Netflix's Live-Action Avatar: The Last Airbender General Discussion Thread

Bam-Bam

Civilian
Reaction score
18-avatar-last-airbender.w1200.h630.jpg

“We’re thrilled for the opportunity to helm this live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender. We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.” — Bryan Konietzko & Michael DiMartino

Can't be worse than the last one.

I'll be checking this one out. I never watched the animated series, but am interested in the story. If it's good, maybe they'll even do a live-action Legend of Korra series.

I'll be checking this one out. I never watched the animated series, but am interested in the story. If it's good, maybe they'll even do a live-action Legend of Korra series.
Watch the animated series you won't regret it.

It's the best animated series of all time in my opinion.

Really glad to hear that Zuckerman is on board, it just wouldn't be the same without his music.

Last edited:
I'm showing the animated series to my niece for the first time. She's really enjoying it. Funny, I was wondering how this Netflix series was coming along just a few hours ago while we were watching an episode. Hopefully it has a 2020 release, at the very latest.

I've watched this series a couple of times, it's one of my all time favorites. I remember seeing the first live action trailer for the M. Night film. Man, I was so excited. Because this series has the potential to be big. Man, that film was a massive let down.

But I'm optimistic for this series. Glad they have the original creators behind this, as well as the original composer. The musical score is a big part of the series, like John William's is to Star Wars.

I'm curious if they will keep Aang a 12 year old boy, or bump his age up? Really curious to see who they cast in these roles.

I just discovered this series for the first time on Netflix. I've been binging it the past couple of weeks and almost done with it. What a fantastic series and what a royal F*** UP Shyamalan was for screwing this up so bad. The material was all laid out for him to easily adapt and its almost like he went out of his way to make it bad. This show is so rich and well written.

I know everything is on pause right now with Covid but I hope Netflix is still moving forward with this live-action tv series. That could be Netflix next Stranger Things if done right.

Yeah I’m definitely keen. It’ll be interesting to see where they film and of course if they can pull of Uppa

I just discovered this series for the first time on Netflix. I've been binging it the past couple of weeks and almost done with it. What a fantastic series and what a royal F*** UP Shyamalan was for screwing this up so bad. The material was all laid out for him to easily adapt and its almost like he went out of his way to make it bad. This show is so rich and well written.

I know everything is on pause right now with Covid but I hope Netflix is still moving forward with this live-action tv series. That could be Netflix next Stranger Things if done right.

The original show is most likely in my top 10 shows of all time, it's just that good.
I remember when the first trailer for the movie dropped and I was so hyped, only to be majorly disappointed in the end lol. Really curious about this new show, lets hope for the best.

Yeah I’m definitely keen. It’ll be interesting to see where they film and of course if they can pull of Uppa

It's Appa ;)

Well I’m fed appa haha. No I’m just kidding no worries only ever heard it spoken not written

About to finish the series and I'm actually kind of upset I didn't get to watch it when I was younger.

Kinda hoping the live action series is a proper sequel series instead of what Korra ended up being.

About to finish the series and I'm actually kind of upset I didn't get to watch it when I was younger.

Kinda hoping the live action series is a proper sequel series instead of what Korra ended up being.
I think the Word going around is that the Netflix show will be a retelling of the original show.

I liked Korra as a sequel series (though a slow start) but maybe with a proper Aang series in between of his years as an adult.

Whatever Netflix does I hope they do it right.

Im working my way through season one of Korra and I like it a lot so far. I hear mixed things about this series, what are your guys’ take on it?

It is good but different from Last Air Bender. There are a few plots that drag on and at times it seems to wander about.

I love korra! Maybe I even love it more than the last airbender? It’s so hard because the quality level is so high

I liked Korra as a sequel series (though a slow start) but maybe with a proper Aang series in between of his years as an adult.

Whatever Netflix does I hope they do it right.

honestly this is what I want, I dont get wanting to do a retelling, ill watch it because i enjoyed the animated series, but a proper sequel series with Aang has me FAR more interested.

Original Zuko Actor Talked To Avatar: Last Airbender Creators About Possible Involvement In Live-Action Netflix Show

Basco, who is also best known for playing Rufio in Hook, sat down with Screen Rant to talk about his upcoming Twitch series Artificial. Inevitably, the subject of Avatar and its latest live-action attempt came up. First, Basco expressed his enthusiasm for Avatar's newfound popularity (now that it is available on Netflix) before saying, "So I’m really excited to be a part of the Avatar family, and that’s coming back in live-action, and I’m looking forward to being a part of that and continuing to see what happens with the story." When we asked if there's anyone Basco would like to see play Zuko, he said this:

I don’t know specifically who I would want to see play Zuko. All of that is dependent upon how you cast the whole gang and how the world works out. I’m just excited that Mike [DiMartino] and Bryan [Konietzko] are at the helm of it all, and we’ve had some conversations. They know I’m here as part of the family to help out in any way, and we’ll see as it gets closer how the whole cast comes together. I’m excited as much as anybody else.

That's not bad at all. How does he sound?

I don't know how he sounds off of Kim's Convienence where his character has an accent but I think he could do a good General Iroh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"