miller was just helping out with the dialogue anyhow. Neal Adams already stated Batman will be gruff. So even withouth Miller we will see some hardcore Batman in this.

I'm not sure if that's even Batman in the 5th and 6th panel, look at his mask and ears. They look different from those in panel 3.

Nobody noticed?

Yeah, I noticed. It's Batman. Neal Adams explained:

Newsarama: "Odyssey" implies that it covers a long time period. Since you mentioned Batman with guns, which was very early in his crime-fighting career, will this comic be covering a long span of time?
Neal Adams: Well, we have this magical thing we call a flashback. So the story doesn't really take place over a long period of time, but you do get flashbacks that make the point even more clear, revealing the parts that add up to the whole.
But yes, it flashes back to the very beginning. Batman's very first case. "Why are my ears flopping in the breeze? I guess I'd better make them stiffer."
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/neal-adams-batman-odyssey-100409.html

qrbvo0.jpg

BATMAN: ODYSSEY #2
Written by NEAL ADAMS
Art by NEAL ADAMS
1:25 Sketch variant cover by NEAL ADAMS
Neal Adams’s ODYSSEY ramps up as The Caped Crusader slowly but surely loses control. A dark presence lurking in the background begins pulling Bruce’s strings…who is responsible? This second chapter is a tour de force of action as the greatest crime fighter on earth displays his vicious combat skills. What else can you expect? Adams’s art at its best!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale August 4 • 2 of 6 • 40pg, fc, $3.99

Yeah this is really going to be some violent stuff. :D

Liking the utily belt design. I wonder if DC will just copy the design when Bruce comes back, blue/dark belt with a yellow front. :) Aquaman is looking quite outrageous too.

Neal Adams proves that even at his age he can still draw better than the young punks in comics today.

Neal Adams....always great work from him.

Holy Cat-thongs, Batman! Why hasnt noone told me about Neal Adams and Frank Miller's upcoming Batman: Odyssey mini?!?!

6-8 issues long.
Sneak Peek
Possible CGI Promotion for Odyssey

Dan Didio hints the serie:
batod4.jpg

Ah Batman and guns. The perfect combonation. <3 ;)

batod1.jpg

batod3.jpg

batod2.jpg

bat11.jpg

bat21.jpg

Sunday Morning with Neal Adams

Interview with Neal Adams:

Older Interview with Neal Adams:

So let's wrap this up:
Pencils: Neal Adams
Story: Neal Adams
Inks: Various
Dialogue: Frank Miller.

Looking good. :) Ofcourse some people will now make jokes about "Dick Grayson. Age Twelve" but this isn't Miller's comic so the editor can't just be okay with Miller doing his own gig and i doubt Miller would put his own Batman for Neal's work.

Looks pretty good. Just when I thought I was out of the comics world, they pull me back in. . . . . :word:

Yep. Deadman and Aquaman so far have been confirmed to appear.

Aquaman's redesign is quote outrageous! :D :p

Very interesting to see Bruce comitting a murder. Alot of writers have had the early Batman make someone commit suicide or not rescue them from a death trap, but Neal Adams has balls by having Bruce actually kill someone. Really interested in this project.

To me that last page looks like it's all some virtual reality/Danger Room simulation. Perhaps that's the point, it's easy to use guns in a fantasy setting, but in real life?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"