Comics Need help with Chronological Order 1986-Next Reboot

Ben_Reilly

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm not usually in this section, I usually stick to just Spider-Man.
But I remember reading some stories in the early 90s and wanted to try again to get into Superman.
I found out that those issues were part of a 1985/6/7 reboot, so I would like to start there.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a complete, comprehensive, chronological reading order from then until the next reboot, what ever that is. Zero Hour, I believe...
Also, I remember seeing something about a Red and a Blue Electric Superman. Is that the same continuity? Or is it a different one?
Thanks in advance.

Hi. Superman isn't my thing, so I can't help you with the chronological reading order. But just as some general info,

1985/1986's Crisis on Infinite Earths was a reboot of the whole DCU. Zero Hour: Crisis in Time came along in 1994, but wasn't a reboot as such, more an attempt to rectify a few glitches caused by/resulting from CoIE. The DCU as a whole actually kept to one continuous continuity from CoIE, through Zero Hour, through Infinite Crisis in 2005/2006 (which changed a few things, but didn't actually change the continuity the characters were in), right up to Flashpoint in 2011 (the next actual reboot - aided and abetted by Rebirth, in 2016).

Might be of some use to you in your DC reading :yay:

Okay, thanks.
I'm still looking for info myself. For some reason, it seems hard to find info about DC and the reading orders because of all the reboots.
All the info is jumbled online.
I still can't find out what the Superman titles were outside of Superman and Action Comics during this period.
It almost seems as insane as trying to find the correct volume of some of the X-Men series'. Almost.
X-Men is/was a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"