Netflix's She-ra revival

I didnt even know this thing was happening but saw pics of it bc of the design controversy. IA with them and not a fan. Before realizing this was She-ra, I thought this was a cartoon about a transperson superhero which isnt what they are going for

I swear the face on She-ra in this reminds me of another cartoon but I cannot place it. Is this the art style I would have done? Likely not, but it's fine for a cartoon.

I think animation styles have gotten lazy in kids animation of late but at the same time I have no reason to complain when it isn't directed at me and definitely not because I can't *********e to it like these guys are complaining about. Every time you think the internet has gone too far, it finds a way to go even further.

I mean, yeah I have stated the new TMNT style is awful but that is as far as I go. I don't go around saying how much it needs to be adjusted to my subjective opinion of acceptable.

I think animation styles have gotten lazy in kids animation of late but at the same time I have no reason to complain when it isn't directed at me and definitely not because I can't *********e to it like these guys are complaining about. Every time you think the internet has gone too far, it finds a way to go even further.

I mean, yeah I have stated the new TMNT style is awful but that is as far as I go. I don't go around saying how much it needs to be adjusted to my subjective opinion of acceptable.

Why are people assuming that everyone that dislikes this is trying to *********e to a cartoon?

Not everyone but there is a vocal minority who do. Which is something I also pointed out.

I didn't explicitly state it but it should be obvious I was referring to the handful of men who want to get off on a cartoon character, not everyone else who has an actual legitimate reason to dislike the cartoon for other reasons. I don't care for the animation style either (as I said about TMNT's) but it has nothing to do with sexualizing the character(s).

Watch Goblin Slayer instead in October. The designs are way better.

Goblin-Slayer-Chapter-6-feature-1024x640.png

A2-1-2.jpg

The animation in todays cartoon's is cheap looking. As for the internet, it's interesting to me to see the debate around this compared to the Buffy and Charmed reboots. It seems to me the people who are calling others man babies who just want to jerk off to a cartoon didn't grow up with He Man and She-Ra, because if they did they would know She-Ra was primarily targeted to girls and had a predominantly female creative team behind her. The people complaining about Charmed and Buffy grew up with the originals, most didn't grow up with She-Ra and are just talking about her based on how she looks, which isn't really sexualised at all.

I think so.

Goblin.Slayer.%28Character%29.full.2165785.jpg

goblin_slayer_by_jazzjack_kht-dbdtkfh.jpg

big_1522244042_image.jpg

Fans of Dark Souls, Batman, and Berserk are going to love this show.

I couldn't be more excited for this!

I thought that was an ok teaser.

How is it in 2018 animation can still look this terrible?

I've heard a few theories but the main explanation appears to be several animators were taught be a certain teacher at one of the art schools in California who inspired them to do this kind of animation. I really don't know nor care how true it is though. Whatever the reasoning for it, it is definitely not the kind I care for.

That's not what is considered "calarts style" though.

Not everybody is going to copy Studio Mir. The actual animation looks fine. And the designs are different, skewing for a younger looking show.

Whatever style they're calling it now, it looks cheap as ****.

Yesss that transformation was wicked. Stoked for this. Loved the animation and voice acting. Netflix animation is on fire. Can't wait for this, and the Dragon Prince comes out soon.

Sailor Moon + Thor is a combination I never knew I wanted until this show.

I will definitely be watching this but I think they could have been a bit more ambitious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"