Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

i can‘t remember a netflix original being released other than on a friday - so either 20th or 13th
then again it’s christmas an wonders may happen...

netflix originals... series and films have been on tuesdays or friday... at 3 AM .... so either way... im sticking with the leak for now and if its wrong, so be it... no tears here.

New trailer is going to be shown on October 31st, probably safe to bet the official release date will be announced with it. Costumes will also be present at the panel's location so we should get some good photos of the show's costumes as well.
UPDATED: The Witcher trailer to air on October 31 during panel at Lucca Comics and Games event, author Andrzej Sapkowski to attend - Redanian Intelligence
Ah great. I liked most of what I saw in the first trailer. Looking forward to seeing more.

I have no idea what Netflix has coming out or when I was just having fun with the news. But I do have to say if I knew nothing about The Witcher series I would would definitely be shocked it wasn't coming out on or around Halloween. To me it just seems like it makes more sense to release something like the Witcher around Halloween considering what the show is about rather than Christmas. I'm not arguing that they will release it around Halloween. But on the other hand I get that you're going to have more people with free time on their hands around Christmas also. Again I'm not trying to argue either way just trying to converse and have fun since we actually have some new news.

just trying to converse and have fun?! HOGWASH. You're trying to battle... I'm not strong with a sword... but I'll have a go.

Oh yeah! Well I'll, I'll, crap I've got nothing. I'm just going to go color in my Witcher coloring book and come back when I've got something. :funny:

New footage to be shown at MCM comic con in London on Sunday, October 27th, hopefully the footage gets released outside the panel.

Cool tease. I will say that I like most of the visuals I've seen in this series. And Cavill and Anya Chalotra are nice eye candy, if nothing else.

I have no idea what Netflix has coming out or when I was just having fun with the news. But I do have to say if I knew nothing about The Witcher series I would would definitely be shocked it wasn't coming out on or around Halloween. To me it just seems like it makes more sense to release something like the Witcher around Halloween considering what the show is about rather than Christmas. I'm not arguing that they will release it around Halloween. But on the other hand I get that you're going to have more people with free time on their hands around Christmas also. Again I'm not trying to argue either way just trying to converse and have fun since we actually have some new news.
It almost feels like they have skipping Halloween this year. They have been promoting their Christmas programming like crazy already, and even The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina seems to be skipping all of October. It kind of sucks, after last year was pretty fantastic with Daredevil, Hill House and Sabrina.

There's been a startlingly lack of promotional material and promotion in general for the show since Comic-Con. Does Netflix just like to put it out all at once now?

id assume we'll get some goods this week with the full on trailer coming in 10 days or so... netflix seems to depend on word of mouth a lot... like with daredevil s3, i had no idea it was even out til it was out lol

There's been a startlingly lack of promotional material and promotion in general for the show since Comic-Con. Does Netflix just like to put it out all at once now?
Unless it is Stranger Things, they don't put out much promotional material more then a few weeks out. They have not even shown a trailer for a movie that comes out in three weeks and the first half of the second season of Sabrina should come out in the next month or so, and they haven't even released a single still.

id assume we'll get some goods this week with the full on trailer coming in 10 days or so... netflix seems to depend on word of mouth a lot... like with daredevil s3, i had no idea it was even out til it was out lol
By the time we get to season 3s, they are looking for excuses to cancel shows, so that is why you see very little if anything.

Last edited:
Atmospheric images. Kikimora claw. I think it's from the first episode, which will adapt "The Lesser Evil" chapter from Last Wish book (or parts of it).

Well these are new.

elzhgp35jbu31.png

6r2z7l2ejbu31.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"