Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

You know, reading these articles, are we sure this isn't animated? And if it is animated, perhaps we can get the voice cast from the games?

I think Netflix really wants their own "Game of Thrones" so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be live-action.

tumblr_mjf1fjuoHe1qksjbgo1_500.gif

Oh and cast Eva Green as Yennifer and Nikolaj coster Waldau as Geralt please.

QE4CnRLmQxCDcnn2Pq84_tumblr_inline_nxi5zmfTgX1txaa0d_540.jpg

waAUDFrqT56uTJRhrpQb_Cgq2tK3WIAANGUt.jpg

Such good news to hear. This could be something epic if they play their cards right and being Netflix it can go for the full mature works.

Witcher is more suited to TV in post-Game of Thrones world than film. It's true.

Also Game of Thrones has just been put on notice. Its days are numbered.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see if any design concepts (monster designs, costumes, etc) from the games will be used within the show at all. Considering the author's disdain for CDPR and that he is a creative consultant for the show, I don't expect anything from the games to make it in, sadly.

:chd: :chd: :chd: :chd: :chd:

:jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd:

This will be the next Game Of Thrones if they do it right. Geralt is a tremendous character.

WHAT NOW, YOU PIECE OF FILTH?

I'm curious to see if any design concepts (monster designs, costumes, etc) from the games will be used within the show at all. Considering the author's disdain for CDPR and that he is a creative consultant for the show, I don't expect anything from the games to make it in, sadly.

Witcher game franchise has sold 25 million copies.

...there will be stuff from the games in the show.

Tomas Baginski is involved.

He's directing an episode; he's not running the show. Big difference in terms of creative input/control.

Last edited:
I made my Gerhalt look like how I pictured Rhaegar Targaryen in my head. :funny:

He's directing an episode; he's not running the show. Big difference in terms of creative input/control.

"Creative consultant" does not mean Sapkowski is running the show either. Netflix picked this up because of the video game, they've included talent from the game. To expect them to completely throw all of that out is silly.

Well, interesting to see that Sapkowski will be on the project...after he bad mouthed not only the witcher games...but his own books too if my memory serves me right.

Didnt he say that books should not be adapted in any kind of way and that he only wrote the books to make money?

I guess netflix threw a lot of it towards him.:woot:

Either way, great to hear...im really hoping this turns out well.

Anson Mount would be good choice for Geralt.

I only played the first Witcher, but it was great. Appealing TV shows are kind of stacking up, though, so I'm not as enthusiastic as some here. I want to know if Triss Merigold's in it and, if so, who's playing her.

This is great news. Any idea when production takes place? Hopefully we get this sometime in 2018.

"Creative consultant" does not mean Sapkowski is running the show either. Netflix picked this up because of the video game, they've included talent from the game. To expect them to completely throw all of that out is silly.

Perhaps I am being cynical, but outside of Baginski's minimal involvement, there aren't any reports (yet) of a relationship the series production will have with CDPR. CDPR owns the game assets; Netflix would have to get into a deal with them to including any aspects from the games, specifically. My point is: we don't know anything yet, so I'm not getting any hopes up. And I'm just wondering aloud; no need to get aggressive.

Anson Mount would be good choice for Geralt.

Certainly has the look down but not seen him in anything is he good enough acting wise for those that seen stuff he's in?

hell-on-wheels.jpg

His character from Hell on Wheels is basically Geralt in the old west. But he's busy now with Black Bolt.

His character from Hell on Wheels is basically Geralt in the old west. But he's busy now with Black Bolt.

Ah fair enough so he's out the running already then.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"