The Dark Knight New Article with (new?) quotes?

best article in a while. good to see a couple of social comparisons as well.

DUDE right....ON

terrific find!

:csad: makes me miss Heath even more

BTW is this a Aussie article?

because it says New York Times at the bottom?

great read, great quotes, great find. thanx a lot..

"It was like a seance, where the medium takes on another person and then is so completely drained."

That was the line that had me at WHOA!

Without a doubt, this will be one of the best movies of the year, not because of the action and the fact that its BATMAN, but also because of the acting and I hope they don't water down the Joker parts of the movie. I'm sure Nolan won't, no matter what happens to the Joker. The best way to honor Ledger's performance is to keep excatly the same way as if he didn't pass away.

FIRST POST!!!!!! :applaud :applaud :applaud:hoboj: :applaud :applaud :applaud

They styled Joker after A Clockwork Orange? Interesting.

They styled Joker after A Clockwork Orange? Interesting.

Well, Heath said he did at first (used as one of the references) but then the Joker became something completely different. Heath made the role his own.

Loved the article, thank you for sharing it, $klaary! It just about made my day! I got goosebumps reading the first paragraph (wonderful intro!). Also, Bale's bit about Batman "burdened by that power" made me think of that trailer shot of Bruce in his penthouse, holding his cowl and looking very sad/worried about something.

I also love how the reporter called Nolan an auteur, hehe. Very nice article allaround.

This article is a complete double edged sword for me. On one hand I really enjoyed reading it, but it has made me sit back and think about everything Heath did for this role, everything you hear about him playing the Joker just makes it sound like all he wanted to do was do it justice.

Everything new I hear I develop this complete feeling of respect for him, and total fanboy admiration for wanting to do my favourite comic book character ever justice, let alone even be described as the greatest comic book film villian ever.

I can't wait for this film:yay:

good stuff.

I like the fact that it's Batman committing to an indefinate battle against the criminal element. So it's not "Batman decides to hang up the cape" like Superman or Spider-man. It's Batman realizing it's never gonna be over.

genius.

Love that Nolan.
Uh, that's nothing new. That's Batman. "OMG NOLANZ IS GENIUS!1!11"

:huh: :yay:

wow something actually decent coming from the NY Times.

Wow, great find, great read, thank you. I know it will unfortunately never happen but Heath's performance really sound oscar worthy. Has there ever been a posthumous oscar anyway ?

I think the only actor that's been awarded an Oscar posthumously was Peter Finch for the movie Network. I think he, ironically, was also Australian.

Überlibran;14257121 said:
I think the only actor that's been awarded an Oscar posthumously was Peter Finch for the movie Network. I think he, ironically, was also Australian.
Cool, thanks for the info. I always thought Finch was english.

That article kinda makes me wonder how dark this movie will be. The first one was dark enough (not that I'm complaining), but how far are they willing to take it with this one. All of Nolan's versions of the comic characters seem to have a dark gothic feel to them, but how much? Personally, I can't wait to see the movie, especially how Bruce's journey will be in this movie. Nolan was the perfect peron to take over the franchise, and his views on the characters are spot on, especially after reading this article.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/13931/1/THE-TWO-PERFORMANCES-OF-TWO-FACE/Page1.html

I just hope idiot parents don't ***** about the movie later, killing it's box office.:brucebat: :hoboj:

I loved the word "intense" when they described the Joker. That, to me, was the best part of Bale's performance in BB. While Keaton was more mythical, more elemental and silent, Bale brought across that intensity that Batman has never shown onscreen before. When he interrogated Flask I almost jumped out the seat, it was great, and something Batman would totally do in order to intimidate someone for an answer.

Just from the trailer, you can already see that in Ledger's performance too, and while the Joker always had his clown moments, he's pretty serious when it comes to his business of killing and destruction...

Very good read! Good find!... This movie is definitly my number 1 must_see_movie of 2008!!! I sooooooooo can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"