Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

This is a clickbait channel. Dude talks about new footage. WHAT NEW FOOTAGE?! WHAT EASTER EGGS?! There are none! It's just some of the set photos from Season 2 that he probably stole and didn't even credit the source.

I found the video pretty informative and decent. Dont care much about the clickbate titles.

I know it was unrealistic, but I really wanted Luke Skywalker for uncle V. That said, I am just happy he is going to be on next season.

I think Vysogota would be a much better, and likely bigger, role for Hamill if Netflix lets them get that far in the story.

I think if you want Mark Hamill, get him as a one-off or guest character who will be on for a couple episodes just to say "Hey, it's Mark Hamill, he's playing a memorable guest character in the show."

But even then, I don't really see the point. Hamill isn't really of a fan of the material and doesn't really have a connection here, other than that some people on social media campaigned for him to get the role of Vesemir.

I'd give them an entire tub if they could get back to work (and if I could find any. All these hoarders... :argh:).

Always intended to watch Season 1 again before 2 came along, and just started tonight while awaiting further Mandalorian episodes.

I picked up so much more in the first episode this time, just little references to stuff that occurs later in the season. I was also hungover on my first watch if the first 6 episodes, so probably missed stuff through that as well.

All this free time means I have nearly finished the books now, really like it and has made me realize how some characters like Triss area really not all that important compared to some we haven't even met yet in the show, real potential with some stand out moments in the books I hope get adapted and some new characters that will be really interesting to see who gets cast.

'Game of Thrones' Star Kristofer Hivju Says He's "Fully Recovered" From Coronavirus

Some good news at least.

Finished the books now completely, loved them, I can see where now where the jumping of timelines comes from in the show it happens in the books a lot and often the story is told by characters who are recounting what happened rather than a linear traditional chronological series of events. Cant be tricky to get your head around but by the end it all comes together and makes sense.

So many moments now to look forward to see how or what they adapt in the show.

Yeah while the recovery rate is higher for younger people, it's still dangerous and highly contagious.

Finally playing The Witcher 2 and it's renewed my dislike of Triss's portrayal in the show. I know she has a minor role in the books but CDPR made her such a loveable character that I wanted Geralt to choose her. C'est la vie.

Also, Letho, Roche and Iorveth are so damn awesome and need to be adapted.

The intro cutscene in the tent is just gorgeous. I remember thinking "I don't think I experienced this kind of fantasy before". It was 2011. Right around the time Game of Thrones hit TV. Felt like a beginning of a new era. And I guess it was.

Finally got around to watching the series, keeping in mind I'm coming from never having read the books, nor having played the games. I enjoyed it for the most part, found elements confusing & a little difficult to follow what exactly was going on in places but that having been said I was enthralled, I believe would be the correct word, throughout each episode.

Really enjoyed some of the swordplay from the series, in particular the shot from the opening episode when Gerald is in Blaviken which was a fantastic sequence when he walks through all the guards.

Given that a 2nd season is likely going to be over a year away, I'll maybe give the books a read or play the games, from what I've been told the most recent game was fantastic.. or so I've been told from a friend.

Finally got around to watching the series, keeping in mind I'm coming from never having read the books, nor having played the games. I enjoyed it for the most part, found elements confusing & a little difficult to follow what exactly was going on in places but that having been said I was enthralled, I believe would be the correct word, throughout each episode.

Really enjoyed some of the swordplay from the series, in particular the shot from the opening episode when Gerald is in Blaviken which was a fantastic sequence when he walks through all the guards.

Given that a 2nd season is likely going to be over a year away, I'll maybe give the books a read or play the games, from what I've been told the most recent game was fantastic.. or so I've been told from a friend.

The Witcher 3 is an amazing game AND a damn good Witcher adaptation, the DLCs also give a much more satisfying epilogue to Geralt's journey while giving us new and very interesting characters.

I'm currently playing The Witcher 2 and its also pretty good so you could pick it up before Witcher 3 if youd like.

Reactions: B
The Witcher Season 2 adds another witcher to its lineup and more casting news - Redanian Intelligence

Actor and stunt performer Joel Adrian has been cast as a character named Hemrik. From what we were able to find out, Hemrik is a witcher from Kaer Morhen. This is an original character and doesn’t appear in the books, so we cannot say where or rather when will we see him. He could be part of some flashbacks that would perhaps show young Geralt’s training or he could appear in the current timeline, maybe added to the main witchers’ lineup for unknown reasons.

The Witcher 3 is an amazing game AND a damn good Witcher adaptation, the DLCs also give a much more satisfying epilogue to Geralt's journey while giving us new and very interesting characters.

I'm currently playing The Witcher 2 and its also pretty good so you could pick it up before Witcher 3 if youd like.

Would you say it's necessary from a story perspective to play the first couple of games or could someone be able to jump right in at the 3rd & be able to pick things up fine?

Would you say it's necessary from a story perspective to play the first couple of games or could someone be able to jump right in at the 3rd & be able to pick things up fine?
I’ve only played Witcher 3 and I didn’t feel lost at all.

Reactions: B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"