Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

I can guarantee that people saying that haven’t played all the games. Are we going to have a family friendly Game of Thrones too?

This group photo was shared and then deleted from instagram:

49933892_293195351396407_1358333436295237437_n.jpg

Can't say I'm sold on her as Yen, but I like her a lot. She has an expressive face. I hope for the best.

Freya looks awesome. I believe she dyed her hair for the role. She also looks younger than her real age. Probably one of the reason they picked her.

Well, Henry Cavill is certainly making sure he's gonna look good for those sex scenes women are going to go crazy over.

So yeah. Looks like we are getting a buff, swoll Geralt.

Can't say I'm sold on her as Yen, but I like her a lot. She has an expressive face. I hope for the best.

Freya looks awesome. I believe she dyed her hair for the role. She also looks younger than her real age. Probably one of the reason they picked her.

It's hard for me to make a judgement here because I literally haven't seen her in anything. I'm willing to give her a shot even though she is probably not my ideal choice for Yennefer, and it looks like the actress playing Renfri would've been a much better choice, but we shall see.

Game Yennefer will probably always remain my ideal Yen.

It's hard for me to make a judgement here because I literally haven't seen her in anything. I'm willing to give her a shot even though she is probably not my ideal choice for Yennefer, and it looks like the actress playing Renfri would've been a much better choice, but we shall see.

Game Yennefer will probably always remain my ideal Yen.
I'd rather not dwell on a specific iteration. I mean, if you, me or anyone else will end up disliking the show or specific casting choices - tough luck. But I will judge the series on it's own. Not how it matches the books or the games.

I'm looking forward to Anya's performance. I'm super curious about her chemistry with Henry and Freya. I'm seriously much more concerned about Triss actress. From the footage I saw of her she seems to be really bad. I'll be glad to be wrong, but...

Last edited:
The one movie I've seen Anna Shaffer in is this thing called I am Vengeance which was a bargain bin D-level action movie starring Bad News Barrett. Was not particularly impressed.

Honestly, though I'm glad they didn't go with some of the fan casting choices. I love Eva Green but I never saw her as Yennefer.

The one movie I've seen Anna Shaffer in is this thing called I am Vengeance which was a bargain bin D-level action movie starring Bad News Barrett. Was not particularly impressed.

Honestly, though I'm glad they didn't go with some of the fan casting choices. I love Eva Green but I never saw her as Yennefer.

Fans pick ewa green for nearly everything. Sure they want her to be the new batman.

So how long is this going to be filming in Budapest? I'm going there in a month, do I need to have my eyes open for Henry :D

So how long is this going to be filming in Budapest? I'm going there in a month, do I need to have my eyes open for Henry :D
Can't find the source, but I think I read the filming will last almost till late Spring.

Ouch. :(
Same. Eva Green, John Hamm, Heisenberg are fancasted as everyone. Including Yennefer.

When he was cast, the word was filming would run from November to May.

EDIT:

Here's another gun show from Henry Cavill.

Last edited:
This witcher doesn't need a pair of swords. He will be choking everyone to death with bare hands.

Cavill has the Superman physique down.

It seems like Henry's attitude since Man of Steel is he's being paid to work out. I wonder if Netflix is footing the bill for his trainer or if it's out of pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"