Neon Genesis Evangelion Mega Thread

yeah, you almost don't realize what it is

MaskedManJRK said:
...Jerk-off scene? :o

Yes, there's a jerk-off scene. You don't see anything, except for the aftermath. The creepy part is that you lightly hear the fapping.

I really doubt we will see end of evangelion.

And really, its not worth seeing.

I disagree, I thought it was incredible. In fact, it's probably the anime DVD I own I've watched the most

TheVileOne said:
You have interesting tastes Elijya :) .
alot of people are torn on EoE. I'm just on the side that liked it.

Yeah, I'm going to see it after I finish the series.

I just hope the jerk-off scene isn't what makes it such a mindf**k. :o

MaskedManJRK said:

Eh,just watch the movie,you'll understand.Too many pure visual scenes to describe.

Regarding the original anime ending( ep.25 and 26),I believe Shinji states it better than me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEmnmxBgOw&search=Neon%20Genesis%20Evangelion%20episodeshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEmnmxBgOw&search=Neon Genesis Evangelion episodes

MaskedManJRK said:

no, I think it's more the 20 straight minutes with no dialogue, just music, images, and screaming

and then there's the part where it insults the audience :D

"They ran outta ink too? Didn't they, the bastards."

Elijya said:
no, I think it's more the 20 straight minutes with no dialogue, just music, images, and screaming

Goddamnit, don't tempt me! I'm this close to saying "f**k it" to the rest of the episodes and getting End! :mad:

Elijya said:

There was music playing? I only remember strange screaming.

let's not forget about the live action sequences

Well, I got the forth DVD, forgetting that I didn't see the third. I got most of it, but there's one thing I don't get:

What was it with the guy (don't remember his name, the guy that's banging Senji's caretaker lady whose name I don't remember either) and something about "Adam?" I'd get the third one, but after seeing the forth, I just want to grab the fifth and see what happens next.

are you talking about Misato?

Adam was the first angel.

Tsunulia said:
are you talking about Misato?

Adam was the first angel.

Yeah, I figured that out when I got the fifth DVD.

Okay, few thoughts I had:

About Senji and the last Angel...we were supposed to think there was something...you know...between them, right? Just want to make sure.

Also, it said that the last episode on that DVD was the last one, yet there's another DVD with it. What's on that one? Is that the End stuff?

I have to say, this was some incredible stuff. I don't even mind Senji being such a man-b***h half the time, because of how he resolved it at the end. I'm not sure if this is answered in the next stuff or not, but do they mention that because of his changing of his perspectives, does that mean that everything we saw before might not be true anymore? The end with everyone congratulating him, even Amora (I think that's right, the German chick) and his father.

By the way, I found a song that seems to fit the themes of the show. It's called "Annihilation" from A Perfect Circle.

Here's the site where you can listen to it: http://www.myspace.com/the1hollow

And here's the lyrics:

From dehumanization to arms production,
For the benefit of the nation or its destruction

Power, power, the law of the land,
Those living for death will die by their own hand,
Life's no ordeal if you come to terms,
Reject the system dictating the norms

To hasten the nation towards its destruction

To hasten the nation towards its destruction

To hasten this nation towards its destruction,
It's your choice, your choice, your choice, your choice,
Peace or annihilation

can somone awnser these two questions for me.

1. When does unit 1 get those cool glowing wings that they show in the theme song?

and

2. Can somone explain to me what the last two episodes of the series is supposed to mean because I just finished watching them and it went right over my head.

Venom160 said:

1. When does unit 1 get those cool glowing wings that they show in the theme song?

and

2. Can somone explain to me what the last two episodes of the series is supposed to mean because I just finished watching them and it went right over my head.

You mean of the series itself or End?

Venom160 said:

and

you have to figure it out on your own:down

I'm thinking about buying EoE sometime in the near future (I haven't seen it before), but there's something I need to know. My younger brother (who's 16) is probably going to be watching it, and aside from the gratuitous violence and jerk-off scene (which we'll likely be chapter-skipping), is there anything else I should be aware of before sitting him down infront of it? I know Rei is naked in the movie but it's "barbie doll-esque", correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"