Netflix's Castlevania

They need a new writer for Season 3. Warren Ellis has outlived his usefulness.

Every character speaks in the same "witty" voice. Even the kids from Japan. What the hell up was with that Alucard subplot?

He takes the kids in, starts training them, gives them free reign of the Belmont armory, and betray him because...profit? I'm confused. What are they worried about? they are living with Alucard in Europe. Do they have friends or relatives they are trying to free? Cho is dead and they fought their way out of her coven and traveled halfway around the world to Europe.

They are mad at Alucard because he didn't tell them enough? What? What the hell is going on here?
Did we really need 10 episodes of buildup just for the climax to be the kids seducing him and trying to kill him because they were paranoid?

The only thing I fault Ellis for is his handling of Hector. Good grief that character has fallen a long way from the badass he was in the games.

That redhead vamp can get it tho.

:o

Eh, I liked this for the most part. Not enough action, but when it happens, it is bloody great.

Also, might be too on the nose type casting, but Ana de Armas would obviously play Sypha in a live action flick.

I liked this season, but the feeling I get is that this was basically the equivalent to one of those tie in novels that comes out and fills you in on what happened to the characters in between movies in a trilogy.

It’s interesting stuff, a bit too bleak, but I get the sense that they’ve been told by Netflix that they have four seasons and this was to fill that out before the big battle/conclusion season.

That said, the twist with Jason Isaacs might be the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Yeah I hate to say it, but this season was pretty dull, especially the first couple of episodes. I really didn't understand the subplot with Alucard this season and man was that climax anticlimactic. Definitely not worth the 10 episode buildup and I could also say the same about everyone else this season which was pretty much just needless filler and buildup for the next Season. God I hope Season 4 delivers and this show ends on a high note.

The subplot with the Judge was awkward and the reveal happening at that time was relatively pointless. It was like the Carnal Sins sidequest in Witcher 3 but happening in the wrong order.

They could've had Alucard actually going to Asia with the two warriors to help them free their clan or people instead of that garbage they went with. It would've actually given Alucard something to do.

“Burn my house.” Had me in utter hysterics as the medieval version of “delete my browser history.”

Really that whole twist was so unnecessarily deranged and overly bleak in its final act of cruelty to Trevor and Sypha.....I loved it. It might be the greatest, most petty act of trolling a writer has put to screen. I salute Warren Ellis for his ****ery.

Just finished it. Overall I liked it but I agree that the Alucard subplot could have either been wrapped up in like 2-3 episodes or else they could have had him go to Asia to help the vampire hunters out. Though I will say that
making Alucard queer was cool and they really WENT THERE with it rather than just imply it like most shows tend to do. I do wonder what the end means for season 4... I was expecting Dracula to be brought back but they sidestepped that and so I hope the end scene doesn’t mean we’ll see Alucard go mad and become worse than his father. If Dracula does come back, my guess is he’ll possess St. Germain, given that St. Germain is commonly associated with vampirism and some believe he influenced Dracula in Stoker’s writing.

It's warren Ellis. The human race is trash is pretty much his thing. Cynicism and conspiracy theories are Warren Ellis bread and butter.

I could see season 4 being the Return of the King season where it’s Isaac vs the Vampires/Hector with the classic trio getting dragged into the conflict.

Yeah, that seems to be what they're building towards.

I wonder if they'll introduce Death at some point. He's kind of the #2 antagonist in a lot of the Castlevania games (and the primary antagonist in at least one of them).

I thought it was ok. Wasn't really feeling the trio being apart for the whole season. Also how very unconnected all the storylines were.

Felt bad for Alucard, but dude should've known something was up when they wouldn't stop asking about the castle being able to move.

Trevor and Sypha's story was ok, but I felt it could've been shorter.

Isaac's story was ok.

I laughed at Hector.

“Burn my house.” Had me in utter hysterics as the medieval version of “delete my browser history.”

Really that whole twist was so unnecessarily deranged and overly bleak in its final act of cruelty to Trevor and Sypha.....I loved it. It might be the greatest, most petty act of trolling a writer has put to screen. I salute Warren Ellis for his ****ery.

Yeah, I saw that coming from the get-go. Sending a kid off to God knows where and having him keep it a secret usually doesn't bode well for the kid. lol If there's anything larger to take away from the reveal beyond the obvious, though, it's that conflicts of "good vs. evil" are rarely as black and white as they often appear to be. Moreover, with this serving as yet another painful reminder that humans can be just as monstrous as the supernatural enemy in their midst, Belmont and Sypha will no doubt be choosing their battles more wisely in the near future. Fortunately, I don't imagine that they'll remain disenchanted with the former for too long. Alucard, on the other hand, is a whole different story. He seems to be taking his betrayal to heart.

Yeah, my biggest complaint about this season is that I think they tried to throw in a few too many characters and as a result, some of the storylines feel a little undercooked and some characters kinda got the shaft. Carmilla was mostly absent, which was strange considering that they built her up to be the next big bad. That said, I really like Lenore as a villain and Striga and Morana were also pretty cool. Alucard really has nothing to do the whole time, which is also disappointing. The Judge and Sala are pretty good villains but I also felt like giving them a little less to do might have allowed more central characters to have better development. Likewise with Isaac; he's a good villain but I'm not sure that having him conquer a sorcerer and his zombie army was really needed. And Lance Reddick was totally wasted in a role that amounted to nothing. I will say though that Billy Nighy's St. Germain was a welcome addition and I'd absolutely watch a prequel or a spinoff about him.

Lastly, I think they need to get more consistent with the power levels of these characters. Trevor, Sypha and even the Judge and his soldiers all faced off against supernatural monsters and took them out like they were nothing, yet in the climax, all of them struggled against a bunch of A-holes in robes.

There were some cool cameos/Easter eggs this season. An X-Men character (who sadly I'm not familiar with) made an appearance in the Infinite Corridor sequence, and I have to believe that mech robot walking through the desert earlier in the scene was a nod to an AT-ST and Tatooine. Also, apparently you can see Dante's sword from Devil May Cry in the priory at one point.

I think the season would've been easier to swallow if they had churned out "seasons" like they do with Voltron or She-Ra. With those it's like once you're done with a season, a new one is right around the corner.

The problem with that is, episodes end up feeling rushed and the animation not quite on par. Plus Voltron's problems, at least to me, started when they began splitting the seasons into 6 episodes.

I'd rather have something take its time to be done and released with one season per year rather than rushing production just to release them as two-parter in one year.

Poor Alucard.

"So, you didn't immediately tell us all your secrets and show us all of your house to us, two random strangers that pop'd up one day, so now we will murder you sexily"

"Oh for f*¨ Sakes, papa Dracula was onto something"

Also, Hector is si easy to manipulate he reminds me of the average voter.

The ships captain and St Germain were cool tho. And the action in the last 2 episodes was great.

Hector is an idiot and deserved to be enslaved. He's a simp.

The fact that Hectors getting laid on the regular means he’s not a simp.

need to stop parroting reddit :o

Hopefully they finally introduce Grant Danasty in S4. I used him so much in Castlevania 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"