Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

I mean c'mon. What happened to Littlefinger is just bad writing, and that's if you're a fan of the show. The Stark family had nothing on him and no way to prove his guilt.

Game of Thrones is overrated. Sorry but it's true. Don't get me wrong. It has amazing production values, but the writing is not up to par. In the most recent seasons they had to speed everything up since they were ready to end the show.
Agreed.

I agree with you, if you take season 5-7, but 1-4 is not overrated and so well paced, that it will be hard for a series to compete against.
season 7 was a great disappointment, except 1-2 episodes and i have not high hopes for the last season

Game of Thrones is overrated. Sorry but it's true. Don't get me wrong. It has amazing production values, but the writing is not up to par. In the most recent seasons they had to speed everything up since they were ready to end the show.
Quality made a nosedive in the last 2 seasons in terms of writing (they ran out of book material), but first 4, I'd even list portion of 5, are great. Especially first 3.

I mean c'mon. What happened to Littlefinger is just bad writing, and that's if you're a fan of the show. The Stark family had nothing on him and no way to prove his guilt.
For me it's the greatest failure of the show. Littlefinger was wasted like I can't even compare it to anything. It's like starting Star Wars Episode VI from dumping Vader into garbage compactor. Or if Ledger lived and starting TDKR from Joker dying from food poisoning.

i haven’t read the books, but does have the witcher series such a complex history of different houses intriguing against each other and political plotting? i have played the game, which was nice but a pretty smaller scale then GoT. Right now I can‘t believe that a Witcher serie could be comparable exciting over 3-4 seasons.
Is there a political setting similar to the song of ice and fire series?

i haven’t read the books, but does have the witcher series such a complex history of different houses intriguing against each other and political plotting? i have played the game, which was nice but a pretty smaller scale then GoT. Right now I can‘t believe that a Witcher serie could be comparable exciting over 3-4 seasons.
Is there a political setting similar to the song of ice and fire series?

In a word, yes. Though it's generally focused around a smaller cast of characters. Which is why I think it could be better. It conceivably wouldn't have to jump around as much and through as many conflicts.

Also, the story is for all intents and purposes complete.

I'm shocked by the lack of leaks... my goodness they did a good job at keeping the filming secretive.

I'm shocked by the lack of leaks... my goodness they did a good job at keeping the filming secretive.

Why is it that shocking? We've seen some set and filming photos. Also it sounds like they are filming in areas where it's not easy to get cameras and such.

I think the problem visions visions is you were riding the leaks and photo thing too hard after filming started.

Yeah, we were never going to get a lot of leaks and set pics, a project like this is going to spend a lot of time filming on closed sets, in forests, and in general places that are either closed off or a fair distance away from populated areas, this is very different from a superhero movie or tv show shooting on the streets of Vancouver, LA, or NYC.

Last edited:
I remember Mark Hamill said tabloids took helicopters over filming for Empire strikes back for Hoth filming and they filmed just set production vehicles and called them leaked starship vehicle images from Empire Strikes Back.

Reddit is pretty active lately with behind the scenes material. They're filming among ruins.

The Witcher on Netflix

Also, rip red-haired Triss. It's brownish-auburn like in the books.

AaIY5WC.png

Last edited:
Shame they didn't give her bright red mane like on photoshopped pics. It looks further and further away from what I fell in love with and I'm nearly the point of just accepting it as some random fantasy, not Witcher.

Shame they didn't give her bright red mane like on photoshopped pics. It looks further and further away from what I fell in love with and I'm nearly the point of just accepting it as some random fantasy, not Witcher.

The bright red hair was a change CDPR made, her hair in the books was more brown than red.

To be fair, I recall that Triss' hair in the books was chestnut

To be fair, I recall that Triss' hair in the books was chestnut
It was called there in various ways. I read English translation and it was "auburn" and "red" there. I don't remember specifically "chestnut", but maybe I just forgot... Still, I don't care that much about book descriptions. General idea is enough for me. I like the changes that CDPR made to the book, but I'm not crazy for what I'm seeing in the show so far. Technically - all versions qualify as "redhaired". But I personally prefer bright red.

They had Bran who could easily convince Sansa and Arya they were being deceived. And Sansa saw him kill Lysa. They had everything on him. I didnt like how he ended, but lets be real here.
Also, season 6 was, in my opinion, pretty amazing, especially considering they ran out of book material year before. Witcher would be lucky to reach those heights.
Back on topic, i dont mind the hair on Triss, i just wish her costume wasnt so plain. Game design is more intricate, but this looks like a basic Melisandre type outfit and im not really a fan.

They had Bran who could easily convince Sansa and Arya they were being deceived. And Sansa saw him kill Lysa. They had everything on him. I didnt like how he ended, but lets be real here.

In the world of Game of Thrones they had jack shirt. Dany helped give life to dragons and she still didn't believe in an army of the dead at Jon Snow's word.

They had nothing. They had no evidence at all. It was poor writing and storytelling at its finest. At the very least, Littlefinger wouldn't have been stupid enough to admit he killed Lysa while in a kangaroo court.

This video lays it out pretty well.

Also, yea a ton of set photos on reddit now. So far looks promising. I just hope they can deliver with dialogue, acting, etc.

6afhx72ly8r21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"