Netflix's Castlevania

That’s looking good :up:

Oh this is for season 2. I didn’t even know this (season 1) was already out!

Oh this is for season 2. I didn’t even know this (season 1) was already out!
Yes season 1 is only 4 episodes but I enjoyed it. I didn't have any expectation when I went in watching. Never even played the games but I knew of the story.

Yes season 1 is only 4 episodes but I enjoyed it. I didn't have any expectation when I went in watching. Never even played the games but I knew of the story.

Only 4? That’s bloody short. Great to hear though. Will watch this asap. I like the games.

Probably because it was probably just supposed to be a DTV movie they basically split into several episodes.

in other news the series first half is coming to home video

Viz Is Bringing The Castlevania Animated Series To Home Video . July 21, 2018 . 11:30am

During San Diego Comic-Con, Viz announced that the Castlevania animated series that is currently exclusive viewable on Netflix, will be getting a home video release.

13 comments Read >

During San Diego Comic-Con this week, Viz announced that the Castlevania animated series, originally exclusive to Netflix, will be brought to home video.

Announcement: Castlevania is coming to home video. More info on Trevor Belmont’s quest coming soon. pic.twitter.com/a56tburOmF
— VIZ @ SDCC2018 Booth #2813 (@VIZMedia) July 19, 2018

The animated series debuted on Netflix last year on July 7, 2017, and it was announced right afterward that there would be a second season, which is currently set to air on October 26, 2018. A third season is also in the works.

The Castlevania animated series is currently available on Netflix. Viz will be releasing the series on home video soon.

source:Siliconera

safe_image.php

Interview: Castlevania Season 2 Executive Producer Adi Shankar
Oct 25, 13:00 anime
The executive producer and showrunner behind the animated adaptation of Castlevania discusses success, the power of animation and what to expect from season 2!Read more

source: Anime News Network

Season 1 was dope, looking forward to watching the new season.

My review of Season 2.

My basic thoughts:

* Dracula as a tortured antihero is brilliant
* A lot of setup for things that don't have a lot payoff
* Great backgrounds, 2D animation and action sequences
* A bit too much snark between Trevor, Alucard, and Sypha. Dial it back a few notches.
* Voice-acting is very natural and topnotch work for the most part, especially Graham McTavish as Dracula.
* The new villains for Dracula's army are cool but they don't really do a lot.
* First half was sort of clunky. Second half is great though.
* Feels like a lot of table setting for a potential third season, so I hope they get one or a lot of this will feel sort of wasted.

I think I have like 3 episodes left but I have to know, do they use any of the music from the games at all in the season?

That fight in the start of episode 7, gah, so pretty. The scene was definitely boosted by the music too, very anime-like.Though unfortunately I feel like they spent too much money on it so
after all the vampire generals died Issac vs Camilla's force and especially Alucard vs Dracula (which should be invested in the most) looked like video games.

Episode 8 didn't really pace well with episode 7 though, I feel like its whole purpose is to set up season 3. Besides
the whole group of men crossing the desert trying to take on Issac is just ridiculously unbelievable. I know the show has had "people stupidly taking on supermen even though they've witnessed their impossible strength before" several times (actually I don't "know", I don't remember but I guess there have been many scenes like that to show the 1001 creatively violent ways to kill); but there have never been a scene as glaringly staged like the desert scene. Even the most stupid and arrogant person should know that they wouldn't stand a change against someone like Issac and kneeling down saying "I'm your new slave what do you need Master?" would boost their chance of having a painless death.

Last edited:
That fight in the start of episode 7, gah, so pretty. The scene was definitely boosted by the music too, very anime-like.Though unfortunately I feel like they spent too much money on it so
after all the vampire generals died Issac vs Camilla's force and especially Alucard vs Dracula (which should be invested in the most) looked like video games.

Episode 8 didn't really pace well with episode 7 though, I feel like its whole purpose is to set up season 3. Besides
the whole group of men crossing the desert trying to take on Issac is just ridiculously unbelievable. I know the show has had "people stupidly taking on supermen even though they've witnessed their impossible strength before" several times (actually I don't "know", I don't remember but I guess there have been many scenes like that to show the 1001 creatively violent ways to kill); but there have never been a scene as glaringly staged like the desert scene. Even the most stupid and arrogant person should know that they wouldn't stand a change against someone like Issac and kneeling down saying "I'm your new slave what do you need Master?" would boost their chance of having a painless death.

Agreed on Episode 8. I think they climaxed a bit too early.

What was the point of that fight in the desert in episode 8 when Isaac didn't really do a whole lot for the actual central storyline? Will they actually continue this thread in a third season?

Season 3?
Maybe IF there is a third season it will be based on Curse of Darkness? Like move on from Dracula, Alucard, Trevor, and Sypha. Next season it's Hector, Isaac, and Carmilla.

For the most part, I really enjoyed S2! The visuals, voice acting, action sequences, characters were fun! Really loved Graham McTavish as Dracula!

Dracula and Alucard are fighting and they stumble upon Alucard’s room. The emotions!

Episodes 6 and 7 were the standouts for me! Felt the season finale was very unnecessary. At least we’re getting Season 3!

For the most part, I really enjoyed S2! The visuals, voice acting, action sequences, characters were fun! Really loved Graham McTavish as Dracula!

Dracula and Alucard are fighting and they stumble upon Alucard’s room. The emotions!

I don't say this lightly, but the Dracula stuff in this show got me very emotional and I would even dare say award worthy, but awards committees are snobs and would never recognize a show like this worthy of Primetime Emmys.

They did a tremendous job in almost making you root for Dracula basically. Dracula is basically the true protagonist of this story.

Episodes 6 and 7 were the standouts for me! Felt the season finale was very unnecessary. At least we’re getting Season 3!

Wait, has season three already been confirmed?

But yeah, the last episode was basically just a pointless wrap-up. Pacing this season was very off.

Like the first season was over and done with really quickly, but a lot happened in just four episodes.

EDIT

Oh never mind, Armitage talked about it before. Forgot about that. Still technically not confirmed yet but I hope it happens.

I don't say this lightly, but the Dracula stuff in this show got me very emotional and I would even dare say award worthy, but awards committees are snobs and would never recognize a show like this worthy of Primetime Emmys.

Yeah, it’s always bothered me that there are categories for animated films/TV shows at the Oscars or Emmys, but voice actors can’t get their own category. They do a lot of work conveying any emotion even if it’s not onscreen. An under appreciated profession. Then again, there is the Annie Awards.

Last edited:
Yeah Season 1 is so short, it's good if you waited to start now.

I feel like Season 1 and 2 was supposed to be a 12 episode season but the first 4 episodes were a test

Also I had a stupid smile on my face when the Castlevania theme kicked off in one of the fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"