Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

Maybe because she's got some Camila Cabello thing going on, but I'm ok with the Anya casting :awesome:

I mean that's fine and all. But is such a website even making much money or ad revenue for them?

Now question. Is it realistic for this show to meet a 2019 launch? Let's say November-December 2019 at the latest.

One would imagine this show would require a lot of post-production and editing work? I know this season is only eight episodes, but is that really enough time?

I guess 1) it wouldn't surprise me if it got pushed back to 2020. And 2) I really don't want them to cut corners here. I don't need it to be like Game of Thrones, but I want it to look epic and convincing as well.
I'm guessing November 18, 2019.

Yeah it might be possible to make a late 2019 release, depending on how long they have to film/ho extensive the special effects/CGI is going to be.

There were some reports saying they are supposed to film from May to November. Not sure what they have planned in terms of supernatural monsters, creatures. I hope the location shooting means we are going to see some great exteriors and such.

But LOTR films didn't mess with ethnicity of characters, their established look.

Well, Tolkien described Harfoots, the most common type of Hobbits, as having "nut-brown" skin. So one could easily argue they actually changed the established look a lot. :D:

Well, Tolkien described Harfoots, the most common type of Hobbits, as having "nut-brown" skin. So one could easily argue they actually changed the established look a lot. :D:
I don't remember "nut-brown", just browner. Hobbits are closely related and the difference just can't be drastic between fair-skinned and browner hobbits. Plenty of white characters described as having copper/brown/dark/whatever skin.

Where is the filming in five days thing? I thought it started in November. are they starting early now?

I really like these manips:

DpOogJxU0AUrBPD.jpg:large

I honestly dont find Anya attractive. Her chin/jawline is just odd to me, same reason i dont find Sofia Boutella attractive.

Yen has a triangular face and while young it's also fierce. But whatever.

I honestly dont find Anya attractive. Her chin/jawline is just odd to me, same reason i dont find Sofia Boutella attractive.

Yen has a triangular face and while young it's also fierce. But whatever.

Don't worry sure the feelings are mutual.

Dunno, fellas. Not a straight up model beauty, but I personally find her attractive.

Back in Daredevil 2003, I get why Jennifer Garner was cast as Elektra, but I think she was a terrible choice. It's not that she wasn't "attractive" or "sexy." But when I think Elektra, I think foreign, dark, and exotic. And I don't think it's wrong to want the actor for Elektra to fit that type of mold.

Right now, I'm just not seeing the it factor for Anya Chalotra. I hope it wasn't a case of the crew wanting to make the cast more "diverse" and PC. I know she's a trained stage actor, but I'm willing to give her a chance. I just need to see some material to believe she can play Yennefer.

Some clips of her being in a stage play on Reddit is not really enough to convince me right now.

Should they use purple lenses for Yen? My problem with them is that they always look creepy and unnatural. It's great for Aquaman vampires, witchers or various beasts, but I'm not sure about sorceresses.

Maybe they should leave her eyes they way they are, and add purple glow when she uses magic...

Should they use purple lenses for Yen? My problem with them is that they always look creepy and unnatural. It's great for Aquaman vampires, witchers or various beasts, but I'm not sure about sorceresses.

Maybe they should leave her eyes they way they are, and add purple glow when she uses magic...
I'd be fine with a darker purple, something not quite black, not quite blue rather than bright pastel purple anime eyes.

I'd be fine with a darker purple, something not quite black, not quite blue rather than bright pastel purple anime eyes.
I want purple eyes of any shade. But the question was if they should use lenses.

For example:

American-Psycho-film-images-b4ca7a05-d5ac-49b6-ba44-1aaccd84ae7.jpg

Doesn't look good and doesn't look like it was worth it.

Another option is to CGI eyes, but it's really hard to do convincingly and I doubt they have limitless budget to CGI lengthy conversations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"