Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

Perhaps. I shall think of this polish twist while I play the game in the near future, which I bought for a bargain.

Hope you clock it and don't get too fond of ciri in her current form. Lol

So yet someone else had to quit social media due to intolerant fanboys.

Entertainment people really shouldn't engage with fans on social media anyway. Just engage with people they know personally and their friends after setting their accounts to private. Don't engage with fans and trolls. Don't feed the trolls.

Breaking News: Cavill is OUT as Geralt... Replaced by Djimon Hounsou... and Yennefer is played by Woody Harrelson's alter ego... Galaxia.

Entertainment people really shouldn't engage with fans on social media anyway. Just engage with people they know personally and their friends after setting their accounts to private. Don't engage with fans and trolls. Don't feed the trolls.

For making some of the worst DC movies of all time Zack Snyder is the only one handling Social Media really good

For making some of the worst DC movies of all time Zack Snyder is the only one handling Social Media really good

Really don't know why you should handle social media. The old saying "never meet your heroes" is very true.

Well looks like he really is the Witcher for good now after todsyst Superman announcement.

I guess I'll be hanging around here a bit more often now since Superman is dead.

cavills manager said its not true

ok? dont shoot the messenger.

I mean the stuff by the studio and the manager sounds like damage control more than anything, but let's be honest...is anyone really surprised? I know DCU fans are apoplectic and need to be talked down off ledges, but is anyone really surprised by this outcome?

To me ultimate outcome has sort of been clear ever since Dawn of Justice took a jump off an Everest high cliff. It's sort of like what happened with Andrew Garfield after the disastrous Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Case in point, WB in no hurry to use Cavill after Justice League. No hurry to make a Superman sequel, and now the guy's signed with Netflix for The Witcher. He's moving on. So is Warner Bros.

I get that there are fans who want Cavill to come back, but do the casual moviegoers want him back? The same audience that basically rejected Justice League and Dawn of Justice and were fairly mixed on Man of Steel.

Look. There was a time I really wanted Routh back as Superman and thought he did a solid job. A part of me even believed, hey what if Christian Bale's Batman were to meet Routh's Superman? Years ago, I genuinely wanted that to happen. This feels like the same thing all over again, except on a bigger level and more protracted.

No, it's not Cavill's fault about the script or the direction, but it's not like the guy is struggling to make end's meet. He will probably still be able to find steady work for the rest of his career. The Witcher is potentially huge if Netflix plays their Gwent cards right.

I mean the stuff by the studio and the manager sounds like damage control more than anything, but let's be honest...is anyone really surprised? I know DCU fans are apoplectic and need to be talked down off ledges, but is anyone really surprised by this outcome?

To me ultimate outcome has sort of been clear ever since Dawn of Justice took a jump off an Everest high cliff. It's sort of like what happened with Andrew Garfield after the disastrous Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Case in point, WB in no hurry to use Cavill after Justice League. No hurry to make a Superman sequel, and now the guy's signed with Netflix for The Witcher. He's moving on. So is Warner Bros.

I get that there are fans who want Cavill to come back, but do the casual moviegoers want him back? The same audience that basically rejected Justice League and Dawn of Justice and were fairly mixed on Man of Steel.

Look. There was a time I really wanted Routh back as Superman and thought he did a solid job. A part of me even believed, hey what if Christian Bale's Batman were to meet Routh's Superman? Years ago, I genuinely wanted that to happen. This feels like the same thing all over again, except on a bigger level and more protracted.

No, it's not Cavill's fault about the script or the direction, but it's not like the guy is struggling to make end's meet. He will probably still be able to find steady work for the rest of his career. The Witcher is potentially huge if Netflix plays their Gwent cards right.

Cavill can now focus on making legit badass character on screen and cement himself in that role forever. I feel now much better about casting. It's damn shame his Superman was destroyed by ignorant people in WB and Snyder. Watching him bulk up for that role I knew guy was commited.

I hope he really pulls off the Witcher role well. This is a huge and challenging opportunity for him.

Without a beard and scars.

DmxCYTHXcAE7izZ.jpg

DmxDnRgWsAADuOl.jpg

Whole Superman thing makes perfect sense to me, much as Cavill was never the problem.

You're getting a new Batman guy, might as well do a soft-startover and bring in two new takes on the big guns at the same time. The public only really responded to Wonder Woman well, so you keep her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"