The Dark Knight Rises New Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has never been, nor will it ever be, better than this:

batmobileb.jpg
I want to make love to this car.

Hey! It's the new batboat!! :oldrazz:

HONDA-CIVIC-LX-2011-4SABK.jpg

oh, noo! it's Batman! he gets 32 miles to the gallon!

The best post ever!

Anyways, I think one thing a lot of modern Batmobile designs like is subtlety. It works for the tumbler, but if you look at cars in the comics or the batmobile from Arkham Asylum, they're got these ridiculous monster trucks wheels on these crazy half-gothic, half-hot rod designs with a zillion little details sticking out everywhere.

The Burtonmobile was elaborate, but it was also sleek. It didn't look like a monster. That was cool. The BTAS mobile took that same concept and streamlined it even more, simplified it graphically, to make something that, in my mind, was even cooler.

I also like the RIP batmobile:
normalbatmobilebatman67.jpg

It's clearly Batman, it's clearly not just a regular vehicle, but the differences are more subtle.

I don't know what direction they want to take for this film. They could easily justify a smaller, more urban-appropriate vehicle. Really, the tumbler was a collateral damage machine, so I think Batman deciding he needs something more street friendly is entirely reasonable. A Tumbler 2.0 is also a fine approach.

Naturally, a a megagothic hot-rod is probably out of the question, haha.

If I was a superhero, you know what I would want in a car?

To be able to make sharp turns without using a grapple.

My Jeep Wrangler is better than that.

Simply for the fact that it can actually make a turn without any outside help from grappling hooks.

No, the Tumbler is the best movie Batmobile we've ever seen so far.

It was a one of a kind, original creation that could actually pretty much do in real life what it could do in the movies(save for a thing or two).

It wasn't just some fiberglass penis shell that was situated over the innards of a commercial car.
We can believe that we are watching Bruce Wayne on screen even though he is clearly Christian Bale.

We accept that the Batman costumes are armour even though they are clearly made out of rubber.

We ignore the fact that what we are watching is fiction, the results of actors pretending to be someone else, reading lines from a script that is completely made up, scenes filmed out of order, special effects being used left and right.

But the car has to be real. Any kind of movie magic in this situation is completely unacceptable.

JAK®;19753691 said:
We can believe that we are watching Bruce Wayne on screen even though he is clearly Christian Bale.

We accept that the Batman costumes are armour even though they are clearly made out of rubber.

We ignore the fact that what we are watching is fiction, the results of actors pretending to be someone else, reading lines from a script that is completely made up, scenes filmed out of order, special effects being used left and right.

But the car has to be real. Any kind of movie magic in this situation is completely unacceptable.

"Get out."

"Get out."
Nope, sorry, you can't use that against me, I'm not telling people to stop talking about a particular topic in a thread made to talk about that topic.

I'm just pointing out the bizarre logic you use to dismiss other people's opinions.

I hope some realize all those jokes poking fun at sharp turns is just as easily applied to the Batpod. :o

JAK®;19753815 said:
Nope, sorry, you can't use that against me, I'm not telling people to stop talking about a particular topic in a thread made to talk about that topic.

I'm just pointing out the bizarre logic you use to dismiss other people's opinions.

I'm not dismissing any opinion. Simply stating my own.

I hope some realize all those jokes poking fun at sharp turns is just as easily applied to the Batpod. :o
Cognitive dissonance? In my Batboards? It's more likely than you think.

Well, that was a motorcycle with huge wheels, it's not expected to be able to make sharp turns. And in the movie it was able to do that cool reversal by running up the wall.

So every time I take a shot at Burton I have to take one at Nolan?

Well I won't! Burton sucks and everything Nolan does is perfect and god I'm bored already.

Am I enough of a stereotype now?

Well, that was a motorcycle with huge wheels, it's not expected to be able to make sharp turns. And in the movie it was able to do that cool reversal by running up the wall.
But it's fully expected for a vehicle who is a close cousin of a dragster? I'm just not getting why the Batpod would be given a pass. It was clearly being ridden all around Gotham, and he most certainly did not just take a straight path when chasing Joker. He'd have to turn at some point, which is impossible with those wheels.

But we're willing to suspend disbelief, aren't we? Nolan was smart enough to cut it in a way that it wasn't so noticeable. It's strange that so suddenly the basic shape of the Batmobile is so easily dismissed because of a logistics issue that doesn't have to exist on film.

So every time I take a shot at Burton I have to take one at Nolan?

Well I won't! Burton sucks and everything Nolan does is perfect and god I'm bored already.

Am I enough of a stereotype now?
You can do what you wish, I was making a simple observation. You'd do well in the performing arts with that over-exaggerated response, btw.

Last edited:
But it's fully expected for a vehicle who is a close cousin of a dragster? I'm just not getting why the Batpod would be given a pass. It was clearly being ridden all around Gotham, and he most certainly did not just take a straight path when chasing Joker. He'd have to turn at some point, which is impossible with those wheels.

But we're willing to suspend disbelief, aren't we? Nolan was smart enough to cut it in a way that it wasn't so noticeable. It's strange that so suddenly the basic shape of the Batmobile is so easily dismissed because of a logistics issue that doesn't have to exist on film.
To look at it that way, Burton could have cut around the batmobile chase in Returns so that it didn't make that sharp turn without the need of the grapple. But he didn't, so we have that rather unfortunate bit to go by.

You can do what you wish, I was making a simple observation. You'd do well in the performing arts with that over-exaggerated response, btw.

What can I say, assumptions make me uppity.

To look at it that way, Burton could have cut around the batmobile chase in Returns so that it didn't make that sharp turn without the need of the grapple. But he didn't, so we have that rather unfortunate bit to go by.
I always understood it as a turning mechanism for when speeding. The hook helped steer the Batmobile into a smooth transition in an entirely different direction. A utility that when missing, would easily succumb all vehicles to topple over or drag across the pavement and crash into something.

It being the 80s, the effect isn't so striking. I think it would look really cool if redone today though.

Look, I love Burton's Batman movies, but I will admit: The action sequences were bad. Just plain bad. Chases, fights, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"