Neuromancer is finally getting made!

10 years later..

20 years later...

30 years later.....(Blah) Entertainment has secured the rights to Gibson's classic cyberpunk novel!

And by the time it gets made, i have a feeling it'll be like The Giver. Which wasn't a bad movie but it had to cave in to fit in with the market ( high tech Hunger Games dystopian vs. 1984 concrete dystopian). I think these funders will ask for changes that will damage the adaptation (Like more action, etc.)

It's being partially financed by China, so already I can guarantee there will be limitations.

Yeah, it makes me think that they their own intentions with the film, and make it more..tentpole friendly.

Just let it die. Modern audiences are only interested in bland, PG superhero crap. Forever War too. Why are they still trying to adapt that when a quality military sci-fi film like Edge of Tomorrow disappointed at the box office? The time to have made these was the 80s/90s when we still had talented filmmakers willing to do uncompromising science fiction.

Just let it die. Modern audiences are only interested in bland, PG superhero crap. Forever War too. Why are they still trying to adapt that when a quality military sci-fi film like Edge of Tomorrow disappointed at the box office? The time to have made these was the 80s/90s when we still had talented filmmakers willing to do uncompromising science fiction.

Back in the 90s, people from the 70s and early 80s were complaining about the exact same thing. Just fill in the gaps with x that is popular nowadays.

Step 1. Seemingly hate PG superhero movies.
Step 2. Join forum dedicated to anticipating and discussing PG superhero movies.

:huh:

Would this be a good movie? I would like to know!

I'll laugh so hard if they make this an action film. I'm always blown away by Hollywood's insistence on making some random summer action movie and then slapping a book title on it... Haven't we done this enough with I, Robot and World War Z... or hell, Jason Bourne, Jurassic Park, even I Am Legend. I mean, if you're going to take a trashy airport book like The Da Vinci Code, by all means, do what you want with it (and ironically, that's a mostly faithful adaptation). But damn, don't take legitimate literature and **** it up.

Step 3. ?
Step 4. Profit.

LMAO.

Seriously though, it is annoying to when you pop into a discussion board for superhero movies and see someone dismissing them ALL as crap. It's like, it's fine if you feel that way, but what are you doing here, ya know? I generally hate romantic comedies, but I'm not going to join RomComHype just to belittle everyone who posts there.

LMAO.

Seriously though, it is annoying to when you pop into a discussion board for superhero movies and see someone dismissing them ALL as crap. It's like, it's fine if you feel that way, but what are you doing here, ya know? I generally hate romantic comedies, but I'm not going to join RomComHype just to belittle everyone who posts there.

Well, here's the dilemma with that - just from my own perspective. 90% of movies are basically crap, so that logically means that 90% of superhero movies are crap too... and they are. You can still be hyped for all superhero movies (and I am), but if they're crap, they're crap. You just call 'em like you see 'em.

There are plenty of non-"super hero crap" movies out there for you. Just go see them and don't worry about their box office receipts. Like you said, there was Edge of Tomorrow (which I loved), but we've also recently had stuff like Snowpiercer (which I also loved) and Ex Machina (which I haven't seen yet, but keep hearing great things).

‘Deadpool’ Director Tim Miller to Helm Cyberpunk Adaptation ‘Neuromancer’
EXCLUSIVE: Back when Deadline revealed that Deadpool helmer Tim Miller had dropped out of the sequel of his hit movie over creative differences, Fox insiders said the studio would work hard to make sure that it found a major project for Miller and his VFX studio Blur to build from the ground up. They’ve found one: Neuromancer, the classic cyberpunk novel by William Gibson. Simon Kinberg will produce.

The studio will soon set a writer to adapt a tale that has drawn the interest of several filmmakers in the past. The logline: Case was one of the best console cowboys until he stole from one of his employers, who in turn damaged his nervous system so that he cannot access cyberspace anymore. Broke and destroying himself, Case is contacted by Molly, a heavily modified razorgirl, to work for a shadowy colonel who needs a cyberspace cowboy for a secret mission. The employer fixes Case’s damaged brain, but implants a slow dissolving poison to make sure the cyberspace wiz does his bidding, in attempting to abduct a perverse psychopath who is able to create holograms with the force of his mind.

This is the second project that Miller has set at Fox; Mark Bomback is writing Influx, an adaptation of the Daniel Suarez novel that is expected to launch a film trilogy. Miller’s attention right now is on the resurrection of The Terminator franchise that he is teamed on creatively with creator James Cameron. That film is expected to start production next spring. Right now, they have a writers room with several scribes figuring out where to take the Skynet saga that Cameron hatched in 1984. The film is a major part of this week’s new deal between Paramount Pictures and Skydance.
http://deadline.com/2017/08/deadpoo...am-gibson-movie-fox-simon-kinberg-1202145496/

With Miller as a director - I'm super-excited. I love cyberpunk and Neuromancer book, but chances it will happen are really slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"