Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

Will be for me, good, bad or indifferent. Too invested in the games and books for it not to be.
I’m looking forward to getting through the books. I’ve bought them all but waiting for a good chunk of time free before I start them.

I’m looking forward to getting through the books. I’ve bought them all but waiting for a good chunk of time free before I start them.

Yeah need a good amount of time to do either really. Neither can be done in a weekend, lol.

Worth it though in the end.

Yeah need a good amount of time to do either really. Neither can be done in a weekend, lol.

Worth it though in the end.
I love getting multiple media forms for the same product. So if I enjoy one thing I get the lot, comics/novel series/game series/show/films/figures etc. I really hope there are more games one day.

Are Netflix shows one hour or 30 minutes? I hope season 1 of the show will be 8 hours or so...

Netflix dramas tend to be like 48-50-ish minutes.

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, Shad is only looking at the armor and gear from a medieval historical perspective.

However, his reaction to that horrible Nilfgaard armor is most appreciated.

Lol what is that Nilfgaard armor even meant to be? Its not even looking like armor more a rubber sumo suit, very odd that design.

We really need a trailer now to make a better judgement.

Lol what is that Nilfgaard armor even meant to be? Its not even looking like armor more a rubber sumo suit, very odd that design.

Trailer is coming on the 19th. Not long to go now...

Best explanation I can think of is we'll never get a clear shot of it and it's just going to be seen out of focus in the distance. Its quality is so inconsistent with the other costumes we've seen for the show that I can't imagine we'll actually see it up close.

Best explanation I can think of is we'll never get a clear shot of it and it's just going to be seen out of focus in the distance. Its quality is so inconsistent with the other costumes we've seen for the show that I can't imagine we'll actually see it up close.

Yeah it certainly looks way way of context with everything else, almost like a CGI rubber suit rather than the final thing but that would be crazy for the entire army so we shall see. I guess we will find out the deal soon enough though.

I can kind of understand that, but then how do you explain putting small details such as Nilfgaard's emblem as a crest on the chest of the armor. Like it's a small detail you wouldn't see from a distance.

Looking at it, it appears to be intended as steel armor wrapped with some sort of leather.

Having seen more pictures now it looks even more odd as the bottom half is kind of what you would expect but the top half is just weird. Perhaps there may be some sort of story explanation??

What do you guys and girls hope to see in the trailer?

The effects are obviously going to be a big thing, so monster designs and magic abilities I hope to see something of if its not too early for that stuff.

Also how Cavill plays and sounds as Geralt is going to be a make or break aspect of the thing, get that wrong and the rest wont matter so fingers crossed for some quieter character moments.

Depends on how long the trailer is I guess and how far along effects and the like are finished as to what we do get.

A bit of the soundtrack will be niece as well to see what direction they've gone with that I guess too.

The effects are obviously going to be a big thing, so monster designs and magic abilities I hope to see something of if its not too early for that stuff.

Also how Cavill plays and sounds as Geralt is going to be a make or break aspect of the thing, get that wrong and the rest wont matter so fingers crossed for some quieter character moments.

Depends on how long the trailer is I guess and how far along effects and the like are finished as to what we do get.

A bit of the soundtrack will be niece as well to see what direction they've gone with that I guess too.
I'm thinking 1:30 trailer. We will see a lot of quick glimpses. I honestly can't wait!

I want to see that Henry Cavill can capture that gruff sort of "Witcher on the path stuff" as well as his sardonic attitude and sense of humor. I want him to be able to deliver those lines such as "If I had to choose between any kind of evil, I'd rather not choose at all" or "They're both for killing monsters," and be able to nail them, as well as nailing his personal connections to Yennefer, Jaskier, and Ciri. Jaskier is basically his best friend. And while he might never say it, they are true companions and would do about anything for each other.

What do you guys and girls hope to see in the trailer?
Quality of TV show. Budget, cinematography, editing, soundtrack, possible accents etc. Not being cliche. We wont get anything story or script related, but visual and audio wise it will be important to know how much I want to be invested into this.

There is too much quality TV shows today to choose what you should watch, for you to spend unnecessary time into a show which didnt even try be one. If they dont care, I dont care.

Quality of TV show. Budget, cinematography, editing, soundtrack, possible accents etc. Not being cliche. We wont get anything story or script related, but visual and audio wise it will be important to know how much I want to be invested into this.

There is too much quality TV shows today to choose what you should watch, for you to spend unnecessary time into a show which didnt even try be one. If they dont care, I dont care.

Not enough sword and sorcery tv shows though (at the moment). Really want this to be good.

Not enough sword and sorcery tv shows though (at the moment). Really want this to be good.
While I would love great sword and sorcery tv show (SaS), that doesnt mean I will check something out if it's not of good television just because it is SaS. I really hope we get something more of a trailer than a teaser trailer. But that will depend how long they are in post-production to give us something which is finished footage. I would rather they avoid giving us unfinished footage overall. Because when it comes to TV that's huge turn off. For movies you at least know they will by release time improve due budgets Hollywood movies have. For TV that's lesser known case.

While I would love great sword and sorcery tv show (SaS), that doesnt mean I will check something out if it's not of good television just because it is SaS. I really hope we get something more of a trailer than a teaser trailer. But that will depend how long they are in post-production to give us something which is finished footage. I would rather they avoid giving us unfinished footage overall. Because when it comes to TV that's huge turn off. For movies you at least know they will by release time improve due budgets Hollywood movies have. For TV that's lesser known case.

Hopefully it turns out better than Shannara Chronicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"