The Dark Knight Rises New Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think the new batmobile should not lose the basics of what made the Tumbler so spectacular. The plow through anything aspect of it should be retained.

The batmobile has traditionally been a sports car based design. Which would be perfect if Gotham were a closed race track with a 30 degree bank.

But its an urban environment with obstacles, other cars, etc. I think the new Batmobile should have the basic Tumbler shape but much sleeker, less F117 Stealth jagged plate and more F22 Raptor smoother lines.

I've have never been a fan of the small sports car look. Very very rarely do I like it. I prefer it when the batmobile is very removed from looking like a regular car.

I think if there's a new batmobile, it will be another Tumbler. (Possibly with some slight modifications.) I would be shocked if we got a drastic redesign with this reportedly being Nolan and comapany's last batmovie.

A slightly modified Tumbler would be awesome, but for the face Reece kinda outted the Tumbler as The Batmobile, I kinda feel it will be a complete redesign.

A slightly modified Tumbler would be awesome, but for the face Reece kinda outted the Tumbler as The Batmobile, I kinda feel it will be a complete redesign.

I hope so. While I loved the car, I always thought it was a dumb idea.

Bruce came off as really irresponsible and shortsighted to just take a Wayne Enterprises invention out into the world without modifying it or disguising it in any way.

I respect that Nolan at least recognized this and drew attention to it in TDK, but by drawing attention to it, you almost make it look worse (maybe that was the point?) Bruce was really lucky that 1.) Reese was a total sissy and 2.) Fox is there to clean up his mess.

You guys do have valid points but replacing the Tumbler with another 'mysterious black car' isn't going to stop the connection being made to Wayne Enterprises' research department.

Morgan-Freeman-God.jpg

He can fix anything.

Weren't there TWO tumblers? Or did Fox's project just commission for one before it got shot down?

Fox made it very clear that two tumblers were always used in the 'bridging' experiments. If the defense contract is like any other major defense contract in the real world, tumblers would have been mass produced for the testing phase. They would have had several replacement tumblers in case something happened.

I could have sworn that The Killing Joke's Batmobile was his most classic Pre-Crisis design, the long roadster with the bubble top searchlight, and the single fin. That's the one Schumacher adapted for FOREVER.

People don't like that car?

the next tumbler should have a t-rex on it...since batman already has a t-rex in the batcave why not on his car :)

You guys do have valid points but replacing the Tumbler with another 'mysterious black car' isn't going to stop the connection being made to Wayne Enterprises' research department.
Not only this, but Reese was the only one to find the blueprints for the Tumbler. He gave them back to Fox, which he either destroyed, or put it in a more secure area. Reese already knows who Batman really is, so coming in with a newer car isn't going to change that fact, and like you said, isn't going to stop the connections.

Not only this, but Reese was the only one to find the blueprints for the Tumbler. He gave them back to Fox, which he either destroyed, or put it in a more secure area. Reese already knows who Batman really is, so coming in with a newer car isn't going to change that fact, and like you said, isn't going to stop the connections.

You know what this means...

Bane must kill Reese. :oldrazz:

Is it possible for Bruce to get the car through some dummy corporation? Isn't that what he did with the mask in BB?

Has never been, nor will it ever be, better than this:

batmobileb.jpg

Last edited:
Has never been, or will it ever be, better than this:

batmobileb.jpg

My Jeep Wrangler is better than that.

Simply for the fact that it can actually make a turn without any outside help from grappling hooks.

No, the Tumbler is the best movie Batmobile we've ever seen so far.

It was a one of a kind, original creation that could actually pretty much do in real life what it could do in the movies(save for a thing or two).

It wasn't just some fiberglass penis shell that was situated over the innards of a commercial car.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this. A new design that is smaller, sleeker and less tank-like, but still has the Tumbler aesthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"