Netflix's Castlevania

So four weeks to go and not even a trailer. Just a teaser.

Also, lest we forget that Alucard went nowhere in Season 3 other than nearly being murdered by Taka and Sumi after they had a threesome with him because they were paranoid he wasn't being honest with them or some BS...which what...

Also, Trevor and Sypha finding out the town judge was a child serial killer after he'd already been killed and the whole town, women, children, and families included was wiped out.

Good riddance to Warren Ellis. If they ever make more Castlevania, the franchise will be better off without him. Season 3 sucked.

And never forget the greatest sin, a complete lack of action.

There was action in Season 3, but I didn't feel like there was any major central conflict. Everyone was reacting passively. Sypha and Trevor's story was nothing more than a filler side quest. That's a storyline that would be wrapped up in two episodes tops on Supernatural.

And I mean these cracks have been there since Season 2. Case in point, the heroes in Season 2 are spending half the time just rifling around a library and not really doing anything.

Listen, I like Castlevania, but it's definitely overrated. Warren Ellis should've been ushered out after Season 3 when the show lost direction.

Yeah, I enjoyed season 3 but I agree that it was the weakest. It mostly seemed to be building towards the final season. Hopefully season 4 will deliver. I hope Dracula re-emerges as the main antagonist but if not, I hope they still foreshadow his return for this spinoff series that will hopefully focus on Simon.

At the very least, Castlevania proved that you can adapt a video game without centering it on some bland, all-new “audience” character or doing some other Hollywood nonsense like transporting the story to present day New York. Though I worry if they ever attempted a live action version of it, that’s the kind of **** we would get, lol.

Honestly, I liked season 3 better than season 1. Yes, it was less dramatically focused than season 2, but each of the stories had a solid purpose of character exploration. My only complaint really was the epilogue with the Judge in the Trevor/Sypha story. In a plot that was already tragic as bad place, it basically distracted from the real tragedy with something both pointlessly dark and really really stupid. It felt like the worst kind of Ellis-ism, and frankly makes me regret his departure much less.

There probably was too much going on in Season 3 but it left things on a fine tipping scale; I'm most curious to find out how Alucard fares.

Purely my own speculation but it would blow my mind if Alucard became Dracula essentially, and this is who Simon would face in a possible separate series.

The obvious thing to happen is that Alucard finds some peace, but to see the tragedy ring true by Alucard becoming his father, full of anger and bitterness at humanity, would be a fantastic ending.

There probably was too much going on in Season 3 but it left things on a fine tipping scale; I'm most curious to find out how Alucard fares.

Purely my own speculation but it would blow my mind if Alucard became Dracula essentially, and this is who Simon would face in a possible separate series.

The obvious thing to happen is that Alucard finds some peace, but to see the tragedy ring true by Alucard becoming his father, full of anger and bitterness at humanity, would be a fantastic ending.

I could see them going that route, though I hope not. Alucard has always been one of the good guys in Castlevania so to see him do a heel turn and become like his father would really bother me. But if it’s handled well, I suppose I could come around on it.

May want to edit the trailer out, due to language.

Damn is it just me or does the animation look MUCH better?

No. That animation looks noticeabley worse. It was a very, very bad decisions to include bits from the first seasons at the start of the trailer, as it only makes the issues with the character models stand out. Not enough to judge on the action, but the non-action animation is worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"